Man City 1 Saints 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

MOTM  

343 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM

Romeu! What a player. He ran, harried, intercepted, tackled, read danger, headed, broke up play and used the ball with intelligence. A superb holding midfield player. Compare and contrast with Man Utd v Chelsea - who was their holding midfield player, did they even have one? Time and again Chelsea walked through and engaged the Utd back four unopposed. How do Utd possibly leave out a player like Morgan? - they paid all that money for him, it's clear that they need a holding midfield player and yet they waste his talents. Hats off to Romeu who just seems to get better and better.

Romeu! What a player. He ran, harried, intercepted, tackled, read danger, headed, broke up play and used the ball with intelligence. A superb holding midfield player. Compare and contrast with Man Utd v Chelsea - who was their holding midfield player, did they even have one? Time and again Chelsea walked through and engaged the Utd back four unopposed. How do Utd possibly leave out a player like Morgan? - they paid all that money for him, it's clear that they need a holding midfield player and yet they waste his talents. Hats off to Romeu who just seems to get better and better.

Can I pompously agree with you? I am a big fan of Romeu and think he is an intelligent player both off and on the pitch. Indispensable already and to think Chelsea let him through their fingers! hope I don't sound too pompous, by adding, Puel is quietly impressing me. Still early days but he has made a really solid start.

Can I pompously agree with you? I am a big fan of Romeu and think he is an intelligent player both off and on the pitch. Indispensable already and to think Chelsea let him through their fingers! hope I don't sound too pompous, by adding, Puel is quietly impressing me. Still early days but he has made a really solid start.

Totally agree. I think he is superb and patient manager. I can only see us getting better and better as the season progresses. I love Fitzhughs comment "I think Puel deserves some credit" . No **** you pompous ****.

bored of the Manji vs FF show, and since you started it based on nothing take a week off.

Totally agree. I think he is superb and patient manager. I can only see us getting better and better as the season progresses. I love Fitzhughs comment "I think Puel deserves some credit" . No **** you pompous ****.

bored of the Manji vs FF show, and since you started it based on nothing take a week off.

Without being a bedwetter Martina is not a premier league standard player, he has pretty much no football brain in regard to positioning, once again leaving man free before trying to resolve problem but too late 1v1. As long as he plays team will punish us down his side, Thursday night he spent 1st 30mins arguing with yoshida as both didn't know where they were supposed to be often resulting in no man's land, I love vvd but as like Thurs poor vision both resulting in goals, really need a rb in January

:mcinnes:

Without being a bedwetter Martina is not a premier league standard player, he has pretty much no football brain in regard to positioning, once again leaving man free before trying to resolve problem but too late 1v1. As long as he plays team will punish us down his side, Thursday night he spent 1st 30mins arguing with yoshida as both didn't know where they were supposed to be often resulting in no man's land, I love vvd but as like Thurs poor vision both resulting in goals, really need a rb in January

:mcinnes:

Towards the end of the match we were down in our right corner and appeared to be in difficulty getting out. However, some neat movement, first time passes and all round clever play saw us move swiftly away and then set up a very crisp counter attack which finished with McQueen putting in a telling cross which Stones had to head away for a corner. Fantastic football, a joy to watch and The Beautiful Game played at its best.

The taters here in the USA were drooling over that move. :poundit:

Towards the end of the match we were down in our right corner and appeared to be in difficulty getting out. However, some neat movement, first time passes and all round clever play saw us move swiftly away and then set up a very crisp counter attack which finished with McQueen putting in a telling cross which Stones had to head away for a corner. Fantastic football, a joy to watch and The Beautiful Game played at its best.

The taters here in the USA were drooling over that move. :poundit:

Have you lot forgotten who we were playing. Not every player can play 10/10 every game. Just be happy that our little provincial tram can give these types a game.

What a bloody bunch of moaners.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Passing the ball straight to the opposition shouldn't happen whoever you play, it's what this thread is for, opinions about the game.

Have you lot forgotten who we were playing. Not every player can play 10/10 every game. Just be happy that our little provincial tram can give these types a game.

What a bloody bunch of moaners.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Passing the ball straight to the opposition shouldn't happen whoever you play, it's what this thread is for, opinions about the game.

What world do you live in? Every saints player should have 100% passing stats. I doubt you would be happy unless we were beating Barca 5-0 each week with flawless,error free football.

Just be half full at a glorious display away from home that stifled, perhaps, the champions come the end of season.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

What world do you live in? Every saints player should have 100% passing stats. I doubt you would be happy unless we were beating Barca 5-0 each week with flawless,error free football.

Just be half full at a glorious display away from home that stifled, perhaps, the champions come the end of season.

For what it's worth. I think you are right. This is a good team, to be a great team, we have to iron out the silly mistakes, that includes sloppy passes. That said, Man City probably had more wayward passes than us from a squad that cost probably 150+ more than ours . I am sure Puel had a few comments about wayward passes today.

Still a great point.

For what it's worth. I think you are right. This is a good team, to be a great team, we have to iron out the silly mistakes, that includes sloppy passes. That said, Man City probably had more wayward passes than us from a squad that cost probably 150+ more than ours . I am sure Puel had a few comments about wayward passes today.

Still a great point.

Can't believe that Clasie is getting stick (from some !) because he really did well today !

His booking was harsh as he clearly got the ball. He then he had to tread carefully but still kept winning the ball and probing with through balls !

I reckon that he is a 'players player' and that they recognise his contribution even if some posters on here cannot see it !

This. Hard working player who constantly harassed City's defence. Getting better every game like Spiderman, who was slagged off on here in his early days.

Can't believe that Clasie is getting stick (from some !) because he really did well today !

His booking was harsh as he clearly got the ball. He then he had to tread carefully but still kept winning the ball and probing with through balls !

I reckon that he is a 'players player' and that they recognise his contribution even if some posters on here cannot see it !

This. Hard working player who constantly harassed City's defence. Getting better every game like Spiderman, who was slagged off on here in his early days.

I'm pretty optimistic and content, why can't we comment on flaws in our team?

I'm pretty optimistic and content, why can't we comment on flaws in our team?

Grow up mate. Or just keep away from this forum. Complete loser.

Grow up mate. Or just keep away from this forum. Complete loser.

Rewatching the game, I'm horrified at the number of times City players deliberately stamped on ankles after a tackle, and all missed or ignored by Clattenburg. Each one could have been a straight red. Disgraceful.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The Gundogan tackle was a shocker, Kompany did a couple of bad ones too.

Rewatching the game, I'm horrified at the number of times City players deliberately stamped on ankles after a tackle, and all missed or ignored by Clattenburg. Each one could have been a straight red. Disgraceful.

The Gundogan tackle was a shocker, Kompany did a couple of bad ones too.

The Gundogan tackle on Romeu is the worst of the lot and it wasn't even a foul. It barely got a mention on Sky either after the replay.

The Gundogan tackle on Romeu is the worst of the lot and it wasn't even a foul. It barely got a mention on Sky either after the replay.