WBA Build-up

SuperSAINT

I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount of rotation for this game, so perhaps a line-up something along these lines...?

Forster

Martina

Yoshida

VvD

McQueen

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Davis

Sims

Tadic

Long

Subs: Taylor, Bertrand, Fonte, Reed, JWP, Boufal, JRod

We will be lucky to get anything if that is the line up!

I'm guessing there'll be a fair amount of rotation for this game, so perhaps a line-up something along these lines...?

Forster

Martina

Yoshida

VvD

McQueen

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Davis

Sims

Tadic

Long

Subs: Taylor, Bertrand, Fonte, Reed, JWP, Boufal, JRod

makes me realise how weak of a squad we actually have!

Nope, i'll be watching but I'm a fan and entitled to my opinion, we play sh1te football. You going to be wearing your hat and face paint again then?

Hat and face paint.... lol

I suppose you will be moaning before the team is announced, after the team is anounced and continually at every mistake until we win and then shut up..

No Hojberg then, thought he was supposed to be the bee's bolleaux.

I think the others are in front of him at the moment. He definitely isn't a defensive midfielder, so Clasie and Romeu in front of him. I think Davis in a more forward position is in front of him at the moment, but Pierre's time will come.

Enough of this diamond crap please.

Forster

Cedric, Virgil, Fonte, Bertrand

Romeu, Clasie

Davis, Boufal, Tadic/Long

Rodriguez/Long

Is this the 'diamond crap' that we haven't played since the first 2 or 3 games of the season :mcinnes:

Edited by SKD

Hat and face paint.... lol

I suppose you will be moaning before the team is announced, after the team is anounced and continually at every mistake until we win and then shut up..

Nope again, will be cheering them on and hope that we win - I never even moan when a team is selected, unless we went totally left field and stuck Kelvin or someone in goal for a laugh(actually based on frasers form that's not a terrible idea). But i'm not going to bury my head in the sand and say nothing if we are playing a dross style of football otherwise nothing will change. I'd rather us lose but look like we really wanted the game, 1 shot on target against Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool is terrible football to play regardless of the opposition.

Is Marshall fit? He's a decent keeper and can't be worse than Forster was last night. I would drop Boufal for tadic and bring in long for Redmond.

Marshall? The one playing for Hull? We have McCarthy and Taylor, but McCarthy is injured atm, we've even stuck Harry Lewis from the u23's on the bench for a few games.

This is a must win if we want to finish top 8, WBA are very solid and going to compete with us West Ham Everton and LCFC for 7th and 8th, so we can not lose this.

The top 6 teams are way too good now and we must win home games to stay in the mix for Europa league spots if we dont win a cup, if we lose again it will only cause this board to melt down and have more VVD off in Jan in the papers.

Team will be rotated and thank god Redmond will be banned, the guy is poor at times but Puels love for him is costing us at times.

Forster

Bertrand

Yoshida

VVD

Martina

Romeu

Clasie

Reed

Tadic

Long

Boufal

Jay Rod and Davis to come off the bench.

Our midfielder's really are tiny. I mentioned before the game that I worried we'd get bullied last night.

Which is exactly as I said it would be. The day of 4ft 6 squirts like Ball and Scholes in DM is long gone. What they lacked in stature was made up with aggressivity which would today ensure they'd see red after 10 or 15 minutes.

Edited by Window Cleaner

A worry for me is low on confidence / out of form Long & Tadic appear.

Really need a big performance & confidence boost from them. Let's forget about Bournemouth for a minute and we are still lacking cutting edge & didn't really work the keeper last night.

WBA really are going to be a tough but to crack, and in Rondon & Chadli, they now have quality to hurt us at the other end.

We might need another Boufal produced rabbit-out-of-the-hat again.

With Redmond's suspension and Tadic seemingly fit again, I hope we are going to finally see Tadic and Boufal together in the Starting XI on Saturday. (and then Boufal is off to Africa! Just great.)

Defensively, we need to be tight, because I fear if we give up a first half goal, 3 points won't be possible.

I am a bit down about the team today and I have been maybe a bit spoiled from past seasons. I miss the offensive creativity and fluidity we used to exhibited (we have potential, see JRod's first goal against Bournemouth [Davis/Boufal], but it has been far a few between). There used to be such joy and teamwork amongst the players, something is missing.

Tadic really misses Pelle, I imagine. When those two clicked it was a thing of beauty. We don't have that same dynamism at all this year. Don't see that changing much for the rest of the season; every game is going to be a slog and I reckon our overall goal differential will hover around zero for the rest of the season. However, A top 10 finish is still very do-able.

This summer is going to be a very crucial summer in my opinion. We still have a good team with good players, but we have had a blip; gone backward slightly. The question is: does that trend continue next season or do we get ambitious this summer and correct it?

lineup for the game:

Forster

Martina Yoshida VvD McQueen

Clasie Romeu Højbjerg

Boufal Long Tadic

not normally what I would prefer at the back four, but would rather have, Cedric, Fonte, and Bertrand available for Everton away.

God this game is going to be dreadful to watch if you're a neutral. Or a Saints fan. Or a West Brom fan.

It will almost certainly be the last game on Match of the Day!

WBA have only sold about 1000 tickets so despite the cheap cost it is a game that doesn't seem to appeal to them, tickets sold well in the home end with block 43 already sold to Saints fans plus block 44 now on sale.

0-0 my prediction.

WBA have only sold about 1000 tickets so despite the cheap cost it is a game that doesn't seem to appeal to them, tickets sold well in the home end with block 43 already sold to Saints fans plus block 44 now on sale.

0-0 my prediction.

New Years Eve getting back to Birmingham at 9:30 I would expect a bit of family pressure creeping in.

0-0 my prediction.

To be fair, i'm not sure we would take that much more to West Brom for a 3pm Ko on new years eve. Still could be worse i see Norwich are at Brentford for a 5:30 pm ko.

This will be a very tough game - player for player we are very evenly matched so this will come down to tactics and home advantage. Both teams very strong defensively and both have players who on their day are match winners (rondon/chadli/Phillips jrod/Boufal/tadic). Ironically I think this may come down to set pieces with both sets of centre halves perhaps the biggest threat. Heart says 1-0 but head 1-1. Confident we will get something (and we need to as I can't see us getting anything at Everton).

To be fair to Forster I don't think he could have saved any of those goals last night but he does need to be braver off his line

Actually coming off his line at some point would be a start. Never seen such a big goalkeeper be so afraid of venturing out of his six yard box.