Be-er Sheva supporters in Itchen

9-3

UEFA regulations is to give the away team tickets in the away end and a corporate allocation. Normally those tickets are reserved for players family's and club officials mind. Sparta and Inter both had the same block.

UEFA regulations is to give the away team tickets in the away end and a corporate allocation. Normally those tickets are reserved for players family's and club officials mind. Sparta and Inter both had the same block.

This. You could tell as there was a whole line of stewards next to them for the whole game

They were not far behind where I was sitting. Sure they were happy when their team scored, but they didn't cause any trouble or abuse any Saints fans, yet some of our folk couldn't handle it and were shouting things like "fxxxing disgrace" etc. I remember before segregation of fans we all used to get on fine for most games (apart from Millwall!).

They were not far behind where I was sitting. Sure they were happy when their team scored, but they didn't cause any trouble or abuse any Saints fans, yet some of our folk couldn't handle it and were shouting things like "fxxxing disgrace" etc. I remember before segregation of fans we all used to get on fine for most games (apart from Millwall!).

Foxy

Good post

I was sat in the Itchen and presume the area allocated to the away fans was something to do with UEFA rules as there were a smaller number of Inter fans in this section in the previous game but only 'supervised' by a few 'wet behind the ears' stewards.

Both the Israeli and Italian fans were well behaved but celebrated when their team scored.

The response to this from a few Saints fans in the vicinity was embarrassing and a tad laughable.

There were a few that shouted and gesticulated at the Inter fans when they went 1-0 up but the response on going a goal down on Thursday was much more intense

One chap, basically wild eyed and almost foaming at the mouth, pushed passed about 30-40 home supporters in his row and made his way along to the away area before being apprehended by stewards and ushered away.

There were probably half a dozen more supporters who seemed intent at getting at the away supporters in the Itchen.

In amongst the rant aimed at the visiting fans, there were some choice words directed at the home supporters who 'were sat on their arses doing nothing' which I am please to say covered the vast majority of us.

Hands up, I was mightily cheesed at being 1-0 down but my disgust was at our teams performance not the away fans celebration.

Our fans are generally a very decent and tolerant crowd but there were one or two who let themselves and the club down on Thursday night

ManUre had some bears back in those days...

Me and all the people around me couldn't book our normal season ticket seats because we are in that bit of the ground which was given over to "UEFA" - it was a real pain trying to gets seats for all my mates together and much worse seats. Full of away fans for all three games - but only the last lot had much to cheer about.

What I dont get was there were a very small group of Saints fans who had Palestinian flags. They were told not to use them. They didnt until people realised there were Sheeva fans in the Itchen who when they scored acted belligerently and were waving Israeli flags. The Palestinian lot were slowly evicted whilst the Sheeva fans were allowed to wave their flags. It was almost like Mossad were running the show not SFC !

There was a family behind me in the Kingsland... I had a nice chat with them at half time, explained to them that if they didn't cheer /shout etc no-one would mind too much.. they had all been over for a couple of days in London and came across really well... then when Beard Shaver scored they couldn't contain themselves... 5 minutes later the stewards had removed them from the ground...bit of a shame really.. but can understand, as probably for their own safety as a few people started getting a bit uppity...

What I dont get was there were a very small group of Saints fans who had Palestinian flags. They were told not to use them. They didnt until people realised there were Sheeva fans in the Itchen who when they scored acted belligerently and were waving Israeli flags. The Palestinian lot were slowly evicted whilst the Sheeva fans were allowed to wave their flags. It was almost like Mossad were running the show not SFC !

Hapoel Beer Sheva are an Israeli team. We are an English team. If we want to wave flags then wave English ones. You're a bit thick.

Hapoel Beer Sheva are an Israeli team. We are an English team. If we want to wave flags then wave English ones. You're a bit thick.

The Be'er Sheeva fans were initially told not to fly Israeli flags but the club mainly bottled it. A few Israeli flags were removed. I would suggest the nuances of this argument are far beyond your capabilities.

The Be'er Sheeva fans were initially told not to fly Israeli flags but the club mainly bottled it. A few Israeli flags were removed. I would suggest the nuances of this argument are far beyond your capabilities.

Why were they told not to wave Isreali flags, they are Isreali? Are Italian clubs not allowed to wave Italian flags? This is football, leave your extreme, fascist politics out of it.

Waving Palestinian flags at Isrealis (like the handful of crusty student types that have clearly never visited the region stood outside the Itchen before the game) is border line insightment of hatred IMO.

really? If people want to protest in a peaceful manner then they have a right to do it, I don't understand that last comment about "border line insightment (sic) hatred....", so what? Perhaps they hate the Israelis for what they believe has been done to the Palestinians?

Why were they told not to wave Isreali flags, they are Isreali? Are Italian clubs not allowed to wave Italian flags? This is football, leave your extreme, fascist politics out of it.

Waving Palestinian flags at Isrealis (like the handful of crusty student types that have clearly never visited the region stood outside the Itchen before the game) is border line insightment of hatred IMO.

Yep, cannot believe the club allowed this.

Thankfully it was only a very small number of people and the majority of saints fans (from what I saw) just ignored these idiots.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Have you just admitted that your lot brought Palestinian flags to the game with the sole purpose to insight Israeli fans (who could have been Muslim and almost certainly do not have any involvement in Israeli / Palestinian politics).

I wouldn't say they acted 'belligerently' at all. If it was the other way round, saints fans would have been the same, if not worse. In fact having been to all 3, the Israeli's were the friendliest I met.

Thankfully the awful performance meant that people played no attention to people like you.

agree completely mate, unfortunately for him this Manji chap seems to have confused attending a football match with a political demonstration.

There were loads of away fans in the home end when Saints visiting vitesse arnhem (me being one of them).

As long as there isn't any trouble, what's the issue?

I agree, but when I saw a solid block of a hundred of more of them from the other side of the stadium jumping around, waving flags and singing well after the goal had gone in I thought it was going to kick off.

They weren't corporate seats there, so why couldn't we have just allocated them some tickets next to the away end and moved the segregation?

There were loads of away fans in the home end when Saints visiting vitesse arnhem (me being one of them).

As long as there isn't any trouble, what's the issue?

Manji and his pals appear to believe that every Israeli is responsible for the political difficulties between Israel and Palestine.

HAHAHAHA bet they dont attack girls in Turkey.

How did the protest go pal? Still stood outside in the cold trying to antagonise innocent football fans? Must have been quite painful watching everyone walk past not giving a ****.

Out of courisoty, have you ever been to either Palestine or Israel?

Nothing wrong with peaceful protests and you don't have to go to a country to become involved in sticking up for the oppressed. Manji gives me a helluva hard time on this forum, I don't know why but at least he has a political conscience and is prepared to do something about it. No doubt you have a cosy comfortable life and good for you, but it's no crime to fight for, or protest on behalf, of those that are living a life you and I could never contemplate. Let him be.

How did the protest go pal? Still stood outside in the cold trying to antagonise innocent football fans? Must have been quite painful watching everyone walk past not giving a ****.

Out of courisoty, have you ever been to either Palestine or Israel?

I i9ntend to in the New Year. Lifetime Saints fan too.

Nothing wrong with peaceful protests and you don't have to go to a country to become involved in sticking up for the oppressed. Manji gives me a helluva hard time on this forum, I don't know why but at least he has a political conscience and is prepared to do something about it. No doubt you have a cosy comfortable life and good for you, but it's no crime to fight for, or protest on behalf, of those that are living a life you and I could never contemplate. Let him be.

I formally apologise about any untoward statements I have made towards you (it goes back to the Lowe era) we clearly have more in common than I thought.

Yea my views on Lowe (since slightly tempered - he meant well) earned me quite a few enemies.

As for Palestine I believe Israel is conducting an illegal form of apartheid and should be brought to task. I know the Palestinians are not 100% blameless and should accept Israel's right to exist but what has happened in Gaza is shocking.

I have met some great Jewish people (equally horrified what is going on in Gaza) so would not to condemn Israel in general but the politicians on the right have created a situation that is unacceptable and I admire those who protest.

Hope you have a good trip

Yea my views on Lowe (since slightly tempered - he meant well) earned me quite a few enemies.

As for Palestine I believe Israel is conducting an illegal form of apartheid and should be brought to task. I know the Palestinians are not 100% blameless and should accept Israel's right to exist but what has happened in Gaza is shocking.

I have met some great Jewish people (equally horrified what is going on in Gaza) so would not to condemn Israel in general but the politicians on the right have created a situation that is unacceptable and I admire those who protest.

Hope you have a good trip

You've missed mine and others points completely.

If you want to protest (in which, as long as it's peaceful, you are entitled to), do it at the embassy and aim it at people that can make a difference. Not at innocent football fans. IMO I feel that this protest had the potential to incite trouble and potentially upset.

To top that off, for Manji to laugh at them getting Besiktas (i'd imagine due to their and Turkish football fans reputation), shows his hatred to that nationality. Which IMO is unacceptable (would you wish injury or fear to a German football fan).

You've missed mine and others points completely.

If you want to protest (in which, as long as it's peaceful, you are entitled to), do it at the embassy and aim it at people that can make a difference. Not at innocent football fans. IMO I feel that this protest had the potential to incite trouble and potentially upset.

To top that off, for Manji to laugh at them getting Besiktas (i'd imagine due to their and Turkish football fans reputation), shows his hatred to that nationality. Which IMO is unacceptable (would you wish injury or fear to a German football fan).

Spot on fella. Personally I think that what the Israeli government is doing is disgraceful but having chatted to many there they're not widely supported.

And to target normal fans going to a game, people that might well agree with your cause one to one, is more about making something about you. It strikes me as posing and ego over real action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Protests court publicity that's a fact of life and will take place at public places. That includes sporting arenas. Apartheid in S Africa was defeated and sports boycotts played a significant part. I dare say the white S Africans didn't like their stadiums and sports men and woman being targeted but it had the desired effect. You lot are just being insular.

Protests court publicity that's a fact of life and will take place at public places. That includes sporting arenas. Apartheid in S Africa was defeated and sports boycotts played a significant part. I dare say the white S Africans didn't like their stadiums and sports men and woman being targeted but it had the desired effect. You lot are just being insular.

That was going to be my next point South Africans exclusion from sporting events played a major part in Apartheid's downfall.

It's all very noble trying to claim that the Palestinian flags were there as a political protest, but this post makes it very clear it was just straight up hooliganism.