Shane Long southampton song

Wimborne_saint

Football songs are all embarrassing on record, so that's not a problem. Doubt it'll catch on but it would sound better being sung by the fans, especially if we tweak some of the lyrics to have a go at Pompey or clap really fast.

Not the time to do it, though. If the players are expecting a confidence boost from us bellowing it out before Boro, they've got another thing coming.

Oh wow, the players actually thought we'd love it and would be singing it before every game...that's awkward.

They talk about clubs having their own anthem and it sounding amazing - how many are original songs? I can think of the Derby one (if they even do that anymore), other than that it's all unrelated songs.

I've asked the club if the cd will be available to buy in HMV on the build up to Christmas, would make a great stocking filler and the whole family can gather round to sing it in the afternoon.

Really looking forward to singing this as the players emerge from the tunnel today, when they see just how much the fans like it it could be the confidence boost they need to spur them on to victory. Coyr.

Dreadful, seems like a self inflicted humiliation.

I think I recognise the tune.

My Way - Frank Sinatra. I was expecting Long to begin with the original lyrics, which would have been more fitting after the last two performances:

" And now, the end is near

And so I face the final curtain.."

Perhaps a fans group - remember the MLT effort v Leeds at the Dell - should do a remake for Long & Co, for them to run out to:

What a miserable bunch of fans we have. The players have an idea to create an atmosphere that the fans have so far failed to provide and all we get is a Statler and Waldorf style response. They want to play in front of passionate fans. If they don't get it here, don't moan if they go somewhere else to find it.

Don't care when it was recorded, timing is wrong. If this was an attempt at cheering the fans up, judging by the comments on Facebook and here then it has failed.

Football clubs should always stay a million miles away from music - it's not a good thing.

Most of the comments I'm seeing are the same - stop ******ing about and get on with your jobs, no one is interested in anything other than seeing better performances.

What a miserable bunch of fans we have. The players have an idea to create an atmosphere that the fans have so far failed to provide and all we get is a Statler and Waldorf style response. They want to play in front of passionate fans. If they don't get it here, don't moan if they go somewhere else to find it.

It just the timing, how do you think the response would be if we hadn't lost to palace (who lost their previous 5or 6) and been knocked out of the Europa by a no Mark team from the Middle East?

Do you think it might be better received by supporters of Liverpool, Utd, or another club then ?

You seriously think Mane and Lallana and Lovren and Clyne and Pelle and Toby joined different clubs because the fans of those clubs might be more predisposed to the novelty songs sung by the team?

If Everton or Spurs or any other club with normal fans had done this their fans would be equally dismissive and quite rightly so.

It just the timing, how do you think the response would be if we hadn't lost to palace (who lost their previous 5or 6) and been knocked out of the Europa by a no Mark team from the Middle East?

Fair point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

After a few outings what are the opinions on this heap of ****?

Add in that our skipper who allegedly had the idea as the story goes seemingly cannot wait to leave.

Bin it IMO, it will never catch on because it is woeful and too American.

After a few outings what are the opinions on this heap of ****?

Add in that our skipper who allegedly had the idea as the story goes seemingly cannot wait to leave.

Bin it IMO, it will never catch on because it is woeful and too American.

It's still awful. I understand where they were coming from but it's too slow and cheesy. I preferred the simple 'The Saints are coming' which they used to play before kick off.