Has anyone ever 'Come Home'

ozzmeister

I was reading the Morgan Schneiderlin thread and the majority (myself included) would take him back in a heartbeat.

However I was racking my brain to come up with many examples where this has happened at Saints (or most other places in fact).

The main one I can think of for Saints is Kevin Davies (and what a deal that was). Probably the best example in terms of football in general id Robbie Fowler goin back to Liverpool for a season or two.

Anyone got other examples (Saints primary, Premiership in general secondary).

I was reading the Morgan Schneiderlin thread and the majority (myself included) would take him back in a heartbeat.

However I was racking my brain to come up with many examples where this has happened at Saints (or most other places in fact).

The main one I can think of for Saints is Kevin Davies (and what a deal that was). Probably the best example in terms of football in general id Robbie Fowler goin back to Liverpool for a season or two.

Anyone got other examples (Saints primary, Premiership in general secondary).

Don Roper came back from Arsenal and Ivan Golac resigned twice.

As for players who had a career with Saints....left the club then returned (successfully)..there are very few. Most mentioned above.

In reality there is a lot of truth in the old saying " never go back " .very few ever got anywhere near their previous form, and it was always best to remember them - as they once were.

As for having Schneiderlin or Oxlade-Chamberlain back(?) .....it may sound a nice thought ....but we warned !:rolleyes:

Do managers count? Howard Kendall & Everton?

Ian Rush & Liverpool (after having a 'mare at Juve).

Denis Law & Man City (after hitting the doldrums for a few years at some small cross-town club...!)

I know they're pre-Prem, but so was Channon.