Next Manager

MarkSFC

Surely Eddie Howe is the obvious choice if he'd join? Seems to be very loyal to Bomo however so doubt he would come.

ruled himself out last time and that was when we had a better squad. can't see it, unfortunately. Monk would be good but can't see him leaving either

I see the hipsters go to manager of the summer Paco Jimez is ripping it up. After getting Rayo Vallecano relegated last season he lasted 6 games at Granada not winning any of them, losing 4 and drawing 2 and is now managing a midtable side in Mexico. I cant believe we missed out on him.

I see the hipsters go to manager of the summer Paco Jimez is ripping it up. After getting Rayo Vallecano relegated last season he lasted 6 games at Granada not winning any of them, losing 4 and drawing 2 and is now managing a midtable side in Mexico. I cant believe we missed out on him.

the hipsters have moved on from the days of Paul Tisdale being the go to guy

Are you seriously suggesting we base our managerial recruitment on a single game of football? There are umpteen reasons Pardew would be a bad appointment, but our game against Palace isn't one of them.

No, but Eddie Howe wouldn't be an upgrade on what we currently have.

I would like Emery and no one else. He'd be brilliant.

Not winning the league in France will be seen as a failure and they have Barca in the CL.

Did he move too soon?

Could he be available in the summer?

Would also suit the model of the club.

I'd have him just because it'd really **** Everton fans off :D

I would like Emery and no one else. He'd be brilliant.

Not winning the league in France will be seen as a failure and they have Barca in the CL.

Did he move too soon?

Could he be available in the summer?

He was on the brink not long ago.

Surprised he's still there. Awesome coach though.

Schmitt from Mainz. Very good Swiss manager who has a small club punching well above it's weight and they play some really cracking football.

Julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenhiem. He's only 29 but again has a small club up to 4th and playing outstanding football.

I have read his name, and he has been identified as an outstanding coach but can you imagine the furore if we appointed someone of his age with limited experience?

Some said Eddie Howe didn't have enough experience last summer, but a bloke of 29, with experience in England also.

Schmitt from Mainz. Very good Swiss manager who has a small club punching well above it's weight and they play some really cracking football.

Julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenhiem. He's only 29 but again has a small club up to 4th and playing outstanding football.

Would be interesting to look more at options from the Bundesliga as that's one of the bigger European league we've not really bought many players from (apart Højbjerg, who's looking very frustrated with Puel) or looked at for any managerial candidates by the looks of things, like the list of possible managers from this summer.

Would be interesting to look more at options from the Bundesliga as that's one of the bigger European league we've not really bought many players from (apart Højbjerg, who's looking very frustrated with Puel) or looked at for any managerial candidates by the looks of things, like the list of possible managers from this summer.

Please supply photographic evidence of this frustration.

Marcos Silva in at Hull according to SSN

He was probably one of the few they spoke to in the summer that apparently got to an advanced stage (though did not progress ??). SSN may just be jumping the gun or putting 2 and 2 together - it wouldn't be the first time.

Regardless, Silva was one of the names I had on my shortlist in the summer before Puel (along with Roger Schmidt, Favre, Valverde and Marcellino). I thought he met much of our alleged criteria (young, progressive, coaching of youngsters etc).

So I agree with Crab Lungs that potentially he is a good appointment. and that coming in in January with the club bottom of the table and an owner unwilling to invest, not apparently having the players used to playing the way Silva would like, would suggest it might not save them from the drop.

For the record, I am not in the 'Puel Out' camp, but I am also not going to pretend he does not have a challenge on his hands, even if it is just in motivating the players to put in performances. If he cannot get a tune out of a set of players that are better than they are currently playing (Bournemouth match aside), then may be we, or he, need to act.

Its like we are playing with the hand-brake o. Everything is tentative and measured. No zip and no one doing anything off-script (like Mane would infuriatingly do for bad as well as good).

My concern is that if results continue as they are and some get there way, it will also mean that Virg pushes to move this month as we won't have the EFL cup final to keep his focus for a while longer at least