Norwich 2 Saints 2 - Reaction

St Chalet

Massive overhaul of midfield and attack needed. Just not good enough.......midfield doesn't score, strike force don't score. Only our defenders can put the ball in the net.

We can blame Puel for a lot but he has been dealt a crap hand by having midfielders who can't score and strikers who can't score. Long is abysmal this year.

And that is not his fault.

Massive overhaul of midfield and attack needed. Just not good enough.......midfield doesn't score, strike force don't score. Only our defenders can put the ball in the net.

We can blame Puel for a lot but he has been dealt a crap hand by having midfielders who can't score and strikers who can't score. Long is abysmal this year.

We've got the best pool of midfielders in the Prem according to Les

We definitely need an attacking midfielder. All of our midfielders are too conservative.

According to Dave and Big Adam, Saints bossed the game and again fail to pull out a win. I'm a little concerned about our defending at set pieces, and we do seem to have problems defending a lead, lately. Still, it's a home replay against Norwich so it's not the end of the world. We certainly got a better result than Bournemouth...

This my Norwich-supporting wife's birthday today, and that's her present sorted. A replay is a worse result than a loss. An extra game is what we didn't need.

Still in it though, I guess. Might think differently in May if we're at Wembley.

Haven't won a 3rd round cup match and the first attempt for ages. Drew 1-1 at home to Ipswich, lost in Round 3 last season and a draw today

Not the end of the world, but a shame we couldn't see the game out.

Liverpool should be fun...

I fear that Liverpool will be a bloodbath. Hope I'm wrong.

Useless bunch of c^nts.

No backbone, or mental strength when it matters.

Other teams come to SMS and effectively 'park the bus' for 90 minutes and shut us out, we can't see out 4 minutes to half time at home to WBA or see out the injury time against Norwich.

Edited by Badger

Batman - why don't you f**k off and support Swansea, Palace, Stoke or Everton....you know those teams you said we should be trying to emulate?

When was the last time you had anything positive to say about Saints.

Can you not see that this is not all down to Puel? He has been dealt a crap hand by having players who have reverted to crap (Long and JWP amongst them) and we badly, really badly, need attacking reinforcements that might actually be able to play better than Sunday League players.

When he has some of his players in then we can judge Puel more fully. Yes this season has been dull as so far - but sounds like they played better (more attacking) than recently which is a positive.

I'll be there. Some of us aren't just there in fair weather

Thankfully all clubs have die-hards who will go through thick and thin but the commercial need for Saints, and all clubs, is to get additional support. Unless we turn things around then crowds will start slipping for sure. I would expect a pretty low crowd for this replay.

Is it really asking too much to expect our forward players to stick the ball in the f*coming net from time to time?

Yet another game where Long does nothing. How much longer do we have to put up with him? Get rid I say.

Eventually it'll dawn on somebody it might be worth playing Rodriguez and Long. five players in front of the back four can't buy a goal yet we only play one striker mostly not down the middle. Again although I didn't see it but listened to the commentary trying to defend a lead with everybody back is a nonsense as it's impossible to clear the ball.

Why do we still have replays in this competition. Like anybody wants to watch 3 hours plus of teams like Saints and Norwich reserves.

Meh, whatever.

They should allow teams to nominate whether they want a replay. If both teams nominate 'no', then the game is settled in ET and Pens.

No confidence but then who can blame them after 3 defeats in a row. At least we didn't lose.

Perhaps this is something developed and built on from on the training ground. I've been a supporter of Puel to give him time etc, but clearly something is wrong at the club at the moment.