Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

Have man u actually finished paying us for Morgan? Im assuming it wasn't 25 million up front.

I am sure that even if it was all up front I would bet there is a sell on clause in there somewhere. If we were interested that would help with negotiations surely

Would I sign him back? YES.

Will we sign him back? NO.

It's just not what we do. Fair play to WBA though. Don't think they've sold anyone lately to fund this move? Guessing it's just the Chinese investment kicking in.

Edited by SuperSAINT

I would welcome him back in a heartbeat, he's just what we need, but there is no way he would consider a return....unless he is a Claude Puel fan which isn't beyond the realms of possibility I suppose. Would love it if he came home, but he won't.
I am trying to figure out how he is exactly what we need. Honest question.

I am trying to figure out how he is exactly what we need. Honest question.

because we rotate like never before and Romeu is indispensable because no one else is good enough.

Morgan can easily complement him or replace him. How long before Romeu is sold?

He will get you a couple of goals a season too

When on his game he's better than anything we have

Kind of like saying if you drive a Jaguar, you need to buy a Ferrari.

He's better than what we have but he wouldn't make enough difference to justify the huge cost in transfer and wages. What we really need is a goal scorer as that is what has let us down so far.

Kind of like saying if you drive a Jaguar, you need to buy a Ferrari.

He's better than what we have but he wouldn't make enough difference to justify the huge cost in transfer and wages. What we really need is a goal scorer as that is what has let us down so far.

wouldnt he be the going rate rather than 'huge cost'?

Hojbjerg - Romeu - Schneiderlin

Tadic - NEW - Boufal

Looks nice in practice, maybe a bit too defensive and not enough pace in there.

yeah, in that line up our FBs would have to live in the final third to get goals.

because we rotate like never before and Romeu is indispensable because no one else is good enough.

we would pay Morgan's wages and a £13m transfer fee to have him rotate games with Romeu? And I would imagine there is going to be less rotation after the New Year ( I could be wrong, but we have fewer matches). Romeu is two years younger. I'd rather re-sign him.

When on his game he's better than anything we have
Yet he can't get minutes with a team that has allowed more goals than Southampton this season? 11 PL minutes this season. Not sure when the last time he was on his game. 2014/2105 seems like ages ago.

sorry all, I loved him when he was here, but I can't think of more pros than cons if he returned. Reasonable minds can disagree, but this is where I stand.

I would expect our club only to sign a player if he is the best available for the right price in a position that needs to be filled. That a player has previously been at this club features no where in that consideration. I find it odd that some fans want to re-sign a player just because he's played here before.

As for Schneiderlin, Southampton coached him to international standard and paved the way for him to play for France but he didn't want to play for us in 2014 and when he left in 2015 he was putting money above his future as a footballer. He's 27 now, and almost certainly not the player he was when he was here.

Romeu was suspended for Bournemouth. Dreadful performance from those filling in wasn't it?

Using the line ''he will get you a couple of goals a season'' as a reason to re-sign Morgan is very funny. He's as much of a goal threat as Clasie and Romeu.

I loved him when he was here, but he's not the sort of player we need. We don't sign players because they were good for us when they were here.

Using the line ''he will get you a couple of goals a season'' as a reason to re-sign Morgan is very funny. He's as much of a goal threat as Clasie and Romeu.

I loved him when he was here, but he's not the sort of player we need. We don't sign players because they were good for us when they were here.

not the reason though.

he is an excellent player in his position and would improve our side the moment he signed

wouldnt he be the going rate rather than 'huge cost'?

The going rate is a huge cost. £13m (it won't be that low but I'll humour the thread title) plus his substantial wages is a lot of money however you look at it. Money which could be much better used towards a goal scorer.

For God's sake, if we are going to spend the sort of money that will be needed to buy Schneiderlin plus the knock on effect of his wages at least spend it on a twenty goal a season striker or a ten goal a season midfielder even another VVD type if we can find one. Something we need or could well need. Either way I'm sceptical we'll buy anybody unless it is an underwhelming loan. I'd take Ben Arfa on loan over Schneiderlin every day of the week. Schneiderlin on loan with part of his wages paid by MU is another kettle of fish altogether.

I am sure that even if it was all up front I would bet there is a sell on clause in there somewhere. If we were interested that would help with negotiations surely

Maybe we can surrender the remaining amount owed in enchanted for him coming back.

Since he hasn't got many minutes in the past season and a half I can't really judge him but based on those lack of minutes I wouldn't say he gets into our starting XI/best 11.

For those saying we don't have a best 11 due to the rotation policy, I'd say that most of the team that played, and flopped vs Beer Sheva are the main players for Puel.

Our first 11/(12- Tadic is vital too) for me is Forster, Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand, Romeu, PEH, Steven Davis, Boufal, Austin, Redmond/Tadic

Morgan would be an improvement for Clasie to me.

I'd happily swap Clasie for Morgan, just don't have that attachment to Jordy.

BUT wages would be a stumbling block and unless we get rid of one we'll only end up with a massive squad.

Edited by nta786

I think the doubters are looking at the trees and not the forest here; the optics of the situation would be very, very good for the club.

1) it reinforces the reality that not every move up is a successful move — a particularly useful wedge against future players thinking about “forcing” a move. Particularly if Morgan is around to tell them how **** it went for him.

2) if he comes back and plays well, it contributes to a “upstart picks ManU’s pockets” narrative that casual fans would hang onto and identify with SFC for a long, long time.

There are a ton of plusses here: Puel would undoubtedly like to have francophone players around; despite his generally great play to open the season, Romeu still seems like a weak-ish link at a thin position.

Absolutely would take him back in a second if he was eager to play here; think the wages could be asterisked off as just part of the 12m or so we “fleeced” MUFC for… having said that, i doubt it will happen; Everton it is...

The only one of the defectors i woulld take back is Mane because a goalscorer/maker is what we need. The rest can roll in their wages, Spiderman would only be an occasional player and would upset the wage structure. On a freebie, maybe, but £13m no thank you, no way. We can spend younger and better