From What I've Been Told Today....

View From The Top

Your Pro Puel agenda has been obvious but you are seriously saying that we should flog off all the players who don't like him ??

You say that everyone is replacable yet to you and Pamplemouse Puel is not . Kinda contradictory don't you think ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It's not a question of replacing players " who don't like him" because plenty of players dislike plenty of managers. It's a question of getting rid or shutting up the ring leaders, the ones whose negativity will affect the group . If rumours are to be believed ( and this thread is about believe a particular rumour, so allow me to believe another one), then Jose has been acting like a right cock womble. Lawrie had to move Terry Paine on to control things, maybe Puel needs to move Jose & Long on. From my very limited experience I would say that when a new man comes in as many prefer him to the old guy as hate him. Long, Jose and Bertrand may have preferred Koeman , but do Targett, McQueen , JWP , Yoshida and others? If we ditch Puel and then the next guy drops long or Forster ( and frankly neither could complain if he did) . Then do we bin him and get another one in. It's not a mutual society , they don't all get a vote.

Puel is not irreplaceable and I've never said he is.He needs time and backing, half a season and we're mid table is not the time to panic and tear up our plans, no good can come of it at all.

Some of our supporters think loyalty is a one way street. They spout pony about it but don't really believe in it."Mr Koeman , you disloyal ****, Poch you judas. Puel out".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of our supporters think loyalty is a one way street. They spout pony about it but don't really believe in it."Mr Koeman , you disloyal ****, Poch you judas. Puel out".

AT LAST! Somebody else said it. Twitter is full of moronic Saints 'fans' saying we should sell whichever player plays badly that day, and then crying when a good player decides to go somewhere else, the hypocrisy is absolutely embarrassing. We of all fans should appreciate players whilst they're here, because we know how frustrating it is when they go.

It's not a question of replacing players " who don't like him" because plenty of players dislike plenty of managers. It's a question of getting rid or shutting up the ring leaders, the ones whose negativity will affect the group . If rumours are to be believed ( and this thread is about believe a particular rumour, so allow me to believe another one), then Jose has been acting like a right cock womble. Lawrie had to move Terry Paine on to control things, maybe Puel needs to move Jose & Long on. From my very limited experience I would say that when a new man comes in as many prefer him to the old guy as hate him. Long, Jose and Bertrand may have preferred Koeman , but do Targett, McQueen , JWP , Yoshida and others? If we ditch Puel and then the next guy drops long or Forster ( and frankly neither could complain if he did) . Then do we bin him and get another one in. It's not a mutual society , they don't all get a vote.

Puel is not irreplaceable and I've never said he is.He needs time and backing, half a season and we're mid table is not the time to panic and tear up our plans, no good can come of it at all.

+1.

The point is, he isn't liked by some of our best/most senior players. It's far easier to replace a manager than it is to replace three decent players.

Long hasn't done anything wrong other than to be mentioned on here in the same sentence as saying its a guess.

He has also praised Puel in an interview. When you are going to spread unsettling rumours, try not to do it about loyal players.

Its not just because of three games, its because of the accumulated performances over the last 5-6 months. To many below par performance, out of an easy group of EPL, no improvement on players, supposedly lost the faith of key players and obviously lost support from a large part of the fans.

Were you calling for Koeman's sacking this time last season where we were just as bad if not worse?

You can't run a football club by getting rid of every manager a couple of senior players don't like...

Ok, so what do you propose? Flog the senior players even if the manager is sub par?

If it can happen to Jose at Chelsea it can and will happen at Saints if this turns out to be true.

Ok, so what do you propose? Flog the senior players even if the manager is sub par?

If it can happen to Jose at Chelsea it can and will happen at Saints if this turns out to be true.

No, you can't get rid of manager the players don't like, he's meant to be in charge, I personally would flog the players that a causing the upset. Or at least the main one disrespecting the manager. Players have too much power these days and rarely think about the club they play for Just their pocket.

Shall we just get the players to appoint our next manager?

No, you can't get rid of manager the players don't like, he's meant to be in charge, I personally would flog the players that a causing the upset. Or at least the main one disrespecting the manager. Players have too much power these days and rarely think about the club they play for Just their pocket b

Bet you would have flogged MLT back in the day when he was clearly very much against a certain manager we had.

Bet you would have flogged MLT back in the day when he was clearly very much against a certain manager we had.

Not when the manager is as inept as Branfoot. Which Puel obviously isn't. Did le tiss cause problems then or just get on with his job?

Maybe its the players that have been sub par? and no I wouldn't flog the overpaid, whiney, little cocks I'd make train with the under 18s. We've had problem players (post takeover) before and I don't remember the club sacking the manager to keep them happy. If the manger needs to go that's a decision for the board not the players.

Puel arrives, immediately changes a successful team, introduces a new system coupled with excessive rotation, which doesn't work either, brings in 4-3-3 with one striker, we manage to only score eleven goals from play in twenty league games, now lost three successive games, so that obviously doesn't work.

Now the captain wants to leave amidst numerous rumours of discontent in the club which puts us in a dangerous position. This sort of scenario in a club can quickly result in a collapse of confidence and morale leading to a tumble down the league.

For me it needed a manager to come in and build on the successful early months of 2016 not change completely, seemingly alienating players and fans with the sterile, negative toothless football no self respecting manager would try and justify. Yet Puel doesn't seem to be aware how close to the Premier league cliff edge we are playing his way.

Puel arrives, immediately changes a successful team, introduces a new system coupled with excessive rotation, which doesn't work either, brings in 4-3-3 with one striker, we manage to only score eleven goals from play in twenty league games, now lost three successive games, so that obviously doesn't work.

Now the captain wants to leave amidst numerous rumours of discontent in the club which puts us in a dangerous position. This sort of scenario in a club can quickly result in a collapse of confidence and morale leading to a tumble down the league.

For me it needed a manager to come in and build on the successful early months of 2016 not change completely, seemingly alienating players and fans with the sterile, negative toothless football no self respecting manager would try and justify. Yet Puel doesn't seem to be aware how close to the Premier league cliff edge we are playing his way.

Yes, I agree. The situation reeks of mismanagement.

Didn't Beattie and Co shaft Sturrock?

Despite the rumours and people's beliefs I'm pretty sure Beattie was wrongly labelled the ringleader against Sturrock, quite certain Luggy said as much himself. I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Jason Dodd was the guilty party.

I seem to remember us being in a similar situation when over Christmas and the New Year where we were playing badly and losing regularly.

Yes we recovered and probably over performed but the three main players in that success Mane Pelle and Wanyama have left Bertrand has been iffy perhaps due to injury and Forster Fonte Tadic and Long have not performed to the same level because of lack of form.

I followed Saints for nearly 60 years seen great matches but most have been average and some pretty dire the last few years have been great but nothing continues forever so we will have to be patient and see what happens but we do of course need a quality striker and a bit more rub of the green

Well said.

The club has made massive progress the last few years, a few bumps were probably inevitable.

Seems to me like Reed was looking for the safe approach this summer and went for Puel as hes a bit older and has shown loyalty in the past to a club (17 years at Monaco) probably hoped hed do well and we could keep hold of him long-term.

Failure i can live with its the not trying i can't handle and given our position 8th, 7th and 6th last few years Reed should have been more brave, trusted himself a bit more. NOT taken a 7 iron off the tee on a par 5.

Puel and Black were never the golden ticket - a manager with zero trophies in 16 years and the ex Rotherham coach.... Give me strength FFS

We gambled, we lost - lets pick ourselves up and move on (without Puel n his mate Black)

C'est la vie

Hey nothing wrong with a Severn iron off the tee on a par 5, especially if there is a hazard in the fairway. You can still hole out for birds with a 7 iron !!

Indeed, him selling Mane, Pelle and Big Vic was a big mistake.

Which players were "shifted" under Branfoot?

none. My point is to Saint Ash, who suggested that we should just ship out players who fall out with the manager.

Much like MLT fell out with Branfoot and a very public scale. Not so many calls to ship him out at the time though

none. My point is to Saint Ash, who suggested that we should just ship out players who fall out with the manager.

Much like MLT fell out with Branfoot and a very public scale. Not so many calls to ship him out at the time though

Probably because in terms of age/ability/importance to the team, there is absolutely no comparison between MLT and Fonte.

There probably wasn't but which forum were you on then to judge?

Hey nothing wrong with a Severn iron off the tee on a par 5, especially if there is a hazard in the fairway. You can still hole out for birds with a 7 iron !!

Nah, you'd want a 3 wood off the tee on a par 5, then you should be able to birdie with an iron from the fairway.

I got a couple of snippets of info today......first time ever!

To give some context: this is from a relative who has no interest in footy, aside from knowing I'm a huge Saints fan. Turns out this relative of mine has a friend who is , shall we say 'close' to the club. I have of course asked that more digging be done!

So I offer you the statements I was given, and leave any interpretation to others!

"All is not well at the club.....behind the scenes things are not good at all"

"The owner is very unhappy.......she's a woman isn't she?"

"There's a Canadian man who is causing problems with finance: he's a real fly in the ointment it seems"

I got a couple of snippets of info today......first time ever!

To give some context: this is from a relative who has no interest in footy, aside from knowing I'm a huge Saints fan. Turns out this relative of mine has a friend who is , shall we say 'close' to the club. I have of course asked that more digging be done!

So I offer you the statements I was given, and leave any interpretation to others!

"All is not well at the club.....behind the scenes things are not good at all"

"The owner is very unhappy.......she's a woman isn't she?"

"There's a Canadian man who is causing problems with finance: he's a real fly in the ointment it seems"

Can you ask for some info of interest next time ?

Or something we don't already know ?

Nah, you'd want a 3 wood off the tee on a par 5, then you should be able to birdie with an iron from the fairway.

If your going for a 3 wood then surely an eagle would be the objective on a good tee shot !!

Aim high !!

Reckon its true. Krueger has suddenly emerged from his pit and spoken to the players at Everton (confirmed in a number of media and social media outlets), and i have been suspicious of us rotating more than half the team against WBA and Everton; seems like divide-and-conquer to me ). And now suddenly Reed has found his public voice again.

Oh, and there is the expected Norwich line-up to consider...

Assuming it to be true, Puel and team have to go. Most of these players have seved us well in previous seasons, so its not them at fault.

Edited by alpine_saint

Anyone else find it slightly odd that the day after Les Reed says this:

"If you look at the top half of the calendar it’s three games every week. It’s incredible. As we get through January things start to even out again.

Claude really hasn’t had an opportunity to do much in terms of coaching, rather recover from matches and prepare for the next one.

The ability to have the players out on the pitch longer and do functional training sessions and the ability to work on different systems of play and so on have been very limited.

He has taken every opportunity he can but the sheer turnaround of games, and also the travelling in the Europa League and the week is gone before you know it."

Puel says this:

“I think at the end of this week we will know the calendar and I hope it is full, with many games, and that we can continue to play every three days.

Sometimes that is difficult, like over Christmas, but for the squad, for the team and players I think it's important to continue many games and continue to improve.”

The place is falling apart. No player leaves until this mess is sorted out.

We brought Puel in for stability, for the long term and it looks like he'll be out before the season's out. So unsettling for the players. I hate to say it but we need to focus on league position now.

If your going for a 3 wood then surely an eagle would be the objective on a good tee shot !!

Aim high !!

I tend to pull to the right if I hit a 3 wood too far, although I generally put that down to a lack of talent.

Depends on the width of the fairway, which course are we playing?

Reckon its true. Krueger has suddenly emerged from his pit and spoken to the players at Everton (confirmed in a number of media and social media outlets), and i have been suspicious of us rotating more than half the team against WBA and Everton; seems like divide-and-conquer to me ). And now suddenly Reed has found his public voice again.

Oh, and there is the expected Norwich line-up to consider...

Assuming it to be true, Puel and team have to go. Most of these players have seved us well in previous seasons, so its not them at fault.

And Alpine has emerged from his pit as soon as a few bad results come along and when he thinks turmoil reigns.

I tend to pull to the right if I hit a 3 wood too far, although I generally put that down to a lack of talent.

Depends on the width of the fairway, which course are we playing?

Well as it's rainy, I think a nice warm course in Portugal will do, somewhere with run offs each side of the fairway! Best leave the 3 wood in the bag for this shot, water to the right !

Well as it's rainy, I think a nice warm course in Portugal will do, somewhere with run offs each side of the fairway! Best leave the 3 wood in the bag for this shot, water to the right !

No-one got a driver? Go for it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk