Loving This Picture

Gemmel

C0HOy60XAAAHh8m.jpg

SaintsNews&Views ‏@SaintsfcViews · Dec 20

Having singled out and dropped Manè on several occasions, this picture tells you all you need to know

Borrowed from Twitter

Mane says to Koeman, at least Southampton held us to a draw at St Mary's.

How has the cameraman managed to take the shot from below the level of the grass? Genuinely?

Obviously never been in away section at Goodison Park where front few rows of paddock are all below pitch level and view is awful, although you do get a good close up of players boots

Front row in Highbury was a shocking place to watch a game from.

The Dell was only sunk at the sides, which was normal practice for Leitch stands. Improved the sightlines for terraces, and enabled the ground staff to get at the drains! At some point before I started watching (may even have been in the thirties), the pitch at the Dell was lengthened, but the Milton and Archers were not reprofiled at the time. Which meant that standing at the back of a full Milton in the seventies you couldn't see much of the goal. This was fixed during Lawrie Macs time, when the Milton was rebuilt and the Archers sunk down. Meant that during the eighties the Milton terrace was an excellent place to watch football.

Think we might be going off topic here!

Would have a dig at Koeman, but understandable expression and body language considering the timing of the goal and the fact that his team showed great commitment in the first half.

only time I've seen the bloke smile.

Mane smiles quite a lot. Take it you haven't seen many interviews and off the pitch stuff with him in

Obviously never been in away section at Goodison Park where front few rows of paddock are all below pitch level and view is awful, although you do get a good close up of players boots

Couple of years back we were on the second row of that awful paddock section. Think it was the game where Nivea boy had a strop with Tw£ttenburg - although turned out Tw£ttenburg was right - he is a "right jumped up little ***t". Anyway, we were so low down we would actually lose sight of the ball on the other side of the pitch as the camber meant the ball actually dropped below our eyeline. Still, at least there was a good atmosphere from the home crowd [emoji848][emoji99]

Mane smiles quite a lot. Take it you haven't seen many interviews and off the pitch stuff with him in

I haven't seen any, I try to avoid interviews with footballers/managers. But I'll take your word for it, I'm surprised because he always seemed such a miserable git on the field, even when he got his record breaking hat-trick or inspired the Liverpool comeback.

Pitch is cambered as well.

The technical term is crowned.

If you are unfortunate enough to catch highlights from Nottarf Krap their crown is more like Everest running down the middle of the pitch. When St Mary's first opened one of the claims was that we had the only totally flat pitch in the country.

........ Hood down - Anorak off!! :uhoh:

Mate who is a Man U fan managed to get tickets at OT and ended up on the front row at the Stretford end he said he was glad him and his son were taller that 5'8" as his eyes were literally level with the pitch.