RIP Greg Lake

sadoldgit

First live gig I saw was ELP in 1972 at Bournemouth Winter Gardens during Trilogy Tour. Emerson (RIP) wrestling with his Moog and Carl Palmer giving it beans on Drums, Greg Lake almost seemed out of place along with these forces of nature. ELP might not have been everyone's cup of tea, but as a 14/15 year old growing up in the 1970's they were just the best. It was only in retrospect that you realise quite how good they were as individual musicians. RIP Greg Lake. Another part of my youth goes. Sad!

I was a big Prog rock fan back in the 70s. King Crimson, ELP, Yes and the Peter Gabriel era Genesis produced so much astonishing music. ELP were amazing musicians and incredible live. So sad that both Keith Emerson and Greg Lake have passed away this year but fitting that they have gone with so many other amazing talents. 2016 has seen so many leave us but these guys were strutting their stuff in the 60s and 70s more will follow as time goes on. What a legacy they leave behind though!