Milan drinking spots

Saint Garrett

Thanks for the info mate.

Any suggestions for the Naviglio Grande area, which is the best street/canal to head for in the 1st instance, to have a beer and get our bearings?

We're heading to Naviglio Grande. See you there.

Looked it up on the map - points me about 3 miles out of Milan!

Looking at the opening times for most places in Milan - all seems to be 18.00, 19.00 over and over again. Maybe the club were onto something telling people to go to Duomo.

Duomo certainly seems to be the city centre tourist hub (think: Trafalgar Square, I guess). Ok, so any bars/cafes/restaurants in the vicinity will likely be taking the p1ss with their tourist trap prices but at least they're guaranteed to be open.

Edited by trousers

Duomo certainly seems to be the city centre tourist hub (think Trafalgar Square, I guess). Ok, so any bars/cafes/restaurants in the vicinity will likely be taking the p1ss with their tourist trap prices but at least they're guaranteed to be open.

Looking beyond the opening times google have posted, there are articles claiming bars open from 8-11 in the morning so maybe we'll be fine.

I think co-ordination on the day will be key - find a place that's open, post a picture on here, swarm to it and drink it dry before repeating the process.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/english+pub+milan/@45.4612992,9.1819815,14.63z

I googled english pubs in milan. Close the Duomo I've noticed The English Football Pub, Old Fox Pub, Murphy's Law, King's Pub, Pub O'Connell, Sloane Square.

Ok, so you may want to go to Italy for the culture, food and wine, but I'd suggest the above will better at getting a Saints atmosphere going!

See you there maybe tomorrow evening.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/english+pub+milan/@45.4612992,9.1819815,14.63z

I googled english pubs in milan. Close the Duomo I've noticed The English Football Pub, Old Fox Pub, Murphy's Law, King's Pub, Pub O'Connell, Sloane Square.

Ok, so you may want to go to Italy for the culture, food and wine, but I'd suggest the above will better at getting a Saints atmosphere going!

See you there maybe tomorrow evening.

I'm flying in on Thursday morning so if you could do a recce of all those venues tomorrow evening and report back on their viability for Thursday afternoon that would be appreciated! :)

I'm flying in on Thursday morning so if you could do a recce of all those venues tomorrow evening and report back on their viability for Thursday afternoon that would be appreciated! :)

Kings pub says €4 a drink on Thursdays and the norm seems to be €8-10 + in other venues.

Does anyone know the score with nippers and alcohol in Italy . What's the legal age and are they hot on id . My lad is 17 .

There is no legal minimum age to buy alcohol un Italy, but it's illegal to supply anyone under 16 alcohol. A lot of places (including most supermarkets) are part of a voluntary program not to sell alcohol to under 18's. In reality, I've never seen anyone ID'd for gambling, alcohol or cigarettes in Italy, even to enter a club.

There is no legal minimum age to buy alcohol un Italy, but it's illegal to supply anyone under 16 alcohol. A lot of places (including most supermarkets) are part of a voluntary program not to sell alcohol to under 18's. In reality, I've never seen anyone ID'd for gambling, alcohol or cigarettes in Italy, even to enter a club.

Thanks

He's with a group of 12 & the next youngest is 48 . It's gonna be well boring if he can't have a couple with us .