Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

So you need to finish top 7 and have a few cup finals to be officially top 7?

11 in 14 - they are top 7.

I agree with you, they are a top 7 club, but just for balance they have finished 11th in last two seasons and have been top 7 in three of last six seasons.

I agree with you, they are a top 7 club, but just for balance they have finished 11th in last two seasons and have been top 7 in three of last six seasons.

Clubs have little blips, but will typically return to the natural order. See Chelsea and Liverpool last season.

Occasionally you'll get imposters - Us, Leicester, WHU, Villa, Newcastle in recent years.

Even Fulham and Swansea have finished 8th few times in recent years.

We are not welcome and will not be allowed back in without some more fight and ambition.

Newcastle probably the biggest threat to the current top 7

Clubs have little blips, but will typically return to the natural order. See Chelsea and Liverpool last season.

Occasionally you'll get imposters - Us, Leicester, WHU, Villa, Newcastle in recent years.

Even Fulham and Swansea have finished 8th few times in recent years.

We are not welcome and will not be allowed back in without some more fight and ambition.

Newcastle probably the biggest threat to the current top 7

Jesus, what a pointless arguement.

Debatable.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

No it isn't, not in any way shape of form. You have completely lost the plot if you think Newcastle currently have a better squad than us. They aren't even remotely close.

I struggle to see how any of their players would make it into our best XI. I know a lot of Saints fans seem to have it in for Forster, but he isn't remotely as bad as they make out.

The last 3 or 4 months has highlighted a large section of this forum who aren't able to judge player quality particularly well and are far too black & white and make rash judgements on one or two incidents and then write a player off. The only current first team player I think is crap is Martina, the rest are all at a good level and we has some very high ability players and many with a lot of potential.

No it isn't, not in any way shape of form. You have completely lost the plot if you think Newcastle currently have a better squad than us. They aren't even remotely close.

I struggle to see how any of their players would make it into our best XI. I know a lot of Saints fans seem to have it in for Forster, but he isn't remotely as bad as they make out.

The last 3 or 4 months has highlighted a large section of this forum who aren't able to judge player quality particularly well and are far too black & white and make rash judgements on one or two incidents and then write a player off. The only current first team player I think is crap is Martina, the rest are all at a good level and we has some very high ability players and many with a lot of potential.

Youre deluded mate. A number of Newcastle players would improve our squad and I'd happily swap 6-7 players with Newcastle.

Its not just players, its manager too. They have a much better manager than us.

Ambition like us has been lacking but i can see that improving (for them) next season.

Genuinely feel they will finish top 7 before we do.

Out of interest do you have to have any qualifications to be a 'FM scout' or is it all based on opinions of regular fans? i.e do you have anything to suggest / Prove you judge a player better than anyone else on this forum....

Assuming not (generally don't know) who's to say that you are right and anyone who has a different opinion to you is wrong? IMO Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Bravo (stats this year back this up) does this make me better at judging players than Pep?

Agree that some on here are very rash and right players off before they've been given a chance to settle (thinking back to Mane).

Out of interest do you have to have any qualifications to be a 'FM scout' or is it all based on opinions of regular fans? i.e do you have anything to suggest / Prove you judge a player better than anyone else on this forum....

Assuming not (generally don't know) who's to say that you are right and anyone who has a different opinion to you is wrong? IMO Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Bravo (stats this year back this up) does this make me better at judging players than Pep?

Agree that some on here are very rash and right players off before they've been given a chance to settle (thinking back to Mane).

MLG takes the stock response that every player here is great "The best" His FM ratings are probably 10 for all saints players

He then does the typical SWF approach of finding one daft / joke post from someone and then casting the "thats the forum opinion" case closed.

This forum is mixed and some will have better judging skills than others. MLG is right down that list as "everyone is brilliant" doesnt really cut it.

My personal experiences have been sound and so have a few others i trust on here.

I call things a bit earlier than most, but definitly get it right way more often than not.

Some great posters on here, some with a real good eye for player potential

MLG takes the stock response that every player here is great "The best" His FM ratings are probably 10 for all saints players

He then does the typical SWF approach of finding one daft / joke post from someone and then casting the "thats the forum opinion" case closed.

This forum is mixed and some will have better judging skills than others. MLG is right down that list as "everyone is brilliant" doesnt really cut it.

My personal experiences have been sound and so have a few others i trust on here.

I call things a bit earlier than most, but definitly get it right way more often than not.

Some great posters on here, some with a real good eye for player potential

As good a written piece of hubris as I've read.

Youre deluded mate. A number of Newcastle players would improve our squad and I'd happily swap 6-7 players with Newcastle.

Ambition like us has been lacking but i can see that improving (for them) next season.

**** me you talk utter shyte

Imho and in the views of most and according to stats, J Hart is a better keeper, but.....him and Bravo are different kinds of keepers, Bravo is alot more comfy with the ball and is more confident with passing it around the back line, where hart is more likely to just hoof it down field, and the hoofing it down the field are not Pep's way of playing.

Go on then, lets hear them?

Go on then, lets hear them?

Id happily take -

Matz Sels

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Jonjo Shelvey

Chancel Mbemba

Matt Ritchie

Ayoze Pérez

Dwight Gayle

Mohamed Diamé

In exchange for any of the below from our squad -

Taylor

Gardos

Pied

Stephens

Targett

Martina

Clasie

Höjbjerg

Reed

Isgrove

Rodríguez

Long

And definitly swap Puel for Benitez

Edited by Heisenberg

Id happily take -

Matz Sels

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Jonjo Shelvey

Chancel Mbemba

Matt Ritchie

Ayoze Pérez

Dwight Gayle

Mohamed Diamé

Taylor

Gardos

Pied

Stephens

Targett

Martina

Clasie

Höjbjerg

Reed

Isgrove

Rodríguez

Long

So you're saying that their best players are better than our worst players? And you'd happily have Newcastle's first XI as our reserve team?

Not exactly sticking your neck out with that one!

Totally agree on Pied though, that guy has been gash in every match he has played.

Id happily take -

Matz Sels

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Jonjo Shelvey

Chancel Mbemba

Matt Ritchie

Ayoze Pérez

Dwight Gayle

Mohamed Diamé

Taylor

Gardos

Pied

Stephens

Targett

Martina

Clasie

Höjbjerg

Reed

Isgrove

Rodríguez

Long

^Someone's obviously bored... the old say something absurd to get attention routine... Newcastle pmsl... nice one

Id happily take -

Matz Sels

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Jonjo Shelvey

Chancel Mbemba

Matt Ritchie

Ayoze Pérez

Dwight Gayle

Mohamed Diamé

Taylor

Gardos

Pied

Stephens

Targett

Martina

Clasie

Höjbjerg

Reed

Isgrove

Rodríguez

Long

I always use ragworm far more bites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why choose a Championship team Heisy? Where's your ambition?

Newcastle will finish top 7 in the EPL before we do (imho)

And they are not even in t he EPL

MLG then said that would never happen as there squad is "significantly" weaker than ours.

It is weaker, id agree (not significantly though). Everto have a weaker squad than us - but when you have a decent manager.......

Anyway back to VVD.

Newcastle will finish top 7 in the EPL before we do (imho)

And they are not even in t he EPL

MLG then said that would never happen as there squad is "significantly" weaker than ours.

It is weaker, id agree (not significantly though). Everto have a weaker squad than us - but when you have a decent manager.......

Anyway back to VVD.

Stylish move... he plants the new hook as he reels in the other... :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

If ever a team needed him it is City. That side's defending beggars belief and Guardiola should just say get him whatever it costs.

Hope they don't and they p iss away more on hugely overpriced Mangala or Otamendi types

If ever a team needed him it is City. That side's defending beggars belief and Guardiola should just say get him whatever it costs.

Hope they don't and they p iss away more on hugely overpriced Mangala or Otamendi types

Monaco were superb in the first half. Wonder how much we'd have to pay for someone like Bakayoko in the summer.

Monaco were superb in the first half. Wonder how much we'd have to pay for someone like Bakayoko in the summer.

That ship has sailed, actually I'd say it had sailed even when we were first linked to him. Honestly think we would have a better chance getting someone like Tielemans than Bakayoko at this point.

That ship has sailed, actually I'd say it had sailed even when we were first linked to him. Honestly think we would have a better chance getting someone like Tielemans than Bakayoko at this point.

Ah, didn't realise we'd been linked to him before. Was utterly immense tonight, and so composed on the ball. When Monaco sell off some of their young players, it's going to make our transfer income over the past few years look like peanuts.

Aké for Van Dijk? Yes please for Aké, but I'd like to see him as a Saint as one of the options next to VVD. Him, or Maguire, or maybe Fosu-Mensah. Or Cácares, of course.

At the back, Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk is wanted, with Nathan Ake a player that may go in the other direction.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3123215/chelsea-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-didier-drogba/

Looks like scouse media team bullsh!t trying to drum up interest in Sakho and flog him to the highest bidder.

It is efinitely a scouse "we want to sell Sakho" briefing. Another scouse mouthpiece using Van Dijk as an angle to say we are interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/27/liverpool-hire-jet-return-phiippe-countinho-roberto-firmino

It is efinitely a scouse "we want to sell Sakho" briefing. Another scouse mouthpiece using Van Dijk as an angle to say we are interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/27/liverpool-hire-jet-return-phiippe-countinho-roberto-firmino

Mickey Quinn doing his best on TalkSport this morning to convince people that Van Dijk would rather go to Liverpool than Chelsea, as he prefers Klopp's personality to Conte's. :mcinnes:

Mickey Quinn doing his best on TalkSport this morning to convince people that Van Dijk would rather go to Liverpool than Chelsea, as he prefers Klopp's personality to Conte's. :mcinnes:

Any defender that wouldn't choose Conte is off their head. VVD would be unbelievable in that Chelsea defense.

Go to Chelsea, live in London, play in the Champions League in a team that prides itself on its defensive setup. Or go to Liverpool, possibly play in the Europa League or at best have to qualify for the Champions League, live in a ****hole, and play in a team that has no regard for its defence whatsoever. Tough one that.