Redmond best young player in the PL...apparently

sydneysaint17

I like him. He's good. But he does seem to often get to the corner of the penalty box and then lose direction, faff around without giving a killer ball. Sort that part of his game out and he will be very good. He's not frightened at running at people, much in the same way as Tadic, but he is quicker.

As I say, I like him. He is of course not the finished article.

I like him. He's good. But he does seem to often get to the corner of the penalty box and then lose direction, faff around without giving a killer ball. Sort that part of his game out and he will be very good. He's not frightened at running at people, much in the same way as Tadic, but he is quicker.

I was talking to a friend last night about how decent Wanyama is in the Spurs team, and perhaps as he is now around better players who do something when he passes to them it helps and the same will go for Redmond once weve got our big profit on him

I was talking to a friend last night about how decent Wanyama is in the Spurs team, and perhaps as he is now around better players who do something when he passes to them it helps and the same will go for Redmond once weve got our big profit on him

Yep players are always better when they`ve gone... course they are.. :rolleyes:

Redmond is s h ite so we wont get anything for him but that`s what you want isnt it, crap players no one wants

Redmond is s h ite so we wont get anything for him but that`s what you want isnt it, crap players no one wants

well as we keep selling our best players eventually thats what we will get. The players are not better when they are gone but have better around them, funnily enough a lot of the good players belonged to us in the first place. You go on defending the club selling the jewels with no questions asked.

well as we keep selling our best players eventually thats what we will get. The players are not better when they are gone but have better around them, funnily enough a lot of the good players belonged to us in the first place. You go on defending the club selling the jewels with no questions asked.

I`m not, i just understand how it is unlike you it seems..

I don`t like to see good players leave at all but understand good players often want to move on to bigger things but as i said before,

lets get poor players in and then no one will want them, that will do the trick wont it?

Well perhaps people from the outside looking in have not such a negative view of him.

I think we are a better side with him in the team

Exactly

Since the start of the season MOTD have done 2 pieces on him, where their pundits have highlighted what a good player he is. Hector Bellerin has named him as one of his most difficult opponents , putting him in his side alongside Sterling, Courtino & Costa . Yet the experts on here claim he's not even premiership standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly

Since the start of the season MOTD have done 2 pieces on him, where their pundits have highlighted what a good player he is. Hector Bellerin has named him as one of his most difficult opponents , putting him in his side alongside Sterling, Courtino & Costa . Yet the experts on here claim he's not even premiership standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have experts on here? please enlighten

I see what you're saying, but unfortunately the part of his game you're highlighting is also the most important & difficult to improve. If hard work was enough to to turn you into a creative, incisive passer then presumably there'd be a lot more of them around.

This shows what stonking hypocrites fans are when they whine about about players choosing to leave the club. They can slag off players all they want if they don't think they're any good but they'll scream like a big girly if a players they rate chooses to leave. Loyalty should be a 2 way street. A player having a hard time should expect support unless they clearly have no interest. That cannot be said about Redmond.

Redmond is decent. The reason people complain about him is that he's still raw, and he gets on the ball a hell of a lot, and can make more mistakes. But he is also very direct, good at running at players, takes multiple players away etc.

There are many criticisms to be had of Redmond but his work rate is incredibly high and he never gives up on the field.

If he works that hard on the training ground on improving his ability then he'll be a top player for us.

Redmond has been nowhere near as bad as some make out on here.

we complain that players don't have passion and then when they show it ,that is bad.

Nowhere near the finished article, but why should he be at 21/22? Redmond or Andros ****ing Townsend. I know which one I'd rather have.

People have enormous expectations of our young players.

Glad I'm not the only one that see this for what it is.

Too many knee jerks on here with no patience or understanding.

Lots of talent and can make things happen, but at the moment he is struggling.

One issues is that he has no left foot at all, so when played left wing he constantly stops and comes inside when he reaches the byeline. Opponents have spotted this and his unwillingness to use his swinger ever to keep fullbacks honest means they are there before he is when he does come inside.

He seems to be the whipping boy. Things are not going well, but it's not all his fault. It's not as though Tadic or Long have pulled any trees up either.

Lots of talent and can make things happen, but at the moment he is struggling.

One issues is that he has no left foot at all, so when played left wing he constantly stops and comes inside when he reaches the byeline. Opponents have spotted this and his unwillingness to use his swinger ever to keep fullbacks honest means they are there before he is when he does come inside.

He seems to be the whipping boy. Things are not going well, but it's not all his fault. It's not as though Tadic or Long have pulled any trees up either.

Yeh great measured post.

I didn't see the game (first one I've missed this season) but I heard he looked good when he came on?

The fact that many Saints fans still believe him to be Mane's replacement hasn't helped. In reality, he's replaced Juanmi as our "young attacking midfielder with potential" so in comparison, he's a huge upgrade. Shame that the real Mane replacement has gone off to the AFCON, just started to look like he was getting the pace of the league.

The fact that many Saints fans still believe him to be Mane's replacement hasn't helped. In reality, he's replaced Juanmi as our "young attacking midfielder with potential" so in comparison, he's a huge upgrade. Shame that the real Mane replacement has gone off to the AFCON, just started to look like he was getting the pace of the league.

While you are correct, the comparison is inevitable. On one level he is Mane's replacement as he has become our main source of pace.

Except that Redmond has become a regular starter with a pivotal attacking role and a striker tag flung round his neck - Juanmi rarely saw the light of day.

Is he better than the 22yo Raheem Sterling? Or the 20yo Dele Alli?

I think he is talking about the best summer signing for a young player because clearly you are right in what you are saying

Best youngster: Nathan Redmond (Southampton)

He's another great signing. He's done great at Southampton and when he's not in the team they're a different side, which we saw when he was suspended.