Liverpool EFL Cup Semi First Leg Buildup

St Chalet

if we keep them at nil and get a shot on target in each half, THAT would be progress

cannot believe people said a 0-0 (with no shot on target) was a positive a while ago.

seriously, 1-3 to liverpool

If you could stop posting the bit about shots on target every few minutes, that would expect progress

If you could stop posting the bit about shots on target every few minutes, that would expect progress

If you stopped having a go at everyone that isn't positive about the team, that would be progress.

As others have pointed out, perhaps debate the points rather than continually moaning about other posters or maybe even produce an original opinion?

Have a ticket, but its 5 hours round trip travel and day off work, plus travel etc.

Would you guys still go?

I went to Villa Park in 1963 I think it was for a FA Cup Semi Final v Man U who were crap just like us.

But Denis Law had a touch of brilliance and we lost was not happy but always remember the goal from one of Scotland's all time greats.

Football is not always about winning it is about the occasion the ground I have been to all of the top grounds but never Anfield and heard the KOP

I would go you will remember the game for the rest of your life especially if we win

I went to Villa Park in 1963 I think it was for a FA Cup Semi Final v Man U who were crap just like us.

But Denis Law had a touch of brilliance and we lost was not happy but always remember the goal from one of Scotland's all time greats.

Football is not always about winning it is about the occasion the ground I have been to all of the top grounds but never Anfield and heard the KOP

I would go you will remember the game for the rest of your life especially if we win

I've been to Anfield about 4 times and still haven't heard the kop

As others have pointed out, perhaps debate the points rather than continually moaning about other posters or maybe even produce an original opinion?

I do post opinions but resist the urge to post the same thing on repeat unlike the serial "woah is me" crew so maybe you

could also ask those individuals to post something original too... just a thought

Fixtures coming thick and fast. I predict:

Forster

Cedric

VVD

Fonte

Bertrand

Romeu

Davis

Cassie

Tadic

JRod

Redmond

Subs Lewis, Stephens, Yoshida, JWP, Hoijberg, Long, McQueen

Sounds about right. Not sure Clasie and Jrod have played themselves into contention; but we have little else.

Keep a clean sheet and anything's possible. A lot will depend on the team Klopp fields, but I can't imagine him going too easy on this. The star attackers will at least be on the bench in case things aren't going their way, so we've got to keep our tempo up and not let them seize the initiative (if they ever lost it in the first place!)

Couldn't be less up for a semi final.

Up the Saints

Still plenty of seats available at the Chapel end, quite sad really we should be absolutely buzzing for this raring to get at them and give 'em a game but despite the cheap tickets there's a huge amount of apathy amongst our fan base.

I kind of get that after so many fixtures already this season with disappointment of Europe and Christmas period but even so there is reason to be hopeful, I've seen Liverpool have some shocking defending this season the Bournemouth game in particular stands out plus they will have one eye on Man Utd game. Matip, Henderson, Sturrridge and Courtinho may all be injured plus Mane is away. Let's go for it, I didn't expect us to win at Arsenal so you never know our name might be on the cup.

Still plenty of seats available at the Chapel end, quite sad really we should be absolutely buzzing for this raring to get at them and give 'em a game but despite the cheap tickets there's a huge amount of apathy amongst our fan base.

I kind of get that after so many fixtures already this season with disappointment of Europe and Christmas period but even so there is reason to be hopeful, I've seen Liverpool have some shocking defending this season the Bournemouth game in particular stands out plus they will have one eye on Man Utd game. Matip, Henderson, Sturrridge and Courtinho may all be injured plus Mane is away. Let's go for it, I didn't expect us to win at Arsenal so you never know our name might be on the cup.

Yeah fckers won't miss an end of season mid-table meaningless PL game against Stoke cos that's like the premier league and everything. But cup semis pah it ain't the PL is it.

Don't get it myself although get we ain't playing great and the optimism and feel good factor is very low

I have no intention whatsoever of paying good money to watch us get torn apart by Liverpool.

Playing like we are, expect another game like The one against Spurs - ineffective midfield, non-existent strikers and a clueless manager flapping his arms on the sidelines while they have loads of time with the ball and spend the game camped in our half.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get anything from this game wants their head looking at. I would absolutely love to be proved wrong but I can't see it happening.

Breaks me to say it, but I can't see us getting anything from this leg. Never know with the cup, but it's going to be a monumental challenge.

I went to the Brentford/Eastleigh game today in the away end and despite being outplayed and outgunned, the Eastleigh boys (and most of them were just that) never stopped singing and supporting the side. Even after being 5-1 down at HT. Need that mentality from our fans this week. Support the players, sing loudly and proudly and let's see what happens.

I have no intention whatsoever of paying good money to watch us get torn apart by Liverpool.

Playing like we are, expect another game like The one against Spurs - ineffective midfield, non-existent strikers and a clueless manager flapping his arms on the sidelines while they have loads of time with the ball and spend the game camped in our half.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get anything from this game wants their head looking at. I would absolutely love to be proved wrong but I can't see it happening.

Got to love the sorry lot that have to put 'loved to be proved wrong'

Your post shows you to be the worst sort of supporter. Just watch X factor or something.

It's still a semi final, which we've got to by beating three other Premier League teams, I'd put the argument to you that a genuine Saints fans would be desperate to be there but perhaps we're better off without your negativity and that good money of yours remaining in your pocket.

watching West Ham last night, I thought I do hope we are not humiliated on national TV like last season!!!

I do hope the Nivea man doesn't come and rub our nose in it.

Football often surprises but over 2 legs may be asking a lot

Edited by OldNick

I have absolutely no idea why you are Saints supporter if you do not want to get involved when things go wrong

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

To me you are a failure as a Saints supporter and as someone wrote perhaps we're better off without your negativity .

We are not a ****e team but a young team going through a bad patch and like all bad patches will end with success that is football it is a funny old gamete

I must admit I'm apprehensive about how this will go and even if we get a decent result I'm sure they'll just role out the big guns at Anfield and get whatever result they need.

However there is no way I would miss this no matter how slim our chances. It's a ****ing cup semi final !Hopefully it will be payback for 31 years ago at White Hart Lane.

I'm not a fan of Puel's but we've all got to be 100% behind Saints squad and manager for this one to give ourselves the best chance of success.

I have absolutely no idea why you are Saints supporter if you do not want to get involved when things go wrong

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

To me you are a failure as a Saints supporter and as someone wrote perhaps we're better off without your negativity .

We are not a ****e team but a young team going through a bad patch and like all bad patches will end with success that is football it is a funny old gamete

Whilst I understand your sentiments I don't think you can point at a football fan and make quotes by Martin Luther King. Its 22 men kicking a ball of air around, not fighting racism.

watching West Ham last night, I thought I do hope we are not humiliated on national TV like last season!!!

I do hope the Nivea man doesn't come and rub our nose in it.

Football often surprises but over 2 legs may be asking a lot

Every single time he has come back to St Mary's, he's bottled it. Not one good performance from his personally, even if the team smashed us, he's always gone missing.