Man City 1 Saints 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

MOTM  

343 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM

A very good team effort from us. Puel spot on tactically with his formation, tactics and substitutions. We are gaining a reputation as a very difficult team to beat. MOTM Romeu, who was massive in front of the back line and his interception stats must have received another big boost. I believe that having Long up front for half of the match might have caught City on the break, shame he is out. Redmond took his goal very well with a great finish. Boufal showed some finesse and looks a good prospect, but this was a baptism of fire playing in the PL against the most expensive team and he will take a few matches to adjust to the pace. But there were a couple of very good passes into the box and with him and Tadic we have two excellent play makers. McQueen was a little nervy in the first half, but grew in the second.

I don't think that we have reason to fear any team particularly, but the days of the top teams believing that playing us virtually guarantees them 3 points are disappearing fast.

Not sure about this 'clasie not good enough stuff' played well imo.

He isn't in the team for his shooting ffs.

There must always be a nominated player to completely exaggerate the weaknesses of and slag off.

Redmond was in line but has made it impossible to be the fall guy, JWP,Clasie and Martina by the sounds of it are still in the running.

It's an easy game to play you just discount all the good things your target does and heavily focus on the one or two negative but noticeable mistakes made in the game. Then you go on the forum and start a post like this

'Good point but...'

and then you launch into an exaggerated tirade and make sweeping predictions of your targets ability deep into the future whilst disregarding opposition or final score.

There must always be a nominated player to completely exaggerate the weaknesses of and slag off.

Redmond was in line but has made it impossible to be the fall guy, JWP,Clasie and Martina by the sounds of it are still in the running.

It's an easy game to play you just discount all the good things your target does and heavily focus on the one or two negative but noticeable mistakes made in the game. Then you go on the forum and start a post like this

'Good point but...'

and then you launch into an exaggerated tirade and make sweeping predictions of your targets ability deep into the future whilst disregarding opposition or final score.

giphy.gif

Imo, disregard the two awful shots, I still thought Classie was very poor.

Didn't even consider the shots, it was the giving the ball away, misplaced passes and poor tackles that made his performance poor. We looked much better when P-E came on.

Good point today (excellent (point actually), really could have won it, Austin should have done better with Boufal's lovely ball. Boufal looked promising, but his Gaston-esque give away very nearly cost us dear. Well done to Sam McQ, he had a tough afternoon, and was clearly feeling it with 10 to go (cramping and blowing), but with some help from Davis and VvD he really did a good job defensively today, which was the question that was being asked.

Good point under all the circumstances. I thought Boufal looked promising. Still think we should have signed an out and out forward. Austin's lack of pace was particularly noticeable today and his one reasonable chance he hit straight at the keeper which is frustrating. Romeu immense even after being booked. Thought McQueen did well too Starting to get over the pain of the San Siro and the players did well to lift themselves. Puel deserves some credit also.

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella

Thought that Romeu, Redmond and VVD were very good. Fonte and Davis not far behind. Only negative really was Clasie was poor.

Also, is it just me or does Forster never come off his line? Even when defenders are trying to shepherd it back to him he won't come out and pick it up.

No I have noticed that, about his game. Its a big negative for him IMHO.

Seems we were just there to make up the numbers again pre-match, and ended with a superb and deserved point.

Sunderland game will be intruging - reckon Fonte, van Dijk, Romeu and Tadic will all be rested with Stephens/Gardos, Yoshida, Reed, and Boufal all coming in.

'Good point but...'

Very good point, well made

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Great point and 1 more than most teams will get up there this season.

Boufal showing signs of being a very good player, looking forward to him really getting used to the team and the league.

Great defending as usual, credit to the players and manager.

'Good point but...'

Indeed. They are all looking improved even JWP. Puel is clearly a superb coach. We need Clasie and JWP and even Yoshida to rotate and keep fresh. Some ***ts just think we can go and get simple upgrades I'm sure.

Magnificent effort from such a draining week. As others said VVD needs a rest midweek. Romeu seems superhuman so may be able to play but I would also rest.

Very good point. Grinded it out. Not a player I can pick out as MOTM because they were all brilliant. Boufal looked highly intelligent when he came on. We could murder Sunderland in midweek, grind out another good result next week against Chelsea and then I'm coming home to see us against Inter Milan (Never thought I'd say that) where we can go at it all guns blazing.

Good away team performance today, everybody contributed and nobody shirked their responsibilities. We all played for each other and the senior pros helped the kids out, pretty much how it's meant to be really. Romeu and VvD were the pick of the bunch, but everybody played well.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Can't believe that Clasie is getting stick (from some !) because he really did well today !

His booking was harsh as he clearly got the ball. He then he had to tread carefully but still kept winning the ball and probing with through balls !

I reckon that he is a 'players player' and that they recognise his contribution even if some posters on here cannot see it !

Can't believe that Clasie is getting stick (from some !) because he really did well today !

His booking was harsh as he clearly got the ball. He then he had to tread carefully but still kept winning the ball and probing with through balls !

I reckon that he is a 'players player' and that they recognise his contribution even if some posters on here cannot see it !

i thought he was ok, I thought Davis gave the ball away more than him, especially in the first half.

i thought he was ok, I thought Davis gave the ball away more than him, especially in the first half.

Gutted when their goal was scored as felt it was preventable but overall brilliant point today.
yeah, there was just a slight miscommunication as to who was going to pick up Iheanacho.

VvD let up just slightly and then when he realized Fonte was moving forward to cover someone else, VvD just couldn't quite get back to Iheanacho to prevent the shot.

It happens.

I am still concerned about the lack of goals. Tadic is still what makes the team tick, but I wish he would put a few in the back of the net.

Gutted when their goal was scored as felt it was preventable but overall brilliant point today.
yeah, there was just a slight miscommunication as to who was going to pick up Iheanacho.

VvD let up just slightly and then when he realized Fonte was moving forward to cover someone else, VvD just couldn't quite get back to Iheanacho to prevent the shot.

It happens.

I am still concerned about the lack of goals. Tadic is still what makes the team tick, but I wish he would put a few in the back of the net.

Cracking point, great defensive effort from all concerned, fair play to McQueen in particular, what a week he's had.

Still think Man City are the best team in the league, this point helps balance out some of those dropped earlier in the season.

Fee moans;

Clattenburg giving so many 50/50s their way, often followed up with a booking.

Games like that, Austin doesn't help enough no matter how hard he tries, doesn't have the pace to stretch their back line or hold the ball up and make it stick for a bit.

We're very reliant on VVD/Fonte/Romeu in such a game.

Such quiet support from both sides, amusing to see football tourists coming along for the spectacle of English football and just getting that.

Would imagine Boufal will start on Weds, definitely needs a few 90mins under his belt.

Cracking point, great defensive effort from all concerned, fair play to McQueen in particular, what a week he's had.

Still think Man City are the best team in the league, this point helps balance out some of those dropped earlier in the season.

Fee moans;

Clattenburg giving so many 50/50s their way, often followed up with a booking.

Games like that, Austin doesn't help enough no matter how hard he tries, doesn't have the pace to stretch their back line or hold the ball up and make it stick for a bit.

We're very reliant on VVD/Fonte/Romeu in such a game.

Such quiet support from both sides, amusing to see football tourists coming along for the spectacle of English football and just getting that.

Would imagine Boufal will start on Weds, definitely needs a few 90mins under his belt.

Seems we were just there to make up the numbers again pre-match, and ended with a superb and deserved point.

Sunderland game will be intruging - reckon Fonte, van Dijk, Romeu and Tadic will all be rested with Stephens/Gardos, Yoshida, Reed, and Boufal all coming in.

Hesketh will play against Sunderland

Hesketh will play against Sunderland

So did I, needlessly gave the ball away numerous times.

Maybe, but Boufal twice gave the ball away in very dangerous positions and set up counter-attacks. Not the composure needed and wanted touch time. Looked promising in attacking positions though.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So did I, needlessly gave the ball away numerous times.

Maybe, but Boufal twice gave the ball away in very dangerous positions and set up counter-attacks. Not the composure needed and wanted touch time. Looked promising in attacking positions though.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if my sales director will speak to me tomorrow (City Supporter) I said to him Friday it's got draw written all over it, still one consolation for him the rags are losing. Romeu's best game for us, VVD and Fonte had good games and Wednesdays team selection could be interesting.

Edited by Toomer

Just wondering if my sales director will speak to me tomorrow (City Supporter) I said to him Friday it's got draw written all over it, still one consolation for him the rags are losing. Romeu's best game for us, VVD and Fonte had good games and Wednesdays team selection could be interesting.

Edited by Toomer

Towards the end of the match we were down in our right corner and appeared to be in difficulty getting out. However, some neat movement, first time passes and all round clever play saw us move swiftly away and then set up a very crisp counter attack which finished with McQueen putting in a telling cross which Stones had to head away for a corner. Fantastic football, a joy to watch and The Beautiful Game played at its best.

Towards the end of the match we were down in our right corner and appeared to be in difficulty getting out. However, some neat movement, first time passes and all round clever play saw us move swiftly away and then set up a very crisp counter attack which finished with McQueen putting in a telling cross which Stones had to head away for a corner. Fantastic football, a joy to watch and The Beautiful Game played at its best.