Puel out

Lastman73

This isn't puel's fault. Its Les Reed.

Sells Mane, buys redmond. Sells Pele, buys no one.

another £25m profit last summer, countless millions in the bank from the last 3 years of "record" revenues and having the 6th lowest wages in the league.

He took all the credit for Koeman doing a good job, shoved him out the door as soon as it was obvious he could get paid for it... but had no plan in place. Missed key managerial targets so we got Puel (if he really was first choice then that is a worrying failure of the scouting department). And he simply hasn't reinvested enough or wisely enough to stand still, let alone strengthen the squad.

We've been poor in a lot of areas if we're honest. Been downwards since poch and cortese left and I think we were riding a bit of a wave and got lucky with Koeman. He gave us Mane, pelle, tadic,a VVD and Toby, a very solid spine. Was a good appointment all in all but we were lucky with how well it turned out and outside of that the club has been very average.

Les Reed wanted all the credit during those boom years. This fault is all on him. Bad management of the backroom and coaching staff, failed recruitment and under investment is telling now.

Surely post of the week. Says it all. We now need to concentrate on one thing. Making sure we stay in the PL.

As has been stated many times from the executive team, the club has to be self funding. When Cortese left the club, there was significant debt, which Katrina, restructured against her own estate. That has to be paid back - Which we probably have or are close to by now.

The budgets will come from Ralph & Rodgers. Les will work within those budgets.

I don't quite get the part where you say, Katrina restructured against her own estate. Its her frigging business and like my own business I would add my own private funds if need be. All she has done is add funds from other assets to probably her now most profitable one. Yes we all would like self funding assets, the self funding part means from us of course, we pay £45 for shirts, £30 for shorts, high s/t charges and watch our quality players sold. It is no charitable contribution by the loan, it is keeping her very profitable asset going.

I understand it is hers and she can do as she likes, but it seems to me that some want to make it seem she is doing something special by restructuring when it is just protecting the very good asset.

Puel's tactics last night were negative and shocking.

Lets hope he's intelligent enough to learn from it.

But his tactics were also negative & shocking against palace how many games does he need to "learn from it" ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You can get 25/1 on Puel being the next manager sacked -

That for me sums us up just now. Kat has zero interest, Reed is too stubborn (don’t believe your hype) and the club would see it as too much money to spend (compensation). So we will be stuck with this clown for the season (minimum) and Reed will quote his "breed success not buy it" crap as VVD is sold to Liverpool or Man United

These should be glory times for our club, but we have Les "bonus" Reed motivated by player sales, a boring clown manager and an owner that doesn’t have a single ounce of interest in us (other than £)

As a club we missed an open goal this summer

0.2 On a day like today you should be cleaning up with beautifully crafted wind-up posts. This scattergun say anything routine is lazy at best. Have a word with yourself.

He is starting to believe his own hype, he's taking things on but then he keeps making the wrong decisions time and time again. This is what happens when you let you best forum wums go and replace them with average also rans. It's not his fault though he's always been ****, think back to his Glasgow days he was **** then, it's Saintweb fault for raising expectations and making people believe he was the next Dalek. Still Saintsweb don't care once they have our fivers, it's all about the bank balance for them.

You can get 25/1 on Puel being the next manager sacked -

That for me sums us up just now. Kat has zero interest, Reed is too stubborn (don’t believe your hype) and the club would see it as too much money to spend (compensation). So we will be stuck with this clown for the season (minimum) and Reed will quote his "breed success not buy it" crap as VVD is sold to Liverpool or Man United

These should be glory times for our club, but we have Les "bonus" Reed motivated by player sales, a boring clown manager and an owner that doesn’t have a single ounce of interest in us (other than £)

As a club we missed an open goal this summer

Absolutely bang on, I think it's hilarious that Heisenberg gets ridiculed by by a few when his posts are not always right but close to the mark and what a vast percentage of saints fans are feeling

I don't quite get the part where you say, Katrina restructured against her own estate. Its her frigging business and like my own business I would add my own private funds if need be. All she has done is add funds from other assets to probably her now most profitable one. Yes we all would like self funding assets, the self funding part means from us of course, we pay £45 for shirts, £30 for shorts, high s/t charges and watch our quality players sold. It is no charitable contribution by the loan, it is keeping her very profitable asset going.

I understand it is hers and she can do as she likes, but it seems to me that some want to make it seem she is doing something special by restructuring when it is just protecting the very good asset.

Nobody would add their own private money to a business unless A. They were completely minted or B. Completely mad !

If your business needs extra funds you get a business loan and pay it off in a structured business viable way. That way if you struggle and can't pay it off you fold the business and walk away clean (as long as you are Ltd).

To risk your own nest egg be it the house or bank balance is insane !

Kat can afford to poor millions in, I doubt you can !if you can, why not buy her out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But his tactics were also negative & shocking against palace how many games does he need to "learn from it" ?

You have to wonder if Puel has lost the dressing room. The players won't admit it publically, but the last two performances perhaps speak louder than words.

You have to wonder if Puel has lost the dressing room. The players won't admit it publically, but the last two performances perhaps speak louder than words.

I guess we will truly see wether the players want to fight for their manager Sunday, anything less than a win simply isn't good enough.

I thought it a strange appointment from the start, someone with limited English (has got slightly better) who would need to rely on Eric black for most of the interpretation & ideas to get across to the players.

90% of the players had probably never heard of Claude puel (same with poch i know) & never worked under a french manager, without being rude to the French they aren't known for a hands on charismatic approach more a laid back what will be will be attitude they look to blame others when things aren't going well , just look at wvenger.

To put it simply I don't think any player is excited to play for puel And I think the majority think he isn't the long term solution to our problems, I would imagine they aren't over the moon about how he approaches games with such a negative mindset ie play for a draw and anything else is a bonus

I was wondering this a little having heard Tadic on Solent post match, then reading Maya and Virgil comments yesterday. 3 experienced players seemed to express a veiled unhappyness at the way our stall was set out on Thursday.

I've said it on another thread but he's turned a fairly free scoring, strong team into an uncertain, predictable one that couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo - redmond and austin might not be like for like replacements but they're close. Those of us who criticise might get accused of being bedwetters but the best perspective is often from afar. We don't know what is said on the training ground, we don't know how players feel about tactics etc so we really can only judge by what we see and it's undeniable that we are a far inferior version of the team we watched last season. The most significant change that took place over the summer was Puel becoming our manager - he has changed the way we play and the outcome of that is what we are subjected to each weekend. On top of that we haven't invested sufficiently to maintain our place as a top ten side and it's clear we don't have the required depth in the academy to be able to rely on them to be anymore than useful squad players.

A new owner with some sort of ambition and a new manager would be very welcome this christmas.

I've said it on another thread but he's turned a fairly free scoring, strong team into an uncertain, predictable one that couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo - redmond and austin might not be like for like replacements but they're close. Those of us who criticise might get accused of being bedwetters but the best perspective is often from afar. We don't know what is said on the training ground, we don't know how players feel about tactics etc so we really can only judge by what we see and it's undeniable that we are a far inferior version of the team we watched last season. The most significant change that took place over the summer was Puel becoming our manager - he has changed the way we play and the outcome of that is what we are subjected to each weekend. On top of that we haven't invested sufficiently to maintain our place as a top ten side and it's clear we don't have the required depth in the academy to be able to rely on them to be anymore than useful squad players.

A new owner with some sort of ambition and a new manager would be very welcome this christmas.

You might just that xmas wish! Puel should be given sufficient funds in January to invest & prove he can turn it around, but it's looking more & more like he isn't a good fit for us. I think the rumours about kat thinking about selling are true i think she's simply lost interest in the football side of the business

Some posts on here are an absolute joke, it was a terrible performance but Puel has been trying to get us playing exciting football and it has worked numerous times. Finishing and decision making in the final third let us down, the same decision making that makes us boring. Nothing about tactics, it's about players not making runs or picking the wrong pass. Have faith. The academy is producing players and we're finally putting them into the team. We will get there.

Some posts on here are an absolute joke, it was a terrible performance but Puel has been trying to get us playing exciting football and it has worked numerous times. Finishing and decision making in the final third let us down, the same decision making that makes us boring. Nothing about tactics, it's about players not making runs or picking the wrong pass. Have faith. The academy is producing players and we're finally putting them into the team. We will get there.

Yep worked numerous times, being 3rd lowest scorers in league, did I read that right Puel trying to play exiting football!!! If the runs are not being made then you have to look at the coaching, a main tribute Claude was bought in for, if we do not have the personel to play this then Claude like good coaches need to change to what fits 1st 11 best, he done himself no favours my the ridiculous comments regarding redmond and Henry and every man an dog can see NR needs to be removed from team, if we are playing in essence 2 wide guys then it needs to be Dusan and Boufal, I'll echo my thoughts like a similar post ' I don't think the players are with him,

Midweek games affect Puels chances at working on tactics ? You're having a laugh surely?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Not at all. I've heard both Stewart Robson & Tony Cascarino, two pundits who are pretty decent imo, both say that Chelsea's form with a new manger is partly down to the fact Conte works day in day out with the team as there is no midweek games. Robson actually contrasted this with Pep's struggles to get City to adopt his tactics which he said was in part to their midweek commitments. It made sense to me.

I agree some of the criticism is over the top, but the tactics WERE badly wrong in this game. We needed to play at a higher tempo in the first half, press Beer Sheva and push for the first goal,which would have put us in a stronger position for rest of match. Instead, we sat off them for much of first half, let them settle into the game and created virtually nothing. The lack of pressing was clearly a tactic so Puel has to take the blame for this one. Beer Sheva are not Barcelona, we ought to be good enough to back ourselves to play positively and beat them rather than cautiously settling for 0-0, and leaving ourselves open to losing out through 1 mistake late in the game. Tadic's comments pretty much said approach was wrong in 1st half.

I think Puel had a good start as manager and agree it's good to see him backing the likes of Sims and McQueen but we do seem to have lost our way in recent weeks going forward. We have only scored 3 times in last 6 games in league so we are not just talking about a one off bad game. Part of the problem is a drop in quality of our attacking options since last season (not Puel's fault) but I think we need to vary our tactics more to get the best out of the players we do have. Need to be more positive and get more pace in our passing. Hopefully Tadic coming back will help.

Nobody would add their own private money to a business unless A. They were completely minted or B. Completely mad !

If your business needs extra funds you get a business loan and pay it off in a structured business viable way. That way if you struggle and can't pay it off you fold the business and walk away clean (as long as you are Ltd).

To risk your own nest egg be it the house or bank balance is insane !

Kat can afford to poor millions in, I doubt you can !if you can, why not buy her out ?

If you have an asset that has cost 30m and is worth 2-300m putting some more money in as a loan to the business is not a disaster.

As for my own personal situation, Im Ok thanks, not inherited millions but very fine all the same

I completely agree with this. The players seem to have been given a free pass and the manager getting all the stick with certain posters.

I agree some of the criticism is over the top, but the tactics WERE badly wrong in this game. We needed to play at a higher tempo in the first half, press Beer Sheva and push for the first goal,which would have put us in a stronger position for rest of match. Instead, we sat off them for much of first half, let them settle into the game and created virtually nothing. The lack of pressing was clearly a tactic so Puel has to take the blame for this one. Beer Sheva are not Barcelona, we ought to be good enough to back ourselves to play positively and beat them rather than cautiously settling for 0-0, and leaving ourselves open to losing out through 1 mistake late in the game. Tadic's comments pretty much said approach was wrong in 1st half.

I think Puel had a good start as manager and agree it's good to see him backing the likes of Sims and McQueen but we do seem to have lost our way in recent weeks going forward. We have only scored 3 times in last 6 games in league so we are not just talking about a one off bad game. Part of the problem is a drop in quality of our attacking options since last season (not Puel's fault) but I think we need to vary our tactics more to get the best out of the players we do have. Need to be more positive and get more pace in our passing. Hopefully Tadic coming back will help.

I think the tactics were correct you are only saying they were wrong after the game where hindsight is wonderful

The most important thing was not letting them score which seemed highly likely to me until the we conceded out of the blue .

The point of the game was to proceed to the knock out stages conserve energy for the game on Sunday not put on a show of attacking football especially as we have not been scoring much recently

Always amazes me how many Saintsweb posters are personal friends of Katerina Liebherr and know at first hand her feelings and interest levels regarding Southampton FC....

I don't know about personal friends but many seem to worship her like she's some infallible goddess almost on a par with the all powerful god Les Reed. in the past, we used to just support the players and managers and have no interest in who was on the board. I could reel of the Saints' teams and managers of the 60, 70s, 80s etc but can't even remember who was on the board of directors. Rupert Lowe was the first 'celebrity' director/owner I can recall. Nowadays, some fans seem more interested in them than the team.

Adam Blackmore just tweeted the following:

One win in ten for Everton (with no Euro footy to deal with ). Could argue they are doing worse with Koeman than #saintsfc are without him..

He has a point.

one win in ten is bad agreed...... yet they are still above us, shows just how bad we are!

I think the tactics were correct you are only saying they were wrong after the game where hindsight is wonderful

The most important thing was not letting them score which seemed highly likely to me until the we conceded out of the blue .

The point of the game was to proceed to the knock out stages conserve energy for the game on Sunday not put on a show of attacking football especially as we have not been scoring much recently

Disagree completely. I thought from the start that it would be the wrong tactic if we played not to concede rather than going for the win, so not hindsight. The point of the game was to get through, full stop! The way we went about it failed to achieve that. If we now aren't confident enough to attack the mighty Beer Sheva at home, it's not a great sign of things to come. Our tactics in this game put ourselves in the position where 1 mistake late in the game would see us go out and so it proved.

Or shows that by and large we've made a pretty good fist of things considering we were in the Europa league...

That's all good & well but weren't we supposed to be sacrificing a so so league position for a good run in Europe, We were told by the club that puel came with lots of European experience & sucess & his rotational policies would get us that good run in European competition yet it failed... & Failed miserably we served up some dire football, Now we are both rubbish in the league & out of Europe

Along with losing Mane and Pele.

If you have an asset that has cost 30m and is worth 2-300m putting some more money in as a loan to the business is not a disaster.

As for my own personal situation, Im Ok thanks, not inherited millions but very fine all the same

Lol, didn't mean you as an individual, just "you" as a generic term!

Let's cut out the "Puel is negative" bollocks, and cut to the chase.

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget

We need a quality striker who knows where the back of the net is.

Before you pat yourself on the back, just to remind you -as countless others have pointed out- that stat isnt particularly interesting or useful i.e. it says nothing about the type of shot/where and under how much pressure it was taken etc. You might want to read those posts before recycling a bland and rather uninteresting point.

Edited by shurlock

Before you pat yourself on the back, just to remind you -as countless others have pointed out- that stat isnt particularly interesting or useful i.e. it says nothing about the type of shot/where and under how much pressure it was taken etc. You might want to read those posts before recycling a bland and rather uninteresting point.

We need a quality striker who knows where the back of the net is.

The guy uninspires me, we needed to go for their throats on Thursday but instead played a timid defensive style. They gained confidence as the game went on and we got suckered, you could feel it coming.

We all know that we lack fire power but still, Puel sent that team out to get a 0-0 and it backfired. Far too negative - especially considering that we were in a group with 3 mediocre teams. We ****ed the Europa up the wall and that grates.

I don't think he picks and chooses his games well, some matches you can play percentage football, put up a wall and hope to get a point or nick 3 but Thursday was not one of them. 'Just enough' turned out to be not enough.

I also disagree that we have a team that is where it should be, no - we are underperforming because we are playing dull defensive football. Pack the mid with defensive players and guess what, no one runs into the box, players like Redmond lose outlets and goals stop. Puel has forgotten that you need to score goals.

If he walked I wouldn't be bothered.

The guy uninspires me, we needed to go for their throats on Thursday but instead played a timid defensive style. They gained confidence as the game went on and we got suckered, you could feel it coming.

We all know that we lack fire power but still, Puel sent that team out to get a 0-0 and it backfired. Far too negative - especially considering that we were in a group with 3 mediocre teams. We ****ed the Europa up the wall and that grates.

I don't think he picks and chooses his games well, some matches you can play percentage football, put up a wall and hope to get a point or nick 3 but Thursday was not one of them. 'Just enough' turned out to be not enough.

I also disagree that we have a team that is where it should be, no - we are underperforming because we are playing dull defensive football. Pack the mid with defensive players and guess what, no one runs into the box, players like Redmond lose outlets and goals stop. Puel has forgotten that you need to score goals.

If he walked I wouldn't be bothered.

He has some qualities obviously he wouldn't have got this far in his career if he didn't but I feel he's not the right match for saints, our players have always been instilled with the ethos to play attacking football together with forward thinking passing now they are being asked to play in a style that entirely contradicts everything saints stood for... It's no wonder it's not going to plan!

I was wondering this a little having heard Tadic on Solent post match, then reading Maya and Virgil comments yesterday. 3 experienced players seemed to express a veiled unhappyness at the way our stall was set out on Thursday.

I noticed this as well. Reading VVDs comments post match between the lines he kind of suggests the manager set up for a 0-0. I feel all is not right in the dressing room unfortunately