Stewards

angelman

I know that if anything is ever written about the stewards, it is usually negative, but something different.

Was in the Northam last night, as usually in Kingsland (much better as I can see both ends there as my eyesight sucks) Anyway, apart from the stewards kicking some tool out of Block 40 for standing - seemed a tad harsh if you ask me seeing as half the rest of the stand was standing but guess he was being overly dismissive of the stewards - there was one steward who seemed absolutely brilliant. Mark 119. Maybe it is because I have a disabled kid that it struck me so, but the way he treated and greeted people both with special needs as well as those without was really good to see. Always seemed to have a smile on his face and did the most important thing of making time for everyone.

Probably not a thread that will interest many, but sometimes its just good to show your appreciation of a job well done (and hopefully the club reads these boards).

I know that if anything is ever written about the stewards, it is usually negative, but something different.

Was in the Northam last night, as usually in Kingsland (much better as I can see both ends there as my eyesight sucks) Anyway, apart from the stewards kicking some tool out of Block 40 for standing - seemed a tad harsh if you ask me seeing as half the rest of the stand was standing but guess he was being overly dismissive of the stewards - there was one steward who seemed absolutely brilliant. Mark 119. Maybe it is because I have a disabled kid that it struck me so, but the way he treated and greeted people both with special needs as well as those without was really good to see. Always seemed to have a smile on his face and did the most important thing of making time for everyone.

Probably not a thread that will interest many, but sometimes its just good to show your appreciation of a job well done (and hopefully the club reads these boards).

If it's mark who has dark hair late 40s maybe ? He's a cracking bloke in my younger messier days when we had our season tickets in the northam we got on really well even though we could be a bit of a handful sometimes! Tbh over the years I've found most of our stewards very professional and friendly!

Marks been doing stewarding in the Northam since st Mary's opened. Absolutely cracking guy and very much one of us to the extent that you see him at away games and he's said in the past if he could afford it he'd get a season ticket in the northam with us.

Can only speak for those around us but everyone has a hell of a lot of time for him and he always uses common sense too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark's great unless he is shouting "guys, sit down" in your ears constantly :). Always greets all the guys with a handshake and the ladies with a kiss on the cheek a thoroughly nice guy.

Is he the bloke between Northam blocks 41/42 looks like Phil Brown? He's a total jobsworth if so, claims he's a Saints fan but clearly isn't as doesn't watch the match at all, clearly gets a kick out of telling people what to do and is far more interested in getting people to sit down. I've noticed him going in for a kiss with all sorts of female saints fans, bit odd behaviour in my opinion in fact I might report him for harrasment

Is he the bloke between Northam blocks 41/42 looks like Phil Brown? He's a total jobsworth if so, claims he's a Saints fan but clearly isn't as doesn't watch the match at all, clearly gets a kick out of telling people what to do and is far more interested in getting people to sit down. I've noticed him going in for a kiss with all sorts of female saints fans, bit odd behaviour in my opinion in fact I might report him for harrasment

I guess that's one way of looking at things. But I saw disabled fans faces light up when they bumped into him and said hello - it seems to be part of the match day experience for them. Might not be important to you or me, but to them it adds things to the day.

As for continually being told to sit down, well that's the law isn't it? Rather than call him a jobsworth, I guess it would be better to call for safe standing.