Schneiderlin To Join Everton

TopGun

Why would Spiderman have come back to us anyway? He couldn't wait to leave & threw all his toys out the pram on Twitter & in the media, was never going to happen

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

To be fair he did leave on pretty good terms in the end. The club gave him a decent send-off, so I wouldn't necessarily have ruled out a move on that basis.

Think it will be a good move for him to go to Everton as he's really gone backwards over the past 18 months. Not only out of favour at United but also lost his place in the French team which he'd worked so hard to achieve whilst at Saints. I'll be interested to see how much his United stint has affected him mentally as it must have been such a let-down for the bloke.

**** me Carrick isn't a patch on Bally at similar age.

I don't misremember anything, I just remember real quality. Morgan was a good player for us, but he's nothing special. He's a French Gareth Barry if you ask me. He's always been overrated on here.

Anyway the proofs in the pudding . Let's see how he does for Everton . My prediction is he'll be at West Brom,Stoke or similar sort of club within 3 years. Bit like Cabaye really, not quite top quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A French Gareth Barry?! I really have heard it all now.

Performing well at a mid table club, then making a big money move to one of the Manchester clubs, before falling out of favour and ending up at Everton.

Sounds nothing like Morgan.

Don't remember anyone likening him to Gareth Barry when he was here and any comparison to Barry would have been laughed at. Wonder what comparison will be made with OR if he leaves us.

Why would a comparison to Gareth Barry be laughed at?

Solid top-flight player but not spectacular or a world beater. Good enough to "do a job" at international level.

He's basically their replacement for Barry FFS.

It's a fine comparison.

I think that we can all realise that he didn't do well at Utd. That doesn't turn him into a bad player. Maybe he made the wrong choice of club to go to. As Ray Parlour said on talkSport this morning, he was a player that he had hoped would go to Arsenal. I can't see why he can't rediscover his touch but do go with the sum of the parts argument.

Don't remember anyone likening him to Gareth Barry when he was here and any comparison to Barry would have been laughed at. Wonder what comparison will be made with OR if he leaves us.

Don't see the problem personally, Barry was a very good player in his day. You talk as if we're comparing Makelele to Jermaine Wright.

Don't see the problem personally, Barry was a very good player in his day. You talk as if we're comparing Makelele to Jermaine Wright.

Barry is an OK player, his trouble is that his type of football no longer suits the asanitised rule book. He gets shedloads of cards for tackles, which 10 years ago were pretty standard. Morgan used to get his fair share of cards with us as well and was probably told by Van Gaal to clean it up a bit. Don't know if any of you watched Utd games last year but there was a lot of bite missing in Morgan's tackling. Van Gaal turned him into a powder puff tackler and ruined what he bought.

Indeed - "Comfortably" doesn't really do it justice....... Streets ahead of OR, is more apt.

Hopefully tonight's performance has put nonsense like this to bed. OR produced a better performance tonight than Morgan is capable of. " Streets ahead",on tonight's evidence Everton must have some ****ing player on their hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair he did leave on pretty good terms in the end. The club gave him a decent send-off, so I wouldn't necessarily have ruled out a move on that basis.

Think it will be a good move for him to go to Everton as he's really gone backwards over the past 18 months. Not only out of favour at United but also lost his place in the French team which he'd worked so hard to achieve whilst at Saints. I'll be interested to see how much his United stint has affected him mentally as it must have been such a let-down for the bloke.

i think most of us have been surprised how little impact he made at Utd.

Do Saints get any money from the Schneiderlin move to Everton?

Depends if there was a sell on clause, and the type of clause if there was one.

Sometimes it's a percentage of the sold-on price, sometimes it's a percentage of the sold-on profit.

I'm not sure such a backwards step is a congratulatory territory. He could do well there like Bertrand did here. He has amazing talent.

He'll be pleased to get on the pitch more, and I'll be pleased to see him play. If he fulfils his talent he'll be a lot more important to that team than any fullback could be for us.

"Best of the rest" will soon mean 8th as Everton dont seem have us much respect for the top 6 clubs as we do, suspect they will break away from us over the next 12-24 months

Fair play to them, great signing and adding talented youth (Lookman) also looks smart.

Weird picture with his foot up his own nose.

Agreed. The agency involved phoned that one in for sure. Shocking piece of graphic design(sic).

Good luck to Morgan tho. Classy player who will get back to his best playing every week.

Edited by jasonb

So apparently Morgan knows about the history of the club.

Perhaps that's why it took so long to get this one over the line. Must of taken him a good couple of weeks to read about them first dugouts, first floodlights, and first supporter wearing a hat.

Time will only tell how good MS is. Personally, I always held Wanyama in higher regard and feel like he gave MS (and the rest of the team) the freedom to play like he did.

Despite the obvious age difference and his waffle obsession, Ronald says that he shares Morgan's passion for tight nylon clothing and the financial services industry. The couple are looking to buy a beach front property in Morcambe...

Made me chuckle. Thanks.

"Best of the rest" will soon mean 8th as Everton dont seem have us much respect for the top 6 clubs as we do, suspect they will break away from us over the next 12-24 months

Fair play to them, great signing and adding talented youth (Lookman) also looks smart.

Wow, you've been having an absolute 'mare this week. Time to retire?