Ali Dia - FOUND

alidialegend

Well it wasn't hard to find him on LinkedIn - same MBA degree at the same time, same Qatar connection ... https://www.linkedin.com/in/aly-dia-49780613?authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=oq4M&locale=en_US&srchid=25933761479912856502&srchindex=5&srchtotal=16&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A25933761479912856502%2CVSRPtargetId%3A46791475%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRPnm%3Atrue%2CauthType%3ANAME_SEARCH

Edit - actually it's not *quite* the same uni, but you never know, he could be exaggerating on his LinkedIn profile ... :lol:

Edited by Patrick Bateman

When Bleacher Report asked Dia's mother if her son knew the former AC Milan striker, she replied emphatically yes.

"[Weah] was a friend to my daughter, Sophie, living in France," she said. "Aly knew [Weah] through her."

When contacted by phone, Sophie said, "Of course they know each other. Weah is a very good friend of mine. [George and I] still keep in touch.'"

We asked Sophie if she would put us in touch with Weah directly.

"I cannot give you [Weah's] phone number," she said. "First, I have to check with him and see if he'll agree. If so, I'll call you back."

She never called back and didn't respond to two follow-up messages.

Hmmm :rolleyes:

She does not wait for Cherif to translate. She looks him in the eyes and answers animatedly.

"He says he does not want to talk anymore about that story," she says, her voice rising. "He does not want his name to be put in the media anymore. If you call him, he will not answer. What has been written has already been written, so it is not necessary for [him] now to answer about it."

Still addressing only Cherif, she continues: "He is done with Southampton"

Not Aly Dia as well! :lol:

• 11 months later...

So Souness tries to blame Terry Cooper. Bloody cheek, as allegedly it was Cooper who more or less took over near the end of the season to save us from the relegation that we were hurtling to under that incompetent arsehole Sourpuss.