Middlesbrough Home Build Up

SaintMark211

I know we have Hapoel Beer'Sheva on Thursday, however being a Southampton fan living in Middlesbrough, I thought I'd start off this thread early!!

Personally, I'd love to absolutely smash these due to the constant abuse I get from the Middlesbrough fans up here... stating that they'll finish above us and beat us in both home and away games... as well as they will finish in the top 6 this season (HAHA).

I'm hoping that Thursday will bring us progress in the Europa and the confidence will be oozing... I think this could be a relatively comfortable afternoon against a Boro team who play right into our hands with a 4-5-1 formation. Lets just hope Gaston doesn't come back to haunt us.

Score Prediction - 2-0 Saints

Adama Traore looks a hell of a talent for them.

He is fast, very fast and causes many problems for defenders. VVD should take him and Fonte take Negredo.

They were doing really poorly until he came into the team and they have picked up a little bit since.

They'll be scrapping to survive come May so I think they'll come looking for a draw.

We will NOT be down there (contrary to many on here's popular belief...) and I think that we will get a win :-)

How the **** did we manage to lose to Hull, seriously. Worst result we've had for many a year.

Happens every year- we lose to a relegated team.

Wigan and QPR both at home in 2012/13

Cardiff at home, Norwich away in 2013/14

Burnley away in 2014/15

Norwich away plus a dismal draw at home do Villa in 2015/16

But agreed- Hull game feels far worse than Prague, because we knew we had a game in hand still to reach the knockout stages.

Hull was awful on all accounts, just looked like we trying to coast it at 1-0

Hull was awful on all accounts, just looked like we trying to coast it at 1-0

Just weird, we absolutely slaughtered them for all but 15 minutes and they scored twice during 5 of those - the other 10 was the only period where we weren't comfortably on top. "Coasting it" we weren't, we just had awful luck with our efforts on goal.

I know we have Hapoel Beer'Sheva on Thursday, however being a Southampton fan living in Middlesbrough, I thought I'd start off this thread early!!

Personally, I'd love to absolutely smash these due to the constant abuse I get from the Middlesbrough fans up here... stating that they'll finish above us and beat us in both home and away games... as well as they will finish in the top 6 this season (HAHA).

I'm hoping that Thursday will bring us progress in the Europa and the confidence will be oozing... I think this could be a relatively comfortable afternoon against a Boro team who play right into our hands with a 4-5-1 formation. Lets just hope Gaston doesn't come back to haunt us.

Score Prediction - 2-0 Saints

Sorry to hear you live in the boro

Sorry to hear you live in the boro

I know, it is dreadful... but you cannot help where you were born and raised can you? HAHA

Just a shame I have to put up with the ridiculous 'we are better than you' jibes.. even when they were in the championship.

They'll Never be better than us as long as I have a hole in my a**e :)

After watching the Middlesbrough game last night, there is currently nothing that I fear about playing them.

It was one of the worst games of football I've seen for a long time

It was very one sided but I liked the way Boro were set up and moved the ball around whilst finding pockets of space all over the pitch. If we let them settle they might skin us so we need a fast start à l' Everton. Gaston played a blinder against a team we found hard to break down in the final third and scored a peach at the end. He had superb game reading abilities so one wonders why he didn't settle here. Will probably turn out to be a dour affair in the end and it's pretty even steven's on the outcome.

The way we have been messing about of late plus the hangover from tomorrow night will probably see us lose 0-1.

Didnt they sign some player called Gaston, meant to be a cracking play, the next big thing I heard. I hope Puel has taken note and puts at least two players on him!

Rubbished on this site, doing well since he joined them, so he'll relish scoring against us.

Boro defend well, they're coached well and organised. We'll have to do a hell of a lot more than we did tonight to get anywhere. They'll have our number from the first minute if we play that slow again. Which we probably will.

Not up for this game at all.

Literally have no idea what the team will be for this.

-------------Forster-----------

Martina Fonte Virgil Bertrand

------------Romeu-----------

---------Clasie---JWP--------

McQueen-----------------Tadic

-------------Long-------------

I'm assuming Boufal & Austin are still sidelined.

What happend to Austin by the way? Broken arm/shoulder? Assuming that's him out for a lengthy period.

Not that it matters who we have up front if we continue to play like crabs.

Jenas on BT sport said it happened to him (Austin) before at QPR where he'd dislocate his shoulder and could pop it back in during half time.

Think he had surgery on it some time ago too.

The way I'm feeling at the moment I would rather stay at home and pluck each individual hair out of my arse crack than go and watch the dull, insipid rubbish currently being played at St Mary's. Really can't call this one, on paper I'd say home win, but we look completely devoid of attacking threat and Boro can defend very well at times, we need to win this so very badly, but I wouldn't be surprised if Boro manage a result, and I f things don't go our way I expect the atmosphere to get quite nasty.

Who gives a **** anymore.

Sums up exactly how I'm feeling at the moment. Really can't be arsed after spending thousands at all the europa games and not seeing a goal, hundreds up at Hull to see us turned over by the worst side in the league and then the Palace farce last week. Got to come down from London for the home games and seriously considering saving the money. So ****ed off.