From What I've Been Told Today....

View From The Top

I'm not sure what to think, but my gut feeling (and I'm in the 'Remain' camp) is that it's probably true. There's too much to make up

Krueger was on the pitch before the Liverpool game. That's the true part. Publicly though, in full view. Not really the place you would do damage control. And some players have shown some frustration after a substitution. Not so surprising. Fonte's attitude seems to be a bit off this season. Plus we fail to score enough, and some bad results... it's easy enough to make up a story. Just look at this place every week.

Ultimately the club's value is in the playing squad so I suspect player power will prevail if this is true. As others have said, not even Mourinho survived once he'd lost the dressing room.

Which would set a dangerous precedent though. Personally I'd rather the club laid down the law or even stuck the trouble makers in the under 23s. Seems to me that its very easy for players to put the blame for their own **** performances on someone else maybe these overpaid dicks she take a long hard look at themselves.....

It's very plausible, Puel did take an eternity to come out for interviews after the WBA game, as per Solent and of course there was the Everton Chairman chat !

i don't know if anyone noticed at the Spurs game when Puel made his substitutions Fonte just put his hands out in front of him and shrugged his shoulders, it looked a real 'What the hell" moment.

The thing about Long rails against what he said to somebody that has a business near where Shane lives. It was some weeks ago but he said the players loved CP and he was the best he had played under!

Im not saying VFTT is wrong but the words were from Long himself.

Perhaps people are jumping at the conclusion both at Long is one of the unhappy players

Just to stick my oar in, I mentioned back at the start of the season that there had been a bust up on the training ground with Puel and one or two players. I didn't mention names at the time, but it was in fact Shane Long. Since then things have improved and of course Shlong could now be happy as larry. But given he hasn't exactly had a stellar season so far, I'd be surprised if he thought Puel was the best thing since sliced bread...

(thought I'd go all out on the idioms...)

Should add, a family member knows a lady who works at Saints and was at the Christmas Party they held recently at SMS.

She said that Puel did a brief speach and said she felt sorry for him due to his lack of English and that a couple of very prominent senior players were s******ing at him on the table behind where she was sat. She felt it showed disrespect and couldn't imagine them doing it to previous Managers.

Just to stick my oar in, I mentioned back at the start of the season that there had been a bust up on the training ground with Puel and one or two players. I didn't mention names at the time, but it was in fact Shane Long. Since then things have improved and of course Shlong could now be happy as larry. But given he hasn't exactly had a stellar season so far, I'd be surprised if he thought Puel was the best thing since sliced bread...

(thought I'd go all out on the idioms...)

well I trust the man who Long spoke to and he is somebody who doesn't need to make false rumours, many of you on here would have visited his business in the New Forest

Really? Do the players now decide how the club play football and who does what?

What we need is to weed out the troublemakers and sell them to Shanghai or something for vast sums.

Not sure that's realistic, we'll potentially end up for VVD, Fonte and Bertrand leaving, and keeping Puel and Black.

Can't see the rest of the team and the fans putting up with that.

Sell Long. He's a glorified hurler stealing a living.

Agreed.

If he's causing problems then he can, as he would say, "feck off". He's nowhere near technically good enough to be much use in Puel's system anyway.

To be clear: I have no actual idea if Shane Long is disgruntled or gruntled and whether he is causing any problems at all.

In fact, if we are talking about just one or two prominent players then they can all do one. Even if they think Puel is useless, he's not some Poortvliet style joke appointment; he has a reasonable pedigree and deserves some time.

Here's a ludicrous conspiracy theory... Could the players have been subconsciously (or otherwise) 'throwing' recent games as a way of bringing the issue to a head?

No, thought not, completely bonkers. But... It looks like it would have worked if they had engineered it... :)

Should add, a family member knows a lady who works at Saints and was at the Christmas Party they held recently at SMS.

She said that Puel did a brief speach and said she felt sorry for him due to his lack of English and that a couple of very prominent senior players were s******ing at him on the table behind where she was sat. She felt it showed disrespect and couldn't imagine them doing it to previous Managers.

C'est toi Claude?

There has been some public petulance. Boufal after being subbed, Hojberg after being subbed. J-Rod had a bit of a moan in the Mail about playing time. This whole business with Ralph addressing the team at Everton. The performances over Christmas. You just can't tell for sure if this particular rumour is true, but if it is I would not get hung up on the conduct of the players. The club should be pragmatic, pull the plug on the manager and bring a new one in while the club has time to participate in the transfer window.

There has been some public petulance. Boufal after being subbed, Hojberg after being subbed. J-Rod had a bit of a moan in the Mail about playing time. This whole business with Ralph addressing the team at Everton. The performances over Christmas. You just can't tell for sure if this particular rumour is true, but if it is I would not get hung up on the conduct of the players. The club should be pragmatic, pull the plug on the manager and bring a new one in while the club has time to participate in the transfer window.

That's not the way it should happen in a well run club...which we claim to be apparently.

Players don't like the manager ? Then they either adapt to his system or are sold or loaned out. It's isn't a WI meeting on the Common.

Not sure that's realistic, we'll potentially end up for VVD, Fonte and Bertrand leaving, and keeping Puel and Black.

Can't see the rest of the team and the fans putting up with that.

changed your tune! BREXIT for you now is it?

Which is what I said earlier.

Eric Black perhaps is the major issue here.

Also, we don't really here much from Pascal Plancque, the other coach.

get back on the positive bus. nothing to see here!!!

difference when Koeman had a horrific spell last year, his no.2 was a decent manager in his own right, so obviously a very good coach and someone the players would respect

Black on the other hand.......

Given what i've heard about Fonte's attitude to the club at the moment (pretty much directly from the horses mouth) i'd assume he's most likely to be involved in this. I'd be surprised by Bertrand to be honest, apparently him and Steven Davis are two of the more sensible, level headed players in the squad (although i heard the same about Hojbjerg and he didn't react well the other day). Have heard rumblings about VVD being a bit "jonny big boll*cks", but would be surprised if it was him too.

Anyway if there's truth in this then it's an open and shut case and Puel has to go, and that's from someone that supports him and thinks he should be given more time.

Well it would certainly be a good way to get that last big payday move he seems to be craving...after all it worked for Osvaldo

The can take or leave what you're about to read as bull or not I'm just simply passing on what I've been told.

I have no contacts at Saints, none, they all retired long ago, but I do have friends that work at PL clubs in the Midlands and NW, in non playing/coaching roles but involved with players to a lesser or greater extent. It's from them this comes. Their record is good as they told me, and I posted on here, weeks in advance, of the Shaw amd Morgan deals.

I'm guessing gossip travels quickly around clubs as players tend to mix in tight circles.

There was, apparently, a huge bust up after the WBA game, in which senior pros let rip at both Puel and Black, accusing them of being clueless and not up to the job. It almost came to punches being thrown.

Some senior pros have told the club, either sort it out, which I assume means get rid of Puel, or the players will leave and some have already instructed agents to see what's available elsewhere. This is perhaps where the Long to WBA or Long to WHU stuff has come from that's been in the press, but I'm just guessing at that.

As a result the Chairman had to speak to the players en-mass before the Everton game (I don't know if this means on the day of the game or before they travelled).

During and after the Everton game players ignored the manager and Black was told, in no uncertain terms, where to get off by 2 internationals in the changing room. All this in the presence of the chairman.

Now I cannot say for certain this is what has happened only that it's the gossip doing the rounds up here.

I'm not one for changing managers mid-season but if even some of what has been said is true then Puel is in trouble.

As I've said, take it or leave it, call it bull, but it's what I've been told today.

Okay, thanks for that. It's complete bull.

I don't doubt for one minute that the rumour passed on has been done in good faith.

What I would do though is exercise caution as to how much of a big deal this really is. Training ground and dressing room bust ups are par for the course in professional football, indeed some managers actively encourage them. If everyone felt fine after back to back defeats it would be shocking.

Having been up to Everton I didn't see a team lacking fight or commitment, and we matched them for 70 mins and could have been ahead without better finishing. That was not a throw the towel in performance.

What is concerning is that there is clearly someone or some people keen to drip feed this type of message outside of the club. That can often be for very different motives, won't cast aspersions but we can guess what they may be....

I reckon it's true. Heard about some rumblings a few weeks ago. Can't blame the players for being annoyed at the system and rotation, we can all see how bad it is.

I'd rather they kicked off like this. At least it shows a level of pride in what they do.

As I've said before, once a manager has lost the dressing room, it's only a matter of time....

The can take or leave what you're about to read as bull or not I'm just simply passing on what I've been told.

I have no contacts at Saints, none, they all retired long ago, but I do have friends that work at PL clubs in the Midlands and NW, in non playing/coaching roles but involved with players to a lesser or greater extent. It's from them this comes. Their record is good as they told me, and I posted on here, weeks in advance, of the Shaw amd Morgan deals.

I'm guessing gossip travels quickly around clubs as players tend to mix in tight circles.

There was, apparently, a huge bust up after the WBA game, in which senior pros let rip at both Puel and Black, accusing them of being clueless and not up to the job. It almost came to punches being thrown.

Some senior pros have told the club, either sort it out, which I assume means get rid of Puel, or the players will leave and some have already instructed agents to see what's available elsewhere. This is perhaps where the Long to WBA or Long to WHU stuff has come from that's been in the press, but I'm just guessing at that.

As a result the Chairman had to speak to the players en-mass before the Everton game (I don't know if this means on the day of the game or before they travelled).

During and after the Everton game players ignored the manager and Black was told, in no uncertain terms, where to get off by 2 internationals in the changing room. All this in the presence of the chairman.

Now I cannot say for certain this is what has happened only that it's the gossip doing the rounds up here.

I'm not one for changing managers mid-season but if even some of what has been said is true then Puel is in trouble.

As I've said, take it or leave it, call it bull, but it's what I've been told today.

There is nobody in his right mind who would employ Eric Black as assistant manager. His track record is abysmal and relegation could almost be his middle name. But, this is what Les Reed had to say:

"Claude clearly came out on top of a very impressive shortlist. We have not only got the best man, but the right coaching team to support him. Eric Black has an excellent pedigree as a coach and vast experience domestically and internationally." Les Reed 2016

Reed is totally out of touch and hopefully will do the decent things and retire this year at the age of 65 so we can get someone in to take the club forward over the next 5 years and beyond.

I reckon it's true. Heard about some rumblings a few weeks ago. Can't blame the players for being annoyed at the system and rotation, we can all see how bad it is.

I'd rather they kicked off like this. At least it shows a level of pride in what they do.

I was in West Quay a few days ago and bumped into a SFC employee and got chatting. He mentioned he had heard about the shouting in the changing rooms after the WBA game (not that he heard it himself). I really wasn't surprised and as Wade comments above, I would hope the players wouldn't have been happy after that.

Re CP, I think he will get to the end of the season and even beyond that.

The way Puel immediately changed how a successful team played and more importantly were comfortable playing to the diamond which he rapidly had to change to 4-3-3 which isn't working either especially with his team selection, excessive rotation, etc has put him at odds with supporters and set himself up for a massive fall unless successful.

The players have every right to have a row with the coaching staff if they sense failure and don't believe in the coach. If there isn't change he has to go.

There is nobody in his right mind who would employ Eric Black as assistant manager. His track record is abysmal and relegation could almost be his middle name. But, this is what Les Reed had to say:

"Claude clearly came out on top of a very impressive shortlist. We have not only got the best man, but the right coaching team to support him. Eric Black has an excellent pedigree as a coach and vast experience domestically and internationally." Les Reed 2016

Reed is totally out of touch and hopefully will do the decent things and retire this year at the age of 65 so we can get someone in to take the club forward over the next 5 years and beyond.

:scared:

You're right, Reed needs to retire.

We need a new poll please mods

Puel In / Out 2017 Edition v2

Why? We haven't played even one more game since the last one, all that's changed is we have one completely unsubstantiated rumour.

The knee jerk reactions to results is bad enough, but to a forking rumour?? This place is mental.

I've no idea of what's true and what's not, and we all know what Chinese whispers are like, but the worrying thing for me it seems plausible if overblown.

The bit about Shane was just my own musing.

I just want a bit of stability in the managers chair be it Claude or whoever.

Not doubting what you may have been told but given the source it could be 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand from anyone who was actually there. As you send it could be well overblown from what actually took place.

I think the negative mood from fans means people latch onto rumours like this. Don't mind losing but the manner of performances recently are the biggest concern. Still only a couple of games away from this being a good season