Fonte Joins West Ham - £8m Official

Saints foreva

Probably true. Their opening bids for players have been laughable so far.

Yep, said yesterday 2 London clubs interested (palace and west ham).

poor tactics by West Ham this season though. All they are going to do is rub clubs up the wrong way (like Levy did with us a couple of years ago).

Unlikely, but I really hope they go down this year!

Yep, said yesterday 2 London clubs interested (palace and west ham).

poor tactics by West Ham this season though. All they are going to do is rub clubs up the wrong way (like Levy did with us a couple of years ago).

Unlikely, but I really hope they go down this year!

It's an odd way of doing business really. I don't understand the benefit of making your bids public (unless you know it's for a fair amount and you to put pressure on the selling club). I suppose it's possible that the David's just like the attention.

Ron, here's the link - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2586011/west-ham-transfer-news-hammers-launch-4m-bid-for-southamptons-wantaway-defender-jose-fonte/

Test our resolve. For £4m?? Not much of a test. But good if there is WHU, CPFC, EFC and others circling. More interest should mean a better price.

so WHU and crystal palace are the sort of dream move Fonte was hoping for when he handed in his transfer request....I find that hard to believe

It's an odd way of doing business really. I don't understand the benefit of making your bids public (unless you know it's for a fair amount and you to put pressure on the selling club). I suppose it's possible that the David's just like the attention.

Sullivans son has a colossal mouth.

Most of their deals fall through because he can't keep his mouth shut when he should do.

Or just to make your fanbase think you're going to do something without actually expecting to hand over any money?

Or just to make your fanbase think you're going to do something without actually expecting to hand over any money?

Quite possibly. Although it can be frustrating at times, I'm grateful for the way Saints don't tend to go mouthing off about transfers to the press.

£5 million apparently - Source my West Ham fan of a boss who is less than impressed..

West ham trying to scrounge players on the cheap again I see ! 6m for Defoe 5m for Snodgrass and 5m for Jose ,I guess they really don't want to buy these players at those stupid prices

I sincerely hope Fonte didn't have sideways/downward moves like this in mind from the outset - really sad if he's that desperate to leave. But if he fancied Mourinho to come calling, burnt his bridges here and had to take the next best thing, then it's rather satisfying.

He'd be a brilliant signing for West Ham or Palace. He and Reid would be a pretty tough partnership.

I sincerely hope Fonte didn't have sideways/downward moves like this in mind from the outset - really sad if he's that desperate to leave. But if he fancied Mourinho to come calling, burnt his bridges here and had to take the next best thing, then it's rather satisfying.

He'd be a brilliant signing for West Ham or Palace. He and Reid would be a pretty tough partnership.

You would have thought Everton was the more attractive move & possibly bigger payers (Should his other 2 options be West Ham / Palace)

Here's hoping a Chinese club come calling with no morals, £13m cash, Jose gets his big contract and all ends well for all parties.

Everton have Jags and Williams who are both over 30. Do they really need another "oldie"? Maybe they will - would make sense of that Lovren tweet about seeing him soon (or maybe that is putting 2 and 2 together and getting 440541)

Koeman won't care , he's only interested in his career not building a club . If he can do a job for 18 months he'll take him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeman won't care , he's only interested in his career not building a club . If he can do a job for 18 months he'll take him .

Koemans departure obviously upset you.

Its been 6 months and you seem stuck on phase 2

denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

Koeman is a top manager - did a fantastic job here (7th and 6th) he now has one of the other "best of the rest" in 7th.

Fonte is still very decent and Everton are ambitious. Wouldnt be the worst move for him IMHO.

Interesting Solent saying that Fonte's agent allegedly told him to take the deal that saints were offering and it was Fonte's decision to turn it down against his agents advice......

He must be dead set on leaving. Someone must have royally ****ed him off.

Interesting Solent saying that Fonte's agent allegedly told him to take the deal that saints were offering and it was Fonte's decision to turn it down against his agents advice......

Whoa! Interesting.

Could this just be Agent realising he's ****ed up with his advice and now gone into damage limitation? Someone, either Fonte or his agent, has right royally cocked it up.

The tide seems to be slowly turning against Fonte - not majorly, but enough that many fans seem to be blasé about him leaving now.

So, are we getting Dani Osvaldo back, then? We need a striker and lets face it, he's probably a free agent.

The tide seems to be slowly turning against Fonte - not majorly, but enough that many fans seem to be blasé about him leaving now.

So, are we getting Dani Osvaldo back, then? We need a striker and lets face it, he's probably a free agent.

He's also given up playing football and is now singing/playing in a band.

If Fonte is indeed being a **** behind the scenes, and doesn't end up getting the transfer to a big club that he thinks he deserves then I hope if we do get to Wembley he has to watch from the stands as VVD leads the team out when it should have been him.

ALLARDYCE ON TRANSFERS

The Palace manager is instead keen to focus on how he can boost his squad and he has some ideas in mind as he looks to make improvements.

Allardyce said: "My interest is to strengthen the defensive areas at this time. When Zaha and Sako come back we'll have options. Loic's fit again.

"Strengthening attack is not my priority. Keeping clean sheets is a priority for me, it's imperative we stop letting goals in. We may look at other areas once we strengthen those defensive areas.

ALLARDYCE EXPECTS DEVELOPMENTS

It looks like the could be movement at Selhurst Park soon - with Allardyce anticipating news on that front imminently.

He added: "We've got three or four bids in for players at the moment, I'll find out whether they've been accepted later today.

"One [new player] would be nice - to start with! We've been very busy without great success at this time. Our aim last week was to have secured those defensive players we wanted by the end of this week. We're trying our best, prices are steep."

Edited by SuperSAINT

This is so typical of your style—full of hyperbole, misrepresentation of what people are saying, and mis-characterization of their motives.

I did not "threaten" Kermit with defamation; I suggested that he provide evidence for a statement that appeared defamatory without it.

I have not been "hounding" him for retractions: I stated once that he consider retracting his accusation, if he was unable to provide evidence.

And I did not state that LR was "whiter than white".

I don't live in the hyper-negative, black-and-white, mud-slinging, blame-apportioning, knee-jerk, attention-grabbing world you seem to inhabit. As you state correctly, "we don't know all the ins and outs". I would go further and say we know virtually nothing of what goes on behind the scenes. And even if we did know a lot, it would still be difficult—even presumptuous—to make snap judgments.

As a supporter of SFC (one whom you like to characterize as a "happy-clappy"), I don't see the point—or wisdom—of constantly insulting and demeaning the manager, ridiculing the chairman, abusing the owner, and scapegoating out-of-form players. Especially when it is based mostly on rumour and specualtion. If you do feel the need to criticize, then that's fine, but it can be done without misrepresentation, insult and invective.

This is the most sensible thing I have ever read on these pages, and mirrors my thoughts exactly. People are referred to as "happy clappy" as if being positive about your team all of the time is an insult. Positivity breeds positivity which can only be good for the team. Negativity does the exact opposite and only serves to worsen the situation.

This is the most sensible thing I have ever read on these pages, and mirrors my thoughts exactly. People are referred to as "happy clappy" as if being positive about your team all of the time is an insult. Positivity breeds positivity which can only be good for the team. Negativity does the exact opposite and only serves to worsen the situation.

We are on a message board though. People should be allowed to discuss their opinion be it positive or not. There are a couple of blatant trolls on this board but other than them I see a lot of people moaning about positivity or negativity. If everyone had the same opinion, this board would fold.

We are on a message board though. People should be allowed to discuss their opinion be it positive or not. There are a couple of blatant trolls on this board but other than them I see a lot of people moaning about positivity or negativity. If everyone had the same opinion, this board would fold.

I agree, but I didn't say people were not allowed their own opinion. My comment about negativity is more aimed at Saints fans in general who cannot fathom that the constant negativity will not help improve results.

I agree, but I didn't say people were not allowed their own opinion. My comment about negativity is more aimed at Saints fans in general who cannot fathom that the constant negativity will not help improve results.

Yeah fair enough mate.

Absolutely certain it wasn't given that Pardew was manager at the time.

Was it ever confirmed that he was sacked for having an affair with Jose's missus?

I know these where the rumors at the time, but have never heard if it was true or not.