Hello from NorthernIrishSaint

N.I.S

Hi guys and gals,

I'm a Southampton fan from Belfast, I have been a member over at not606 for years and the official 606 before that. Recently I've been having some account trouble (tried to update my email address, confirmation email never sent, tried to resend it 3 or 4 times over the space of a week- nothing, tried to go back to my old address- it didn't allow me to, I tried to register a brand new account but it won't send the confirmation for that either, I have emailed support 3 times but heard nothing back in over two weeks and blah blah blah) which prompted me to register here and this is just a quick hello. I'm 29 and have supported the Saints for 15 years, I get to 3-4 games in a season on average, the game against Inter on Thursday week will be my first this season.

I also write a blog called 'Northam Over Here' which can be found here- https://northamoverhere.wordpress.com/

And run a small Facebook group for Northern Irish Saints fans which can be found here- https://www.facebook.com/groups/206719262713996/

Out of interest why do you support saints? I'm always baffled by people supporting sides from places they're not from but choosing us is just madness, i mean we have no choice it's an infliction, but to actively choose us... you must hate yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest why do you support saints? I'm always baffled by people supporting sides from places they're not from but choosing us is just madness, i mean we have no choice it's an infliction, but to actively choose us... you must hate yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially for 15 years! Still, there are worse punishments, like supporting the blue phew.

Good question! Lol I'm a firm believer that your football team chooses you ;) I especially liked a few players at the time, then I started getting ****ed off when they lost until I realised I was a supporter. My dad (who is English but isn't from Southampton and doesn't even follow football) took me to my first game and that was that. I'm a big Juventus fan too and I have enjoyed the gulf between the two teams closing through recent years!

Hello norn irish. Im same. Always happy to hear from others. Im exiled in Liverpool but went to my first saints game in 1993. Came to uni there hence my allegiance. Trying to explain an Ulsterman supporting Saints is always an uphill struggle

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm reverse. Born in Limavady of English parents with Dad's family hailing from St Mary's area of Southampton. All courtesy of a posting by the Fleet Air Arm to RAF Eglinton, which I believe is now City of Derry Airport. Came back to Winchester as a baby in April 1957 and never been since. Wife has been a few times on business, most notably on Sept 11 2001 when she was in Belfast City Airport watching events in NYC unfold.

Edited by Winnersaint

Hi guys and gals,

I'm a Southampton fan from Belfast, I have been a member over at not606 for years and the official 606 before that. Recently I've been having some account trouble (tried to update my email address, confirmation email never sent, tried to resend it 3 or 4 times over the space of a week- nothing, tried to go back to my old address- it didn't allow me to, I tried to register a brand new account but it won't send the confirmation for that either, I have emailed support 3 times but heard nothing back in over two weeks and blah blah blah) which prompted me to register here and this is just a quick hello. I'm 29 and have supported the Saints for 15 years, I get to 3-4 games in a season on average, the game against Inter on Thursday week will be my first this season.

I also write a blog called 'Northam Over Here' which can be found here- https://northamoverhere.wordpress.com/

And run a small Facebook group for Northern Irish Saints fans which can be found here- https://www.facebook.com/groups/206719262713996/

Hello and welcome! I am near Dublin (Wicklow mountains to be precise), but did live in Soton for many years. Remember the wife telling a Dublin cabbie that I supported the Saints and she said he couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the 20 minute journey - silly chappie as he supported Liverpool (Saints B team) and had no connection to Liverpool or had ever been to see them. Like you I can only manage very games a year - not sure what it's like from Belfast, but for me it's nearly €500 per game all told, and even then it's if I can manage to get a ticket - whilst delighted with our recent successful years, occasional tickets are much harder to buy.

Born in Co. Down, resident in Barcelona, and same story - you chose a top flight English team at an early age in N.Ireland (generally Man U or Liverpool) in the absence of any local quality, and for some it sticks. For me and Saints that was 24 years ago.

MLT was the initial draw and it grew from there. No family connection, not local, just incredible goals from am unfashionable team.

Hello and welcome! I am near Dublin (Wicklow mountains to be precise), but did live in Soton for many years. Remember the wife telling a Dublin cabbie that I supported the Saints and she said he couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the 20 minute journey - silly chappie as he supported Liverpool (Saints B team) and had no connection to Liverpool or had ever been to see them. Like you I can only manage very games a year - not sure what it's like from Belfast, but for me it's nearly €500 per game all told, and even then it's if I can manage to get a ticket - whilst delighted with our recent successful years, occasional tickets are much harder to buy.

I thought Liverpool was (tongue in cheek) the capital of Ireland? :p