Redmond

Saints foreva

He was absolute dire tonight, but to the 'fans' who were against him around me - absolute disgrace, go and find another team to support.

Spent the entire match calling for Hapoel players to stamp on him so he's injured, racial gestures and the like.

There's no denying he was dross tonight, but our fans take on a whole new level of ****tardness sometimes.

If they were being racist that is an absolute fecking disgrace. You should have reported them.

Thought he worked hard tonight. No complaints from me. Generally just think the damage was done in earlier games leaving us looking jittery tonight. Looked pretty obvious what would happen. I'm just pleased we made the group stage - at least we had 6 games to 'enjoy'.

There's no defending him atm. He is in a poor run of form and has put in some awful performances.

What I will say though, is that it doesn't help with the negative tactics that Puel occasionally has us playing. He got forward a couple of times and there was nobody with him!

I've been pretty neutral about Redmond, with the exception of insisting he isn't the out and out striker Puel thinks he is.

But I was finished with him tonight when, fairly early in the first half he beat two defenders for pace then ****ed up. Now that in itself was ok, it happens, but he had the bloody nerve to turn round and blame a team mate for his own error. It was fkin unbelievable. I just wonder what ****s like him who blame anyone and everyone else does for team moral !

Absolutely. ****** moaning at other players like he never puts a foot wrong when in fact he rarely puts one right.

Giving Bertrand a right shouting and arm waving in the first half Bertrand just turned round and walked off haha

Giving Bertrand a right shouting and arm waving in the first half Bertrand just turned round and walked off haha

As others have said, what can it do for team morale if a player keeps ****ing up, keeps getting picked, and keeps moaning at others for "****ing up". Very little I would suspect.

As others have said, what can it do for team morale if a player keeps ****ing up, keeps getting picked, and keeps moaning at others for "****ing up". Very little I would suspect.

That's the bit I don't like about him - Pelle used to bollock out his team-mates a bit, but Redmond's taken it to another level. He also seemed to get caught up in a slanging match with the BS Manager. I called him mediocre a few weeks back and copped a spray for it, but he really is....along with Long and Rodriguez.

4 key passes and 3 accurate crosses is high in one game. Hence MOtM statistically

More importantly no assists or goals in 9 in all comps for him. That was Tadic's first contribution ifor 9 games too (assist tonight)

It's a bitter pill and lesson learnt for those that decided to disrespect and write off Hapoel before we played them the first time around I'm afraid. .

Edited by FriendlySaint

He was absolute dire tonight, but to the 'fans' who were against him around me - absolute disgrace, go and find another team to support.

Spent the entire match calling for Hapoel players to stamp on him so he's injured, racial gestures and the like.

There's no denying he was dross tonight, but our fans take on a whole new level of ****tardness sometimes.

Please report to the authorities, absolutely disgusting behaviour and has no place in Football and at Saints.

http://www.kickitout.org/get-involved/report-it/

I mentioned this before about Redmond,

A Norwich supporting friend summed him up (about 2 months ago) from when he was at Norwich, yes he can be quick and dribble with the ball on his own, but at the end of the day the one thing you will never be able to train out of him is the fact that he is thick, he will take the ball to the box and unless there is a gaping big hole to run into he does not know what to do, his brain can't process the environment he has suddenly found himself in.

As this season has progressed with him in the team, the more that observation from a fan in his previous life has rung true.

Tonight he actually beat the defence, shocked himself and trod on the ball putting him back where he started having to beat the defender, first half on his toes down the pitch he's at the box but you could see he had no idea what to do next, and effing ambling out of attack (admiring his last little run) as the ball is obviously not going to go out of play as Bertie is screaming at him that just about summed him up.

Liverpool pay us £34m for a foreign electric unpredictable predator, we pretty much replace him with an ENGLISH (emphasised as their ticket priced is influenced by nationality) player for £10m, who ultimately is becoming very predictable.

Just a nothing player at the moment. Have tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, but his inadequacies and lack of footballing brain mean he is a major part of the fact we are struggling to create and score goals.

That sums it up totally. A sub-standard Juanmi (sp?) replacement.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Agree with JBS "his brain can't process the environment he has suddenly found himself in". We have been saying exactly the same. He just doesn't seem to have the football brain to match his other abilities. Unfortunately.

Spot on. His decision making ability is poor at key moments in play. He seems too indecisive and this hinders his overall contribution and affects his confidence. He has the ability to go past players but that appears to be the only really solid part of his play. He certainly has the ability to add more to his game, but it seems that unless he is more focused at crucial times, he will not improve a great deal and that has to be a concern for the club.

It also seems more prevalent in English players than Overseas players. Compare JWP's key decisions against Hojbjerg's and it seems to me that Pierre is more effective more of the time. Obviously I've no data to back this up and it's only what I've witnessed from the stands, but i find it noticeable. Maybe a difference in youth training?

He is in a very bad patch of form and I actually think this pretty much coincides with him being played as more of an out and out winger. When the ball is given to him in a wide position in space, he just doesn't seem to know what to do. Too much time to think, too many different options for him to process. I think he looks better in a central position where he has less time on the ball and has to play on instinct a bit more. That's not to say I would play him as a striker, but perhaps behind one. We need to figure out what we are doing with him because he is really hampering us at the moment.

I mentioned this before about Redmond,

A Norwich supporting friend summed him up (about 2 months ago) from when he was at Norwich, yes he can be quick and dribble with the ball on his own, but at the end of the day the one thing you will never be able to train out of him is the fact that he is thick, he will take the ball to the box and unless there is a gaping big hole to run into he does not know what to do, his brain can't process the environment he has suddenly found himself in.

As this season has progressed with him in the team, the more that observation from a fan in his previous life has rung true.

Tonight he actually beat the defence, shocked himself and trod on the ball putting him back where he started having to beat the defender, first half on his toes down the pitch he's at the box but you could see he had no idea what to do next, and effing ambling out of attack (admiring his last little run) as the ball is obviously not going to go out of play as Bertie is screaming at him that just about summed him up.

Liverpool pay us £34m for a foreign electric unpredictable predator, we pretty much replace him with an ENGLISH (emphasised as their ticket priced is influenced by nationality) player for £10m, who ultimately is becoming very predictable.

I'm not one for singling out players normally but that BIB sums up last night's performance perfectly. He seems to have the technical ability, but generally. and particularly last, doesn't seem to have the mental ability needed to be a good team player. Last night he slowed it down when a quick pass was needed, went on runs when a short pass was required, tried to shoot when others were better positioned and fails to spot the obvious attacking pass until at least2 or 3 seconds after the opposition defenders have not only spotted it but run into positions to prevent it.

Time for an early Xmas break for him I think.

Can everybody please drop this fallacy that Redmond was Mane's replacement?

Boufal was Mane's replacement - Redmond was bought to replace Juanmi.

Agree with JBS "his brain can't process the environment he has suddenly found himself in". We have been saying exactly the same. He just doesn't seem to have the football brain to match his other abilities. Unfortunately.

There was one moment in the first half last night where he had used a bit of skill to squeeze between two defenders. All he had to do was look up and run with the ball and he would have been clean through to a 1-on-1 with the keeper. But instead he just froze, like a rabbit in headlights, and allowed the defenders to re-group and block him off again.

I fear that this isn't something that can be coached out of him.

I really wanted him to do well here but after a reasonable start he's just faded badly. At one point last night in the first half he picked the ball up in our half of the pitch and started running, and Romeu (of all people) was running clear. A more intelligent player would have played Romeu in for a brilliant chance, but he just kept running to the byline. In the end he set Romeu up for a header but it was an awful assist attempt.

I hope he gets better, but at the moment he's little more than an impact sub.

Agree with Vectis.

Neither a winger nor a striker. Beats a player, then turns back to try and beat him again, rather than push on to the penalty area.

Because he can't use his left foot. At all. And he doesn't actually appear to have much pace either. Must be so easy to defend against when he's playing as a Left Winger - just show him down the line, because he sure as heck doesn't want to go down there!

If he could actually complete an inventive pass effectively these things could maybe be forgiven, but he failed to get those right too. Anything more than a 10 yard pass to feet seems beyond him - so often there was a ball into the channels for someone to run on to, and he failed to execute it. He doesn't make good enough off the ball runs either.

The crux of it is that he should be the sort of player who does out-of-the-ordinary things, yet he probably plays safer than anyone else in our team.

In his defence, he was the one player on the pitch last night who Beer'Sheva were worried about in terms of his pace.. What they did however was crowd him with 2 or sometimes 3 players closing him down and he found no options to help him... Bertrand being a main culprit..

He has the pace but he does not have a trick or two to add to that, therefore he ends up running down blind alleys or going backwards to keep possession...

I hope the lad comes good, he was by no means the worst player on the pitch last night for us.

Haven't seen anything on him, only a good acceleration to take on a man. That's nearly all he brings. No football IQ, no link-up play, poor finishing, you name it.

Every manager seems to have his favourite player. Puel bet on this lad and he failed. Move on, Claude!

He seems to rotate every position, but Redmond always starts. That's baffling since he has done nothing to deserve it.

It's time to see Tadic and Boufal together, now that they are both healthy.

In his defence, he was the one player on the pitch last night who Beer'Sheva were worried about in terms of his pace.. What they did however was crowd him with 2 or sometimes 3 players closing him down and he found no options to help him... Bertrand being a main culprit..

He has the pace but he does not have a trick or two to add to that, therefore he ends up running down blind alleys or going backwards to keep possession...

I hope the lad comes good, he was by no means the worst player on the pitch last night for us.

I'm not actually sure he has pace. When did he last out sprint someone to the ball in the way that say, Shane Long does? For a long time I have viewed him as a 'pacey' player but it might just be a myth. I recall seeing him in the pre-season friendlies and thinking he looked quick then, but not seen any evidence of it recently.

Unfortunately I disagree with your last sentence, he was by far the worst player on the pitch from where I was sitting!

Out of interest, what is a racial gesture?

A player who has mostly been associated with relegation during his career. There's probably a good reason for that, and we shouldn't have signed him. Just hope his form with relegation doesn't continue.

He's 22.

On that subject - would we be more lenient with Redmond if he were an academy product?