Sam McQueen signs new 4 and a half year deal

Wimborne_saint

Does it take a lot of practice or does 'Bellendery' come naturally to you?

To be fair, his is only saying what the rest of the league are already thinking.

Im already being trolled about Sims at work, people saying we will sell him by next season, and did you know, not for one sec did i try and dissagree with them cause i know its more than likely to be true :D

Does it take a lot of practice or does 'Bellendery' come naturally to you?

Stop quoting the c-u-n-t I've finally put Glasgow/Bournemouth/Heisenp-r-i-c-k on ignore only for his drivel to keep popping up as well. Dalek's gone too as has the obese one in the home of the Von Trapp's

Btw is this the same Sam McQueen who is going in a £30m deal to Liverpoool with VVD?

Edited by Winnersaint

Sam and the club are in the 14th year of a relationship. Surely that counts for something. Football is not all about contracts. Sam has given a large part of his life to the Saints and he was close to giving up on his dream. He has been dealt a wonderful hand last minute and is very grateful. Thanks for those that are happy for him. For those that can't seem to wait to be sarcastic or cynical I hope your life demonstrates the loyalty and determination you seem to demand of others. Go out and do something good. You'll feel better for it. COYR

Stop quoting the c-u-n-t I've finally put Glasgow/Bournemouth/Heisenp-r-i-c-k on ignore only for his drivel to keep popping up as well. Dalek's gone too as has the obese one in the home of the Von Trapp's

Btw is this the same Sam McQueen who is going in a £30m deal to Liverpoool with VVD?

Does this not count as trolling?, if you dont like his opinion / comments then just ignore it, no need to put disgusting words on the forum, you just make your self look like a fool

I am really please for Sam especially as he went to the same school as my sons.

Have never been that impressed with him before this season - rated him an OK player (shows what I know) - and thought he would probably find his level in the lower leagues after his, not outstanding, spell with Southend last season.

However he has fitted in extremely well at an unfamiliar position.

Effectively we have three left backs so it will be interesting what position the club see Sam developing into.

Also development of the clubs senior 'juniors' such as Sims, Hesketh, Gape, Gallagher, Mc Carthy, Isgrove, Lewis , Seagar (when fit) will also be interesting.

Excellent news. Well done to the lad for kicking on and putting in some brilliant performances. It can't have been easy being thrown in to the team in a different position to the one he spent most of his youth career in but he has adapted superbly and taken his chance.

Hopefully SIMS is next.

yeah, but is that the goal now?

One good game and you get rewarded with professional contract.

It goes back to what Sol Campbell once said about how nowadays people get into England team after 3 good games, but around then you had to show consistent form for about 15 months to get a sniff of a cap. Then I think he spoke about racism or something.

By all means let him replicate his talent further, think the bar for a new contract should be set higher than one good game.

Does this not count as trolling?, if you dont like his opinion / comments then just ignore it, no need to put disgusting words on the forum, you just make your self look like a fool

Nah not trolling! Just fed up with this place being taken over by wnakers. It's not like i haven't tried to ignore him that's what the ignore list is for you know. Ignore - to refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

Sam and the club are in the 14th year of a relationship. Surely that counts for something. Football is not all about contracts. Sam has given a large part of his life to the Saints and he was close to giving up on his dream. He has been dealt a wonderful hand last minute and is very grateful. Thanks for those that are happy for him. For those that can't seem to wait to be sarcastic or cynical I hope your life demonstrates the loyalty and determination you seem to demand of others. Go out and do something good. You'll feel better for it. COYR

Well I'm interested if nobody else is, was it a case of not thinking he was gonna make it or something else? Absolutely delighted he's stepped up so well.

Cheers

Pleased with this, Sam looks strong, mature and confident, and the best bit about him is he can play anywhere on the left. With Targett and Bertrand, we have an exceptional trio of left back choices, to the point that even if one of them leave in the summer, it doesn't weaken us substantially.

This

Congrats to Sam - sounds like you are related and, if you are, without knowing Sam he comes across as a credit to his family, Saints and himself. Sometimes in life, things taste so much sweeter when they are unexpected or when you think they are never going to happen.

Full credit to everyone and looking forward to seeing Sam continue his progress at a club where he will be well looked after. He must be pinching himself to gave made his full debut at the San Siro!

He's been a joy to watch so far this season. Long may it continue. Congratulations to him

To be fair, his is only saying what the rest of the league are already thinking.

Im already being trolled about Sims at work, people saying we will sell him by next season, and did you know, not for one sec did i try and dissagree with them cause i know its more than likely to be true :D

You deserved to get stick for being a feeble pathetic plank.

Fans that cannot even enjoy good news are to be pitied. Or better still just fck off

Ditto - heard about this ignore thing and never saw the option then recently stumbled on it in Tapatalk. The obvious candidate was this pathetic fck

Great news, always good to see a fringe Saints player when presented with a chance grab it with both hands stuff it up his jumper and RUN!!

Good to see the club recognising and nailing down talent like this.

After the Arsenal game my mates Arsenal mad wife, asked "who is that number 38 of yours?....... he was probably the best players on the whole pitch all night".

Relieved that he has been tied down. It looked like he would be out on loan and probably released but fair play to Puel he tried him at left back and he looks a natural there. I personally rate him between Targett and Bertrand, second choice.

He really has deserved that contract and I'm delighted to see another of our bright young talents come through so very well..

Claude clearly trusts our academy lads when RonKo clearly did not - I think Claude is the much more correct out of the 2 of them...

Cheers guys. I will pass on your congrats. His mum and me are still pinching ourselves as everything has happened so fast. We always believed he had the abilility and everyone at the academy always said so. We just weren't sure how he would respond mentally to the challenge. He has surprised us with his composure and authority on the pitch even in front of 50,000+ mostly opposing fans such as in the Ethiad and Emirates. Believe me the academy staff from kit guys, kitchen staff, media trainers, coaches, physics (especially the physios) are so positive and eager for the lads coming through to do well. It's not a lie when they talk of the family atmosphere among the local staff. The years with Ronald just lost something of that. It's a tough business I'm sure but caring for people goes a long way in any business. Dog eat dog may succeed but I wouldn't want to work in that sort of atmosphere. Southampton FC has something special about it for now. Thanks again for the compliments.

Fans that cannot even enjoy good news are to be pitied. Or better still just fck off

I was not getting stick, have you even read the thread or you are just trolling surely, and stating fact is being a pathetic plank? .

He signed a new contract so he is going to be here for 4 and a half more years? like you think that is likely to happen right? you know, just like every one else on this forum knows that a contract in football is just a way for him to not go play for a different club and so the club can sell them in the future eg before 3 years so he has some value?, why would i be happy about that?.

Why is some one of no concern to me ( apart from playing for the Club i support ! ) signing a contract good news? am i happy for the lad? of course!!!!, does it mean he will be here for 4 and a half years? no it does not, so what do i have to be happy about? does the club have an agreement in place that stops him ever being sold? nope, its just there so he cant just randomly pack his bags and go play for Liverpool, i support the club not the players, i already expect the club to sell him for millons so they can invest it back into the club, i would call that being realistic, not pathetic like you seem to think, while he wears a saints top i will support him, but my support is for the club not him, just like any player that puts on the jersey will get my support but, that support is only for them while they are at Saints.

so why dont you take your horrid words ( you know ppl only swear cause they are to slow thinking and have an iq close to homer Simpson. ) and put them up your backside.

Any way, My comment is as histroy proves, 100 % correct, if you dont like it, dont read it, but one day you will need to face up to reality, go play football manager, cause obviously realism is not for u Sir. Good night.

Ohh just for the record, i have been to alot of games that Sam has played out side of the first team ( Saints first team ) ive been and watched him play for the youth team as well as attended Southend games ( At home at roots hall ) where he was out on loan, i have watched him grow into the player he is and he has a great future ahead of him, am i happy for him, yes delighted, but im also realistic in that if Gunner's / Liverpool or any one else waved huge lumps of cash in his face he will, just like 99.9 % of footballers take it, and i know the club would take any decent offer for him too!. im sorry that this dont upset me as i know its the clubs model, im truely madly deeply sorry that it upsets you so much that you feel the need to insult some one to cover your pain of hearing the truth

It's news like this that keep me interested in Saints and football. Without this connection with developing our own players I find the whole thing a joke ruined by money.

Congrats to Sam and family. Thoroughly deserved.

Against Everton when Sims came off and Sam came on the singing from the crowd underlined that that is a widespread feeling.

I was not getting stick, have you even read the thread or you are just trolling surely, and stating fact is being a pathetic plank? .

He signed a new contract so he is going to be here for 4 and a half more years? like you think that is likely to happen right? you know, just like every one else on this forum knows that a contract in football is just a way for him to not go play for a different club and so the club can sell them in the future eg before 3 years so he has some value?, why would i be happy about that?.

Why is some one of no concern to me ( apart from playing for the Club i support ! ) signing a contract good news? am i happy for the lad? of course!!!!, does it mean he will be here for 4 and a half years? no it does not, so what do i have to be happy about? does the club have an agreement in place that stops him ever being sold? nope, its just there so he cant just randomly pack his bags and go play for Liverpool, i support the club not the players, i already expect the club to sell him for millons so they can invest it back into the club, i would call that being realistic, not pathetic like you seem to think, while he wears a saints top i will support him, but my support is for the club not him, just like any player that puts on the jersey will get my support but, that support is only for them while they are at Saints.

so why dont you take your horrid words ( you know ppl only swear cause they are to slow thinking and have an iq close to homer Simpson. ) and put them up your backside.

Any way, My comment is as histroy proves, 100 % correct, if you dont like it, dont read it, but one day you will need to face up to reality, go play football manager, cause obviously realism is not for u Sir. Good night.

Homer's damn clever, you know?

I believe SMcQ (who, I admit I thought too 'pondersome' and one-footed, having watched him a lot for the U21s and so on and so unlikely to make it at this level) is actually a proper Saints fan so he might be a bit harder to shift than most. I do also like his interviews: he doesn't speak like a PR plant and he is reasonably eloquent. I am also happy to say having seen him play in the flesh now that for the most part he's doing well. I'd still like to see him take people on a bit more. It does beg the question how would many of the others fare given that a lot of them seem to actually take to playing at 1st team level very well and better than seems to be the case when playing for the U23s. Maybe it's because the game's so much faster so they don't have to think about it so much.