Winning "OUR" league

Heisenberg

Having a good look at the league table earlier and its interesting how quickly its taken shape this season. I have spoken a lot about football hierarchies and levels and spoken about the 3 leagues within the premier league.

For me the Top 6 are on another level now - over the summer they have invested and have appointed the best managers. Yesterday proved we are definitely NOT a top 6 side

Then you have the middle pack - includes us

& Finally the also-rans the duffs in the pack that will try to avoid finishing bottom 3

Key for us is to win "our" league and if we do we finish 7th

Current table + levels

Liverpool

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Manchester Utd

Everton

Watford

Bournemouth

Southampton

Burnley

West Brom

Stoke

Leicester

Middlesbrough

Crystal Palace

West Ham

Hull

Sunderland

Swansea

Edited by Heisenberg

Level 2 has too many members

I'd drop Bompey, Burnley and Watford and Boro into the duffers group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnley and Middlesbrough are duffs - I've used the colours to define

Watford and Bournemouth are borderline but invested sensibly during the summer

I actually agree with this.

7th or 8th in Puel's first season would be really good.

9th - 13th : not bad if we progress in Europe, decent cup run etc.

Below that would be a bit disappointing unless we actually won a cup!

We're trying to instill a different style of play and we've got loads of matches.

okay so what is your point

We will never reach "Level 1/2"?

For now it's about acceptance I guess, for me at least I have desperately wanted us to break the top 5 (taste the champions league etc) but realistically it's not our league and I can be fairer to the team and manager by breaking it down like this

If we can win our league (finish 7th overall) I think we've done brilliant

I'm not sure he's trolling this time. We clearly won't finish top 6 and there's nothing wrong with that this season. 7th-12th more then acceptable with some decent cup runs and going far in Europe.

I agree. The idea of there being three leagues is about right. other than the top 6 and Everton, who will never be relegated, all the rest of the clubs have to look over their shoulder every season. We have lost ground over the summer and we are in danger of slipping back in the third league.

"Our" league!! There is one league and no point pretending that the them and us is OK. It isn't. It's shiit. Better than some other countries, but still makes the league a joke. Yes, LCFC won it last year but that was a fluke rather than the norm.

Personally don't care too much about the league this season. Europa it is for me. I know one leads to the other, but we are there now and need to grab the opportunity.

"Our" league!! There is one league and no point pretending that the them and us is OK. It isn't. It's shiit. Better than some other countries, but still makes the league a joke. Yes, LCFC won it last year but that was a fluke rather than the norm.

Personally don't care too much about the league this season. Europa it is for me. I know one leads to the other, but we are there now and need to grab the opportunity.

Imho we won't finish top 6 again for a while - in fact I'd fancy Newcastle to finish top 6 in the premier league before us and they are not even in the premier league

Win "our" league that's the best we can hope for

And I agree with a few others - if (if) we have a good run in Europe I'd take finishing 2nd or 3rd in "our" league this season

Remember last season we finished nearly 5th and only 3 points below 4th. I don't think we'll do so well this year agreed, but there's no reason why we couldn't strengthen, in the modest way we do, and have a go at that again next season.

Imho we won't finish top 6 again for a while - in fact I'd fancy Newcastle to finish top 6 in the premier league before us and they are not even in the premier league

And I agree with a few others - if (if) we have a good run in Europe I'd take finishing 2nd or 3rd in "our" league this season

Yeah but if Newcastle come up are they in our league or level one? What about Leeds if they came up? If Norwich come are are they our league or the league below?

Bit lost what is the criteria for being in what league? You let a team with a 12k capacity ground in our league but put one in the bottom league with a 40k stadium? Or is it only based on one season so we decide what league you are in 10 games in?

Remember last season we finished nearly 5th and only 3 points below 4th. I don't think we'll do so well this year agreed, but there's no reason why we couldn't strengthen, in the modest way we do, and have a go at that again next season.

6th, and I do think last season was a fluke by all means. It won't happen for a while yet.

We won't finish top 6 for a while.

I'm just gutted about how far Stoke have fallen.

They were streaking away from us and on the cusp of level two (of four) last time our Master Craftsman developed a ranking system (about eight weeks ago), now they're down among the dead men with us in a newly minted "middle pack" second league thing.

Feel real bad for them. :-( :-(

Edited by CB Fry

I'm just gutted about how far Stoke have fallen.

They were streaking away from us and on the cusp of level two (of four) last time our Master Craftsman developed a ranking system (about eight weeks ago), now they're down among the dead men with us in a newly minted "middle pack" second league thing.

Feel real bad for them.

These super complicated football hierarchies will be really really hard for some to understand and comprehend so don't feel bad - but 99.99% of football fans/people will grasp it, so if you have questions just ask mate

These super complicated football hierarchies will be really really hard for some to understand and comprehend so don't feel bad - but 99.99% of football fans/people will grasp it, so if you have questions just ask mate

Thanks for all the PMs, they really helped me understand it all.

I feel like a right expert now :-) :-) :-)

Edited by CB Fry

I'm 100% with this. We're not going to be fantastic in the league, so let's concentrate on the cups/Europa. Being a fan is about having hope of winning something, so the cups it is . Sod it, why aim low, let's win this Europa league, champions league it is then . We've got to be serious in the cups etc. We ARE too good to go down, so let's go and win something. Please!

I think we'll struggle in our 'mini-league' as while Puel persists with his rotation system I think our form will continue to stutter. He needs to work out his best side and stick with it as often as possible so that they get used to one another and individual players build their confidence and performance levels. To change the team for every game is not conducive to getting the best out of what we've got. A player like Boufal will not get to grips with the pace and power of the Prem if he is in one game and out the next. Stop the tinkering unless an individual player is absolutely knackered. Continuity is what we need.

I think we'll struggle in our 'mini-league' as while Puel persists with his rotation system I think our form will continue to stutter. He needs to work out his best side and stick with it as often as possible so that they get used to one another and individual players build their confidence and performance levels. To change the team for every game is not conducive to getting the best out of what we've got. A player like Boufal will not get to grips with the pace and power of the Prem if he is in one game and out the next. Stop the tinkering unless an individual player is absolutely knackered. Continuity is what we need.

Er, right. We're playing Saturday-Thursday-Sunday or similar most weeks now and clubs in Europe need large squads and player rotation. It's not "tinkering" It's what we have to do.

Sorry but you and your opinions are an irrelevance. I think NUFC would win the PL before you made any sense.

99% of football fans or pundit experts seem to know **** all so that's reassuring.

Imho we are now closer to AFCB than we are to Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool

AFCB are unlikely to win our league, while we should expect to - but they are still in "our" league

To be clear to everyone that doesn't realise he is trolling.

He has decided that we have no chance of being a top 6 team...... 12 games after Leicester won the league.

Why the forum mods put up with this crap from Glasgow and a number of other posters I'll never understand.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually agree with this.

7th or 8th in Puel's first season would be really good.

9th - 13th : not bad if we progress in Europe, decent cup run etc.

Below that would be a bit disappointing unless we actually won a cup!

We're trying to instill a different style of play and we've got loads of matches.

This. And we should aim for top six again next year.

• 1 month later...

Slightly unexpected result today for Everton today

Leaves us 9 points off 7th - however we have favourable fixtures coming up and 5 of our next 6 are against Sunderland, Swansea, WHU, Leicester and Watford (3 @ home)

Could look alot different come mid Feb

Screenshot_20170115-154842.jpg

Slightly unexpected result today for Everton today

Leaves us 9 points off 7th - however we have favourable fixtures coming up and 5 of our next 6 are against Sunderland, Swansea, WHU, Leicester and Watford (3 @ home)

Could look alot different come mid Feb

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2297[/ATTACH]

I think after yesterday we can be certain there are no favourable fixtures, anyone can beat us.