Spin Master Reed

Batman

people believe it. That is them issue. What about the incredible money from TV and other avenues that other clubs spend?

Wages on players and staff.

Let's take 25 players and include the manager in that. Would you say it's reasonable to say their average wage is £40,000 a week? Possibly even a conservative estimate given the amount of contract extensions last summer.

That £40,000 a week times by 25 equals to £52million right off the bat. Add bonuses on top of that plus the fact we have a hell of a lot more staff than 25! Our wage bill across the entire club is probably over £60million a year. Isn't that what we received in TV money last season?

EDIT: In fact, after a quick check our wage bill for just players was £80million last year, our TV revenue £84million. £114million turnover, £80million on wage bill leaving £34million...and we've spent at least £32million every summer since we got promoted.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Edited by Saint_clark

Wages on players and staff.

Let's take 25 players and include the manager in that. Would you say it's reasonable to say their average wage is £40,000 a week? Possibly even a conservative estimate given the amount of contract extensions last summer.

That £40,000 a week times by 25 equals to £52million right off the bat. Add bonuses on top of that plus the fact we have a hell of a lot more staff than 25! Our wage bill across the entire club is probably over £60million a year. Isn't that what we received in TV money last season?

EDIT: In fact, after a quick check our wage bill for just players was £80million last year, our TV revenue £84million. £114million turnover, £80million on wage bill leaving £34million...and we've spent at least £32million every summer since we got promoted.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Wrong.

Our wage bill wasn't £80m; it was £72m. And this is the wage bill for the entire club from Les right down to the lowliest tea lady; not the first team squad/playing staff.

Edited by shurlock

Thankfully the tide is turning and many more are seeing you for the annoying little turd that you undoubtedly are. When you only have soggy as a lone supporter (and even then it's only because he has an obsession with me) then you know you have problems. Hopefully the mods will do us all a favour and ban you

Edited by hypochondriac

Thankfully the tide is turning and many more are seeing you for the annoying little turd that you undoubtedly are. When you only have soggy as a lone supporter (and even then it's only because he has an obsession with me) then you know you have problems. Hopefully the mods will do us all a favour and ban you

So i am not tempted to describe on here what sort of fool you are i will put you on ignore,

asking modds to ban someone, what a drip

You are still a very sad individual hypo. You were the one with obsession and used to follow me around on other threads as Fry's wingman. You are now picking on Always. If you remember I told Always that YOU were like herpes, impossible to get rid of. I see you are now using that jibe on someone else, as ever, showing a complete lack of self awareness!

Can't believe it's taken this long for some people to see through this man,so it for himself and would sell his soul to the devil if it would save himself, You really need to lose this man he's like a cancer to the club
in life you see people get top top jobs and just don't see why, They just seem to know how and who to suck up to. IMO Reed is one of those and I suspect a horrible man to work under. Arrogant smug and full of himself

in life you see people get top top jobs and just don't see why, They just seem to know how and who to suck up to. IMO Reed is one of those and I suspect a horrible man to work under. Arrogant smug and full of himself

What on earth are you basing this on? People get weird about football executives.

Or, you don't know the first thing about him.

Are we talking about Les Reed?

Funny because I have a lot of respect for him. He always take the time to talk to me, remembers my name and has given me some really good career advice.

Do many of you know what you're talking about?

Yeah but yeah but Steven Gerrard.

Really don't understand why some people get like hyena's when something goes a little bit wrong, ripping and tearing at anything they can. Just makes the whole situation seem much worse and much more dramatic than it really is. Is it just the millennial attitude? Demanding success instantly without recognition that hardwork and time are neccessary, then kicking off at 'authority' because they didn't get exactly what they wanted immediately?

Person I know who works for the club has dealings with him and said he's really nice but let's not go on people who have met him, let's go on our suspicions and call him a horrible little man. :rolleyes:

I've met Les a couple of times, nothing major just has 5 minute chat, always come across as a nice bloke and seemed like had the time to stop and have a chat which can't be said about all footballers or people within the game.

He does keep his cards close to his chest and I generally took everything he said with a pinch of salt.

I've not heard a bad word against him from people I know who work at the club. It will come as no surprise that this is not the case for Cortese, who, from what I've been told, pretty much ruled by fear.

• 2 weeks later...

We are 4 games without a league win. Aside from that we are doing good. We just got 8 million for a player that had his head up his arsenal and was making mistakes the last 2 seasons.

We have a manager who doesn't seem set to leave for better things.

We are on the lookout for a striker but won't panic buy

We have no debt

I just remembered this isn't the positivity thread

Feel free to shoot me down in flames but I'm much happier than I was before les got involved in the club.

It's called business. If he went in offering £20m straight away as the first offer, Napoli would raise the price to £25m. Start off low and work towards the middle.

Napoli won't want to be paying his wages whilst he's not even in the squad, so even though Saints need a striker they're in arguably a better position. Get it done, but on our terms.

We are 4 games without a league win. Aside from that we are doing good. We just got 8 million for a player that had his head up his arsenal and was making mistakes the last 2 seasons.

We have a manager who doesn't seem set to leave for better things.

We are on the lookout for a striker but won't panic buy

We have no debt

I just remembered this isn't the positivity thread

Feel free to shoot me down in flames but I'm much happier than I was before les got involved in the club.

To be fair, I’m as positive as most but that is easy to pick apart. We’re not doing well, we’ve lost four in a row, we’re 14th in the league and knocked out of Europe. I don’t consider that doing well. It’s certainly not an absolute meltdown as some are saying, but it’s certainly not good either.

Why are people now trying to make out that Jose was this error-prone centre half and we’ve carried him for the last 2 years? He was one of our best CB’s, one of the best in the league and we will miss that. He has not been making mistakes for the last 2 years.

This month is certainly going to be a pivotal time.

To be fair, I’m as positive as most but that is easy to pick apart. We’re not doing well, we’ve lost four in a row, we’re 14th in the league and knocked out of Europe. I don’t consider that doing well. It’s certainly not an absolute meltdown as some are saying, but it’s certainly not good either.

Why are people now trying to make out that Jose was this error-prone centre half and we’ve carried him for the last 2 years? He was one of our best CB’s, one of the best in the league and we will miss that. He has not been making mistakes for the last 2 years.

Don't forget, Lallana wasn't that good when he left.

Neither was Wanyama. Apparently a liability and Romeu is better.

And apparently we mugged off Liverpool with Mane. Apparently.

Oh and Boruc isn't a patch on Forster. Apparently.

Van Dijk will be rated average when he leaves.

Same rubbish on here, basically.

So he signs for Napoli 2 years ago for £10m and for some reason has doubled in value while not being able to get a start.

If Serie A is where we are going, I'd rather Immobile, but guess he wouldn't move so soon after signing for Lazio.

So he signs for Napoli 2 years ago for £10m and for some reason has doubled in value while not being able to get a start.

If Serie A is where we are going, I'd rather Immobile, but guess he wouldn't move so soon after signing for Lazio.

Have a feeling someone called Immobile definitely won't move

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen him play a few times this season as I go to Lazio games when I can. I think immobile is a good player and having a decent season. He could do a job for us but I can't see him leaving anytime soon as he is becoming a fan favourite. As for Manolo I don't rate him at all. £20m for him would be well over what he is worth Imo. Arkadiusz Milik cost around that and he is miles better.

Don't forget, Lallana wasn't that good when he left.

Neither was Wanyama. Apparently a liability and Romeu is better.

And apparently we mugged off Liverpool with Mane. Apparently.

Oh and Boruc isn't a patch on Forster. Apparently.

Van Dijk will be rated average when he leaves.

Same rubbish on here, basically.

Cedric better than clyne too and poch didn't have a plan b lol.

Agree with you about Jose. His loss is a shame but he is getting a bit long in the tooth so it's sad but all good things come to an end. Also agree with you that we're not exactly in meltdown territory.

Don't forget that this is the first season since 1979 when we've still been in both domestic cup competitions in January. Furthermore if we could actually finish we would still undoubtedly be in Europe and would be a fair few places up the league than we currently are. However our current run of form is concerning and needs to be turned around tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

More Utter horse shyt from reed

This transfer window

Lets recap on his bizarre bullshyt.

We have the best midfield options in the whole country

I am comfortable with Clyne's contract situation

NO bids for Shaw have been received or welcome

NO bids for Lallana have been received

I am comfortable with Wanyama's contract situation

I am comfortable with Ronald's contract situation

Black is a first class coach with international experience

I am comfortable with Mauricio's contract situation

We will take legal action against Athletico Madrid

we aim to be challenging for Champions League within 5 years

We plan a transfer window ahead, have 3 players lined up in all positions for all eventualities

I will not even consider a bid for fonte unless the price is right and we are in a position to bring someone in

everything we do with player recruitment is planned and on our terms

claude is the future of the club

Leicester copied our model to win the league

there must be a lot more of his lies that I have missed

Edited by Batman

Key thing is that during the last two windows, we haven't had Cortese blowing smoke up people's behinds or telling them we'd be playing Champions League in a 50k seater stadium soon, or a football legend like Ronald to help get deals across the line. Probably a good thing as both those people mentioned above weren't a reflection of who we as a club can afford to be or have ambition to be. We've signed some decent players, some will move on as soon as they come good, some won't work. Any spin from the club worthy of the word spin is when we look at the players coming through the academy, many of whom aren't showing themselves to be good enough for a top half team with ambitions of regular European football. Most of us have been watching football long enough to realise that.

Key thing is that during the last two windows, we haven't had Cortese blowing smoke up people's behinds or telling them we'd be playing Champions League in a 50k seater stadium soon, or a football legend like Ronald to help get deals across the line. Probably a good thing as both those people mentioned above weren't a reflection of who we as a club can afford to be or have ambition to be. We've signed some decent players, some will move on as soon as they come good, some won't work. Any spin from the club worthy of the word spin is when we look at the players coming through the academy, many of whom aren't showing themselves to be good enough for a top half team with ambitions of regular European football. Most of us have been watching football long enough to realise that.

Such a stupid post.