Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

Simon Peach just alluded on twitter that it is going to be an interesting few months ahead for Saints.

Just seen this when looking up Lander on Bloomberg- a special EGM was convened today related to "provision of guarantee quota for subsidiaries"....

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=20359612

Seems like Peach (and I assume other club friendly journalists) know more about this potential takeover/investment/whatever than they have been letting on.

Also seems more than coincidence that the Echo publishes a piece, albeit more speculative and seemingly intended to remind readers on the takeover the same day their chief football reporter gets an audience with Les Reed...

Seems like Peach (and I assume other club friendly journalists) know more about this potential takeover/investment/whatever than they have been letting on.

Also seems more than coincidence that the Echo publishes a piece, albeit more speculative and seemingly intended to remind readers on the takeover the same day their chief football reporter gets an audience with Les Reed...

I just assume that Peach has spoken to both Blackmore & Leitch over DM's on twitter :)

Nope.

Journo's also need slapping with a dead fish.

Especially the Daily Echo in particular.

respectfully that's boll*cks, if that was the case how come so many would go from the Echo to work at the club? Or maybe you're talking about threatening letters that certain ex chairmen sent to people?

I don't know who the source is, passed on by a friend who knows the source.

I've never received tips before, but he isn't someone who would maliciously make up a rumour.

Having said that, if it turns out to be bullish!t, don't shoot the messenger. (but you will, and so will many other)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I don't claim to be in any way an ITK, but I have just heard from someone I trust that the deal is done, announcement imminent.

Kat to retain 15%

Thanks for the info. I'm naturally sceptical of friend of friend sources and how 'imminent' the info is.

If true, I really hope Kat and the club have done their homework. Chinese owners have not had a good hit rate so far

Thanks for the info. I'm naturally sceptical of friend of friend sources and how 'imminent' the info is.

If true, I really hope Kat and the club have done their homework. Chinese owners have not had a good hit rate so far

I understand your scepticism.

I've never posted info like this before, and am only doing so now as I think there's a decent chance it's genuine.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL4N1F23DB

Reuters 2 hours ago:

BRIEF-Lander Sports Development to buy assets from controlling shareholder

Jan 12 Lander Sports Development Co Ltd

* Says it signs framework agreement to buy assets from controlling shareholder

Source text in Chinese: bit.ly/2iJKlTQ

Anyone read Chinese? Not sure how relevant to us it is.

Edited by Mallagroth

May be the added investment we require.

As long as they keep the same infrastructure in place (les ect...) and sit quietly in the background then I think we'll be okay. Pray these aren't anything Vincent tan! Wouldn't imagine they are if they let Kat hold onto 15% though!

Thanks for everything Markus/Kat, you will forever live in the memory of every saints fan (maybe now it's time for a statue or rename a stand??? I know Kat wasn't keen originally), but if you aren't willing / don't have the funds to invest then it's the right time to sell.

Pretty sensible business decision for Kat if she decides to keep 15%. IF new investors push us onto that next level she could sell her stake for a reasonable sum, I would imagine.

I wonder if plans are really to redevelop / change stadium and therefore added investment is required?

Not sure. My Chinese is a little rusty :p

But if anyone can read the attached document it might have some clues.

http://www.cninfo.com.cn/finalpage/2017-01-13/1203011644.PDF

The entire translation below, but the salient parts which may be relevant:

During the term of this Agreement, a formal Asset Acquisition Clause is reached.

Details of the transactions contemplated under this Agreement include, but are not limited to:

(1) the acquisition of a third party sports asset by the subject company;

(2) the transaction price of all or part of the equity interest of the subject company;

(3) Party A to Party B as the price of this transaction in a specific way;

(4) the board of directors and the management arrangement of the underlying company after the completion of the transaction;

(5) other relevant matters which the parties consider to be consulted.

Entire translation:

Securities Code: 000558 Stock name: Rhine Sports Bulletin No.: 2017-006

Rheinland Sports Development Co

Announcement on Signing Reorganization Framework Agreement and Connected Transaction

The Company and all directors warrant that the information disclosed is true, accurate and complete

False representations, misleading statements or material omissions.

First, the signing of the agreement

In view of the company's controlling shareholder Rhine Holdings Limited is planning may involve listed companies

Significant events, the company's application, the company stock (securities referred to as: Rhine Sports, securities code: 000558)

Was opened on October 17, 2016 from the suspension. After the company and the parties to demonstrate and verify the above plan

Significant events constitute a major asset restructuring, according to the relevant provisions of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, the company application, the public

Division of stock since October 31, 2016 opened a major asset reorganization into the matter continue to suspend business.

The company had originally estimated in the accumulated no more than 3 months time, that is, before January 17, 2017 in accordance with the "open

Guidelines on the Contents and Formats of Information Disclosure of Companies Issuing Securities - Major Asset Reorganization of Listed Companies

Disclosure of major asset restructuring information. As the Company is unable to disclose the reorganization plan within the aforesaid time limit,

Examined and approved at the 45th meeting of the Eighth Board of Directors and will be convened at the shareholders' general meeting on January 16, 2017.

In case of suspension of trading, the suspension period shall not exceed 6 months since the first day of suspension. See details in the company in 2016

since the first day of suspension. See details in the company in 2016

December 30 in the "China Securities News", "Securities Times" and the huge influx of information network

(http://Http://www.cninfo.com.cn) published on the "eighth session of the Board of Directors forty-fifth meeting of the public

Notice "and" Notice on Convening the Shareholders' General Meeting to Consider Continuing Suspension Planning and Significant Asset Restructuring "

Notice of the Second Extraordinary Shareholders' General Meeting held in 2017 "and other announcements.

January 12, 2017, the company held the forty-sixth session of the Eighth Board of Directors, the meeting agreed to four votes,

0 votes against, abstained from voting on the adoption of the >. because

This transaction is related to the actual controller of the company and its consistent action between Gao Jisheng or the controlling shareholder of the company

Of the connected transactions, the company's controlling shareholder sent directors Gao Jisheng, Tao Chun, Xu Zhongping, Gao Jianping, Li Qi to avoid

vote. January 12, 2017, the company and the company's actual controller Gao Jisheng, Rhine Holdings Limited

(Hereinafter referred to as the "controlling shareholder") signed the "Laiyinda Sports Development Co., Ltd. and Gao Jisheng,

Laiyinda Holding Group Co., Ltd. on the transfer of assets of the Cooperation Framework Agreement "(hereinafter referred to as" Framework Agreement "

"this agreement").

Second, the framework of the main content of the agreement

(A) the main body of the framework agreement

Party A: Rheinland Sports Development Co

Party B: Gao Jisheng, Laiyinda Holding Group Co

The following parties, collectively referred to as "parties to the transaction", "parties"

(B) the transaction program

Party A intends to issue shares or cash purchase, etc. to purchase the major assets involved in the reorganization of the underlying capital

The underlying assets of the Company are all or part of the equity of the subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as the "Target Company").

The two sides will further details of the restructuring plan for further communication, consultation and demonstration, including but not

Limited to the specific programs of this transaction, the underlying asset pricing, the transaction price of payment and transaction approval and process

Order.

(3) The underlying assets

The major assets involved in the reorganization of the underlying assets of subsidiary companies under the B all or part of the equity, standard

Of the company's actual control of the high-Jisheng. The company is currently in the process of acquiring third-party sports assets.

(4) Transaction price

The appraised value of the asset appraisal report issued by the asset appraisal institution with qualification of securities business shall be

Reference basis, by the parties involved in the transaction involved in the reorganization of the consultation. The final transaction price is signed by the parties to the transaction

Of the formal agreement shall prevail.

(5) Payment methods

Party A shall pay the consideration for the acquisition by way of issue of shares or cash purchase. The final consideration of the purchase price to

The parties to the transaction signed a formal agreement shall prevail.

(6) follow-up work and arrangements

1, the work schedule

In order to facilitate the smooth progress of this restructuring, the parties agreed to follow the following schedule to gradually move forward

All aspects of the matter.

No. Working time

1 Signing of the Cooperation Framework Agreement

2 due diligence, negotiation of specific matters within the validity of this agreement

3 to sign a formal asset purchase agreement within the validity of this agreement

4 Assets delivered in accordance with the terms of the formal asset purchase agreement signed by the parties

2, the details of consultation

After the signing of this Agreement, the parties shall immediately consult on the details of the transactions contemplated under this Agreement,

During the term of this Agreement, a formal Asset Acquisition Clause is reached.

Details of the transactions contemplated under this Agreement include, but are not limited to:

(1) the acquisition of a third party sports asset by the subject company;

(2) the transaction price of all or part of the equity interest of the subject company;

(3) Party A to Party B as the price of this transaction in a specific way;

(4) the board of directors and the management arrangement of the underlying company after the completion of the transaction;

(5) other relevant matters which the parties consider to be consulted.

3, the official transaction documents

Parties in the details of the transaction on the basis of agreement, the formal signing of the legally binding asset acquisition agreement

In the terms of the agreement agreed under this agreement transactions specific issues.

(7) The term of the agreement

This Agreement is valid for six months from the date of this Agreement. One month before the expiration of this Agreement

The duration of this Agreement may be renewed for a period not exceeding three months, subject to agreement between the parties.

Third, the independent directors prior approval and independent advice

The independent directors approved in advance that the "Proposal of Signing the Reorganization Framework Agreement and Connected Transaction" to the Company

The Eighth Board of Directors of the forty-sixth meeting to consider and express their independent opinions are as follows:

The company intends to control the company with the actual high-Jisheng, the controlling shareholder of the signing of the "Rhine Delta Sports Development Co., Ltd.

Company and Gao Jisheng, Rhine Holdings Limited on the transfer of assets of the cooperation framework agreement "to send

Line shares or cash purchase, etc. to purchase the major assets involved in the reorganization of the underlying assets, the underlying assets

Subsidiary or wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. Due to the transaction involving the company's actual controller Gao Jisheng and its

Concerted action or the controlling shareholder of the connected transactions between the parties, through voting on the "reorganization of the signing of the framework agreement

Proposal on Connected Transaction of the Company ", the directors of the Company's controlling shareholder sent Gao Jisheng, Tao Chun, Xu Zhongping, Gao Jian

Ping, Li Qi to avoid the vote. The review process is in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and the Articles of Association of the Company, and there is no loss

Harm to the company and the interests of small and medium shareholders. The decision-making process under this framework agreement follows an open, fair,

Fair and impartial principles, there is no damage to the company and the interests of small and medium shareholders.

In summary, we unanimously agreed that the company and the company's actual controller Gao Jisheng, the controlling shareholder of the signing of "Rhine

Sports Development Co., Ltd. and Gao Jisheng, Lai Yinda Holding Group Co., Ltd. on the transfer of assets

Framework Agreement".

Fourth, risk tips

The signing of the framework agreement on the major asset restructuring of the listed companies reached a preliminary meaning of the matter

To the specific details of the program and the transaction to the parties to the transaction after the signing of a formal agreement shall prevail.

The major asset restructuring is still uncertain, the majority of investors to draw attention to investment risk.

Fifth, for reference documents

"Lai Yinda Sports Development Co., Ltd. and Gao Jisheng, Lai Yinda Holding Group Co., Ltd. on the capital

Cooperation Framework Agreement on Transfer of Production ".

Special announcement.

Board of Directors of Rheinland Sports Development Co., Ltd

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL4N1F23DB

Reuters 2 hours ago:

BRIEF-Lander Sports Development to buy assets from controlling shareholder

Jan 12 Lander Sports Development Co Ltd

* Says it signs framework agreement to buy assets from controlling shareholder

Source text in Chinese: bit.ly/2iJKlTQ

Anyone read Chinese? Not sure how relevant to us it is.

Upload it to https://translate.google.com/

I have just doen that but I can only see general references to securites and such.

Page 1

Stock Code: 000 558 Securities referred to as: Physical Rhine Announcement Number: 2017-006 Rheinland Sports Development Co Announcement on Signing Reorganization Framework Agreement and Connected Transaction The Company and all directors warrant that the information disclosed is true, accurate and complete False representations, misleading statements or material omissions. First, the signing of the agreement In view of the company's controlling shareholder Rhine Holdings Limited is planning may involve listed companies Significant events, the company's application, the company stock (securities referred to as: Rhine Sports, securities code: 000558) Was opened on October 17, 2016 from the suspension. After the company and the parties to demonstrate and verify the above plan Significant events constitute a major asset restructuring, according to the relevant provisions of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, the company application, the public Division of stock since October 31, 2016 opened a major asset reorganization into the matter continue to suspend business. The company had originally estimated in the accumulated no more than 3 months time, that is, before January 17, 2017 in accordance with the "open Guidelines on the Contents and Formats of Information Disclosure of Companies Issuing Securities - Significant Asset Reorganization of Listed Companies " Disclosure of major asset restructuring information. As the Company is unable to disclose the reorganization plan within the aforesaid time limit, Examined and approved at the 45th meeting of the Eighth Board of Directors and will be convened at the shareholders' general meeting on January 16, 2017. In case of suspension of trading, the suspension period shall not exceed 6 months since the first day of suspension. See details in the company in 2016 December 30 in the "China Securities News", "Securities Times" and the huge influx of information network (http://Http://www.cninfo.com.cn) published on the "eighth session of the Board of Directors forty-fifth meeting of the public Notice "and" Notice on Convening the Shareholders' General Meeting to Consider Continuing Suspension Planning and Significant Asset Restructuring " Notice of the Second Extraordinary Shareholders' General Meeting held in 2017 "and other announcements. January 12, 2017, the company held the forty-sixth session of the Eighth Board of Directors, the meeting agreed to four votes, 0 votes against, 0 abstentions considered and adopted the >. because This transaction is related to the actual controller of the company and its consistent action between Gao Jisheng or the controlling shareholder of the company Of the connected transactions, the company's controlling shareholder sent directors Gao Jisheng, Tao Chun, Xu Zhongping, Gao Jianping, Li Qi to avoid vote. January 12, 2017, the company and the company's actual controller Gao Jisheng, Rhine Holdings Limited (Hereinafter referred to as the "controlling shareholder") signed the "Laiyinda Sports Development Co., Ltd. and Gao Jisheng, Laiyinda Holding Group Co., Ltd. on the transfer of assets of the Cooperation Framework Agreement "(hereinafter referred to as" Framework Agreement " "this agreement").

Page 2

Second, the framework of the main content of the agreement (A) the main body of the framework agreement Party A: Rheinland Sports Development Co Party B: Gao Jisheng, Laiyinda Holding Group Co The following parties, collectively referred to as "parties to the transaction", "parties" (B) the transaction program Party A intends to issue shares or cash purchase, etc. to purchase the major assets involved in the reorganization of the underlying capital The underlying assets of the Company are all or part of the equity interest of the subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as the "Target Company"). The two sides will further details of the restructuring plan for further communication, consultation and demonstration, including but not Limited to the specific programs of this transaction, the underlying asset pricing, the transaction price of payment and transaction approval and process Order. (3) The underlying assets The major assets involved in the reorganization of the underlying assets of subsidiary companies under the B all or part of the equity, standard Of the company's actual control of the high-Jisheng. The company is currently in the process of acquiring third-party sports assets. (4) Transaction price The appraised value of the asset appraisal report issued by the asset appraisal institution with qualification of securities business shall be Reference basis, by the parties involved in this reorganization of the transaction negotiations. The final transaction price is signed by the parties to the transaction Of the formal agreement shall prevail. (5) Payment methods Party A shall pay the consideration for the acquisition by way of issue of shares or cash purchase. The final consideration of the purchase price to The parties to the transaction signed a formal agreement shall prevail. (6) follow-up work and arrangements 1, the work schedule In order to facilitate the smooth progress of this restructuring, the parties agreed to follow the following schedule to gradually move forward All aspects of the matter. Serial number Work links time 1 Signed a cooperation framework agreement The date of this Agreement 2 Due diligence, and negotiation of specific issues This Agreement is valid 3 Signed a formal asset acquisition agreement This Agreement is valid 4 Asset delivery In accordance with the terms of the formal asset purchase agreement signed by the parties

If this true I find myself more worried than excited..

Quite rightly, when you look how other teams have done after a takeover.

I think (without knowing anything) I always imagined it might be 60/40% share with Kat and my hope was that they would look to develop the land around St Mary's.

Party A: Rheinland Sports Development Co. This isnt us, is it?

Party B: Gao Jisheng, Laiyinda Holding Group Co. This isn't them,is it?

No. It's Google translate doing a funny. The company in both cases is Lander (莱茵达 or laiyinda, if you want the pinyin, the official romanisation).

Per Reuters, the Lander Sports Development company is buying out (it's not clear if it's in full or in part) Gao Jisheng, the main shareholder of the company.

On one level, it's a completely internal affair and has no relation to us...

Edited by shurlock

I don't claim to be in any way an ITK, but I have just heard from someone I trust that the deal is done, announcement imminent.

Kat to retain 15%

There were rumours that Kat was asking for 200 million and that the Lander group were struggling to raise that amount of cash. Could the unsold 15% be because they could only afford 85% of her asking price? Do you know what Kat intends to do with the money? Is it going into her personal bank account or will any of it be invested in the club? If she is taking it all, it seems a bit greedy as she is rumoured to have more than enough money already and her father left her the club.

Of course, this is all idle speculation at this stage. but, I just wish the buyers had a lot more money than the Lander group appear to have.

My problem with this is that every piece I have read so far has said that Lander do not have (in international football club ownership terms) very much money. In fact we would be their biggest asset whereas with Marcus we definitely weren't. We were his labour of love.

It will be interesting to see what they say if this does come to fruition as I can't see the point in investing in the club if you don't really have funds to make any sort of significant impact.

My problem with this is that every piece I have read so far has said that Lander do not have (in international football club ownership terms) very much money. In fact we would be their biggest asset whereas with Marcus we definitely weren't. We were his labour of love.

It will be interesting to see what they say if this does come to fruition as I can't see the point in investing in the club if you don't really have funds to make any sort of significant impact.

I fear that, if they're not loaded with cash, the point of buying Saints is not to develop the club, but to make money, which could be asset-stripping.

Perhaps they plan to carry on with the sustainable club thing we are supposedly doing now. I'm not sure what people will make of new owners that carry on selling our players to pay for new ones generally posters who have suggested new owners, in place of the greedy money grabbing, etc, etc. Ms Liebherr, have assumed they'd be bank rolling the club not selling off the silverware...

No. It's Google translate doing a funny. The company in both cases is Lander (莱茵达 or laiyinda, if you want the pinyin, the official romanisation).

Per Reuters, the Lander Sports Development company is buying out (it's not clear if it's in full or in part) Gao Jisheng, the main shareholder of the company.

On one level, it's a completely internal affair and has no relation to us...

Thanks for that. It's a bit confusing.