Q&A with Les Reed

Heisenberg

can keep the selling off of the first team to just 1 player in the summer

cheers

Why, if the stated ambition of the club is to qualify for the Champions League, have we sold off a team that might even have been capable of challenging for the title?

- Is your performance reviews financial or success related?

- Do you get a cut of transfers?

I'd ask him if he gets fed up with clueless ****ing idiots who don't appreciate the great job hes done at the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than appointing Ronald Koeman what more has he done that's been so successful? Cortese was the bloke that got us promoted twice and appointed poch. So far les has not persuaded poch to stay or Koeman, appointed puel, sold lambert, lallana, Morgan, Vic, mane, Shaw, Lovren, Pelle, mucked up Toby deal, clyne. Also let the head of recruitment go to Spurs, who brought in Toby, vic, Lovren, Bertrand, Pelle, mane, Forster. People forget there's been a huge change since Cortese left.

Found this quote from Les Reed from the SFC site when Puel was first appointed

“Claude has a track record of improving the situations he has been presented with and we are confident he can repeat this at Southampton".

Not working out too well currently is it Les, would say the opposite is happening quite frankly

Found this quote from Les Reed from the SFC site when Puel was first appointed

“Claude has a track record of improving the situations he has been presented with and we are confident he can repeat this at Southampton".

Not working out too well currently is it Les, would say the opposite is happening quite frankly

What position were we in new year last season and were we still in the league cup?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What would you ask him - if you had a chance?

- is the club for sale?

- why Puel?

- why Eric Black?

He's 65 this year so my question would be: When are you retiring?

He gets great credit from some on here for good things which happened at the club in the past, but this season he is getting things very wrong, including his activity in the transfer market and his managerial and coaching appointments. It's time for him to step down gracefully and be replaced by someone younger, more in touch with modern football people and the current transfer market: someone who's still going to know what he's doing in five years' time. I think he's perceived by many football people as an arrogant, interfering old man, who'll take the credit for their work - he even tried to take some credit for Leicester's league title, saying they'd just copied the Southampton way- and that is going to put good managers and players off joining the club or even the current ones staying here.

What position were we in new year last season and were we still in the league cup?

Our league position may be similar or slightly better but I think that's down to the league outside of the top 6 being poorer this season. We certainly haven't improved as a team.

He's 65 this year so my question would be: When are you retiring?

He gets great credit from some on here for good things which happened at the club in the past, but this season he is getting things very wrong, including his activity in the transfer market and his managerial and coaching appointments. It's time for him to step down gracefully and be replaced by someone younger, more in touch with modern football people and the current transfer market: someone who's still going to know what he's doing in five years' time. I think he's perceived by many football people as an arrogant, interfering old man, who'll take the credit for their work - he even tried to take some credit for Leicester's league title, saying they'd just copied the Southampton way- and that is going to put good managers and players off joining the club or even the current ones staying here.

Can you post some actual real quotes from these "football people" you speak of? not newspaper selling speculation

We’ve got exactly the same points, albeit an inferior goal difference. As has been said, the rest of the league is much of a muchness which is why we’re a couple of spots higher. I don’t particularly feel comfortable comparing the current points total with last years at this stage, as we were pretty dire at this point last year.

We’ve got exactly the same points, albeit an inferior goal difference. As has been said, the rest of the league is much of a muchness which is why we’re a couple of spots higher. I don’t particularly feel comfortable comparing the current points total with last years at this stage, as we were pretty dire at this point last year.

Completely agree. Comparing us to last year is fine if it includes our end to the season form. But as you say, we were woeful over the winter period last season.

Hi Les, are you satisfied with Puel so far or would you rather have kept Koeman?

C1BWpM0WIAAGuV4.jpg

and RK was two games from the boot around this time 12 months ago

and even after a great 2nd half of the season, the board were not apparently too bothered if RK stayed at the club

Hi Les, are you satisfied with Puel so far or would you rather have kept Koeman?

C1BWpM0WIAAGuV4.jpg

We were then 2nd in league the rest of season and Koeman had already had a season where he finished 7th So had already proved himself.

Why don't you pull up the end of season form Goatboy, for a more balanced view...? And also, that run of form Koeman had lead us to 24 points. Exactly what we sit on now.

Do you feel Puel has the attributes and the support of the players to be able to turn it around in the 2nd half of the season like Koeman did? Personally I don't but we do need a few additions in the transfer market to help him out.

Do you feel Puel has the attributes and the support of the players to be able to turn it around in the 2nd half of the season like Koeman did? Personally I don't but we do need a few additions in the transfer market to help him out.

It’s impossible to say really, I remember this time last year quite a few had enough of Koeman and there was talk of dressing room falls out etc.

Personally I think once we get to Saturday > Saturday games and we can field the same team every week, we will benefit from that. The Europa League has had the predictable effect on a middle of the table club. So in certain situations, Claude has been dealt a tougher hand and has been forced to rotate more often than not. I’m hoping more consistent 11’s will equal better consistency in results.

You obviously feel that we are playing some really attractive football then? The rest of us are bored ****less

Are there any plans to bring back entertaining football at St Marys? If not do you expect people to meekly cough up their hard earned to renew season tickets when they are clearly getting very little in return?

This, 14 hours in the car this week just so I can make 2 home games only for us to continually serve up dross.

You just expect a little entertainment to be on show along with some passion and fight but I guess that's asking a lot nowadays.

You obviously feel that we are playing some really attractive football then? The rest of us are bored ****less

Where have I said that?

I was merely pointing out to people claiming we'd " gone backwards " the facts. We're higher in the league than last season & have gone further in the cup. Winning at Arsenal as opposed to being humiliated at home to Liverpool. So " gone backwards " isn't based on the league table or our performance in cups . It's based on forums members opinions on how the game should be played. Personally, I prefer to listen to Jamie Carraghar who named Puel as his newcomer of the season so far, than the "experts on here". Perhaps in future people can post " although we are higher in the league and have gone further in the cups , I THINK we've gone backwards ", rather than posting an opinion as fact .

Where have I said that?

I was merely pointing out to people claiming we'd " gone backwards " the facts. We're higher in the league than last season & have gone further in the cup. Winning at Arsenal as opposed to being humiliated at home to Liverpool. So " gone backwards " isn't based on the league table or our performance in cups . It's based on forums members opinions on how the game should be played. Personally, I prefer to listen to Jamie Carraghar who named Puel as his newcomer of the season so far, than the "experts on here". Perhaps in future people can post " although we are higher in the league and have gone further in the cups , I THINK we've gone backwards ", rather than posting an opinion as fact .

Jamie Carragher hasn't had to sit and watch the dross served up versus Be'er Sheva, Prague, Hull, Palace, Boro, Spurs and WBA second halves from a fans point of view.

Puel may look good on the outside because of what he has had to contend with but honestly are you enjoying our play?

Puel may look good on the outside because of what he has had to contend with but honestly are you enjoying our play?

I watched plenty of shiete last season, Norwich away, this time last season was woeful. EL was as bad as this season without beating Milan & Prague . Liverpool in the cup , WBA away, Watford away. I went to 8 away games before seeing us win (at Villa). So there was plenty of shocking performances , it hasn't just started this season. And Koeman had Mane & Vic .

Personally I think Koeman & Poch would struggle with these players. It's the weakest squad for years and the fact he's got us into a semi final and higher in the table than a year ago, whilst playing more games , says to me that he's doing a pretty decent job.

I watched plenty of shiete last season, Norwich away, this time last season was woeful. EL was as bad as this season without beating Milan & Prague . Liverpool in the cup , WBA away, Watford away. I went to 8 away games before seeing us win (at Villa). So there was plenty of shocking performances , it hasn't just started this season. And Koeman had Mane & Vic .

Personally I think Koeman & Poch would struggle with these players. It's the weakest squad for years and the fact he's got us into a semi final and higher in the table than a year ago, whilst playing more games , says to me that he's doing a pretty decent job.

I admire your loyalty and agree he has to be given more time, but citing reaching a LC semi as some sort of badge of honour is, considering the 3 teams we eliminated, a tad fanciful. If by a miracle we manage to win through to the Final then come back to me.

The semi final was only achieved against a shocking Palace side, a worldly Boufal goal in a game of dross and Arsenal juniors so let's see if we can do better than last season 6-1 hammering before lauding that.

The Europa campaign was a shambles and disgrace to throw away the start we had.

I agree this squad is poor and the bonus has been McQueen and Sims and praise Puel for that and losing Pied and Austin hasn't helped plus abysmal form of Forster,Long and Jayrod .

It was about 5 years before I saw us win away :-) I have seen some dross in 50+ years and we have been spoilt in last few years but to me we are underachieving and I think that's the rotation and tactics of Puel and staff.

I admire your loyalty and agree he has to be given more time, but citing reaching a LC semi as some sort of badge of honour is, considering the 3 teams we eliminated, a tad fanciful. If by a miracle we manage to win through to the Final then come back to me.

If you're comparing this season to last, then surely Koemans abject league cup defeat against Liverpool (and you could throw in Sheff Utd as well ) should be compared with Puels win at Arsenal .

Clearly Liverpool are far better this season and this is a 2 legged affair as opposed to a one off home game. It will be a miracle if we win, but that's nothing to do with Puel or his "failings". It's probably the toughest draw we could have got. Both MP & Koeman wasted good opportunities in the cups. This season won't be a wasted opportunity , regardless of result , because it's not really a winnable game. Sheff Utd, Sunderland & Liverpool at home ,were

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

If you're comparing this season to last, then surely Koemans abject league cup defeat against Liverpool (and you could throw in Sheff Utd as well ) should be compared with Puels win at Arsenal .

Clearly Liverpool are far better this season and this is a 2 legged affair as opposed to a one off home game. It will be a miracle if we win, but that's nothing to do with Puel or his "failings". It's probably the toughest draw we could have got. Both MP & Koeman wasted good opportunities in the cups. This season won't be a wasted opportunity , regardless of result , because it's not really a winnable game. Sheff Utd, Sunderland & Liverpool at home ,were

They did but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the football over last few years was much more entertaining and effective. Koeman finished 7th and 6th. We made the cup quarters with branfoot. The league is much better comparison than the cup. Anything can happen in a cup so not sure why your judging that.

They did but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the football over last few years was much more entertaining and effective. Koeman finished 7th and 6th. We made the cup quarters with branfoot. The league is much better comparison than the cup. Anything can happen in a cup so not sure why your judging that.

Just as Hull are also in the semi final.

and they are terrible

Hey were still in the F.A Cup but were not going to win that either...........imo Liverpool will smash us 6-2 on agg.

Ok I'll just judge the league.

We're higher now than we were a year ago.

Ok I'll just judge the league.

We're higher now than we were a year ago.

Ok let's see if we can finish second in the league for rest of season. We were higher under Koeman in his first season though. 4th I think so what's the relevance?