Everton Build Up

Toomer

Does anyone know what is wrong with McCarthy? I thought he had a relatively minor hamstring problem when the nature of his injury was first announced by the club but it must be something more serious than that now given his prolonged absence?

Does anyone know what is wrong with McCarthy? I thought he had a relatively minor hamstring problem when the nature of his injury was first announced by the club but it must be something more serious than that now given his prolonged absence?

Guardian (that's a newspaper by the way) has him being fit Jan 14th but it's a state secret.

What part of that don't you agree with ?

Mate if you are looking to Merson for wisdom good luck to you.

He just spouted that West Ham should buy Martial for £20m.

Fact that he thinks we are sh1te and you are impressed enough to quote it is funny. Merse knows. And yeah we may get beat 3-0.

Don't understand the fuss about the changes, before when it was working everyone was singing it's praises, now a dip in form people are looking for any scapegoat they can. We need a creative midfielder who can play the ball forwards, and the closest thing we have to that is Ward-Prowse (and Tadic, but he's front 3). It is a solid midfield who will fight for the ball. Tadic needs a run in the team to get his form back up, Rodriguez similar and Redmond, whether you like him or not, carries a threat when he cuts in from the wing. He's a few goals away from being a brilliant player. Support the team.

Is Romeu knackered

Exactly and Tadic will basically have to play every minute whilst we don't have Boufal. This rotation system is fine in theory but the way it's being deployed is completely random. Certain players (VVD and Romeu) play every single minute yet some players are rotated out constantly (full backs, shuttle midfielders and strikers). I don't think it's any coincidence that VVD and Romeu are, by some distance, our best performers this season as the rest of the team don't know If they'll be playing the following week. As others have said it must massively reduce any kind of "playing for places" mentality as players know that no matter what they do and how well/badly they've played they will be rotated.

I'm struggling to think of any team that has successfully implemented a mass rotation system. Even Chelsea who had a much stronger squad were ridiculed when Ranieri tried it.

Always seems that successful teams are settled ones. Leicester won the league by playing a consistent team even Barcelona (who also have Europe to contend with) play pretty much the same XI every week.

Don't understand the fuss about the changes, before when it was working everyone was singing it's praises, now a dip in form people are looking for any scapegoat they can. We need a creative midfielder who can play the ball forwards, and the closest thing we have to that is Ward-Prowse (and Tadic, but he's front 3). It is a solid midfield who will fight for the ball. Tadic needs a run in the team to get his form back up, Rodriguez similar and Redmond, whether you like him or not, carries a threat when he cuts in from the wing. He's a few goals away from being a brilliant player. Support the team.

Yeah please keep the same side that we slagged off all game. I like them guys

A very dodgy line up....

Puel has some very strange thinking at times. The Manager needs to show more tactical wareness in this game. If play in our own goalmouth again then improvement in the future is very unlikely. At 6 to 5 Everton that looks a very good price indeed...

Come on Puel be brave or walk away.... The faint hearted never won anything. Pressing for the whole game.... After being a fan of Puel he is now starting to show an alarming lack of comprehension of what is happening on the pitch. Is he too weak? Is he not a winner? This game will tell us a lot. Does Puel have 'Possibilities' and 'concentration' ?

I am looking forward to seeing what he is really made of....

Disappointed about Bertrand not starting but apart from that it's surely what everyone expected? Maybe even stronger. Surprised Romeu is playing his 3rd game in six days.

Well, I certainly didn't expect to see Clasie and JWP in the same midfield. Is Romeu 'Superman' in disguise - how come he never gets rotated? Just proves the whole thing is nothing more than a joke.

Going to be interesting how Fonte and Yoshida will deal with Lukaku, first time this season i think that Virgil isnt playing so lets see how big of a factor that will be.

Why is Bertrand again on the bench btw? Small injury? Good to see Boufal will be going to AFCON nice and rested tho...

If you can guess Claude's team selections you should be focusing on the lotto. You would be quids-in.

It's very much like Burley's days. It is impossible to predict his teams. OK, some are interchangeable without altering anything very much - however, players need to develop an understanding with each other. None of these players understand anyone else in the squad!

Well, I certainly didn't expect to see Clasie and JWP in the same midfield. Is Romeu 'Superman' in disguise - how come he never gets rotated? Just proves the whole thing is nothing more than a joke.

Perhaps Romeu has better fitness levels than the rest of the squad? Given that the sports science department regularly test these sort of things, Puel will have an excellent idea of the capabilities of the players.

Perhaps Romeu has better fitness levels than the rest of the squad? Given that the sports science department regularly test these sort of things, Puel will have an excellent idea of the capabilities of the players.

Probably has more to do with him having to complete fewer high intensity sprints per match as a CDM than a wide player/full back/striker/shuttling CM has to.

Probably has more to do with him having to complete fewer high intensity sprints per match as a CDM than a wide player/full back/striker/shuttling CM has to.

we must have players who do that more than most in the league. no one else seems to 'rotate' as much as us.