Southampton and the Poppy Appeal 2016

Chris@BritishLegion

Dear Southampton fans,

my name is Chris and I work for The Royal British Legion.

I just wanted to let everyone on the forum know that during Southampton’s game versus Chelsea, the club will wear shirts embroidered with a poppy in show of Remembrance. These shirts will be signed and auctioned with all proceeds kindly donated to the Legion.

Southampton FC have been big supporters of the Legion by displaying the poppy on their shirt, allowing us to raise incredible amounts to support the future of the living and also help us uphold the memory of fallen. If you would like to own a piece of Saint’s memorabilia whilst also supporting the Legion please keep a look out on the club’s official channels for when the auction goes live in November.

For more information on our partnership with the all Premier League clubs during the Poppy Appeal last year please visit http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/community/news/poppy-appeal/premier-league-clubs-raise-record-sum-for-the-2015-poppy-appeal/.

Many thanks for reading, and to the moderators, apologies if this appears to be an advert-type post

Chris

I don't think anyone would have any quarrel with you posting here. Especially for such a fantastic cause. :toppa:

Do you know whether the club will be selling SFC poppy pins this year?

Thank you :)

Yes SFC will have these available at the ground, if these sell out you can also get these on our official site http://www.poppyshop.org.uk (in the next few days).

All the proceeds will go to the Legion - unlike a lot of unofficial pins you see on Ebay