FA Cup Replay

Toomer

Why is kingsland not for sale, I want to buy my seat that I hold for my season ticket ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damned annoying isn't it? The club do this every time and lose out on sales to their loyal supporters. The problem is that the Kingsland concourse cannot be partitioned into smaller sections. I can only suggest that you petition the ticket office yourself and the more that do so the better. For the Sunderland game we ended up sitting low down in the Chapel staring at an empty Kingsland stand and our empty seats in the middle of it. Utter madness.

Damned annoying isn't it? The club do this every time and lose out on sales to their loyal supporters. The problem is that the Kingsland concourse cannot be partitioned into smaller sections. I can only suggest that you petition the ticket office yourself and the more that do so the better. For the Sunderland game we ended up sitting low down in the Chapel staring at an empty Kingsland stand and our empty seats in the middle of it. Utter madness.

In my mind a season ticket should be just that, a ticket for all games regardless of the competition! If I can't sit where I like to sit I don't go , simple !

I don't mind paying an extra £12 but don't want to be dictated where to sit.

Does it matter that much? A seat is a seat, just go and watch the game.

It's not madness to shut a stand because it saves money on stewards, catering staff etc etc. The Kingsland is the obvious one to shut because it has a long concourse. They'll still save money despite a few people not going because they can't sit in their own seat.

There are no sh*t seats at St Mary's. Just some which have a dull atmosphere and others which have an even worse atmosphere.

Can't see why sitting in a different seat would put someone off going. This isn't like Loftus Road, where you can spend £43 to look at the back of an air-con unit.

There are no sh*t seats at St Mary's. Just some which have a dull atmosphere and others which have an even worse atmosphere.

Can't see why sitting in a different seat would put someone off going. This isn't like Loftus Road, where you can spend £43 to look at the back of an air-con unit.

Yes there are. A few years ago I sat low down at the Chapel end of the Itchen staring along the running track behind the goal. Couldn't see a thing. If you're not in your usual seat it's like being at an away game.

I would gladly pay a lot more to sit in my usual seat, halfway up on the halfway line.

Yes there are. A few years ago I sat low down at the Chapel end of the Itchen staring along the running track behind the goal. Couldn't see a thing. If you're not in your usual seat it's like being at an away game.

I would gladly pay a lot more to sit in my usual seat, halfway up on the halfway line.

The first 2 or 3 rows will offer reduced depth perception, granted but the choice won't be anywhere near that limited. It it was, they'd probably open the Kingsland.

The first 2 or 3 rows will offer reduced depth perception, granted but the choice won't be anywhere near that limited. It it was, they'd probably open the Kingsland.

I was further back than that but wherever I have sat near the corners it's been a pretty sh1t view compared to our habitual one. It's a self-fulfilling decision, close the stand in expectation of a small attendance and you'll get what you expect.

Agreed about the away game feeling!

I've bought a ticket directly opposite where I normally sit, same block, same row, same seat but in the Itchen rather than the Kingsland !

Not ideal as I won't see my friends etc. but I can live with it as I understand the reasoning !

Right now there are seats galore available, so best to do it soon otherwise (as happened to me last time) you'll end up with a crappy seat somewhere you really don't fancy !

Buy one in the centre of the Itchen, they are all £12.

How does that work if all the Itchen STs like me take up their seats? There are no spare seats in the Itchen centre.

People like Lastman73 end up having to take the left overs in the other 3 stands which usually means in a very poor position and which is grossly unfair. Who can blame him if he decides he's not prepared to accept second best.

ST holders buy their seats for a very good reason, to secure a decent viewing position that suits them for every game.

Been on the grand tour of the stadium for the League Cup, Low in the Northam for Palace had a great view of Austins pen, sat low in the Chapel for the Sunderland game, if the net hadn't been there Boufals goal would have ended up in my mush before I would have had a chance to react...... feeling slightly uneasy for the semi as I have my usual seat!!

If the stand is closed have an adventure and buy a seat now in another stand that you might fancy trying for a different view.

Come off it.

Couldn't buy mine in the Itchen Centre, was told that they were all sold out. In fact they are "unavailable" and not sold out according to the colour code,also told the ticket office that I tried to book the seat immediately I had the email so it was impossible to sale every seat in that space of time. We pay premium prices for season tickets, no concessions at all but for this match there are apparently no reserved seats. I can live with it but don't like the porkies, rather told the truth.

I'm guessing they want to fill out the rest of the ground and have the only empty stand as the one that isn't facing the cameras.

(assuming it's filmed/broadcast). There will be some financial/image reason as to why they've done it. Personally I think they'd be better off just opening the whole thing, try and spread the atmosphere a bit rather than having one silent stand (that isn't the Chapel).

Come off it.

Look, if you don't agree that's fine by me but just say so. I state my point of view, you state yours. You might not think the same way but there are plenty of others who do. Part of the matchday experience is the social side of it, the opportunity to sit with the same group and discuss the match, the team and other aspects of life in general. There is a group where I sit who were all sitting together in the Upper East Stand at The Dell. I stand by wht I wrote. Even Roy Keane understands as much when he was talking about Tottenham playing at Wembley and West ham adjusting to their new home.

Look, if you don't agree that's fine by me but just say so. I state my point of view, you state yours. You might not think the same way but there are plenty of others who do. Part of the matchday experience is the social side of it, the opportunity to sit with the same group and discuss the match, the team and other aspects of life in general. There is a group where I sit who were all sitting together in the Upper East Stand at The Dell. I stand by wht I wrote. Even Roy Keane understands as much when he was talking about Tottenham playing at Wembley and West ham adjusting to their new home.

Each to their own, though I'd hardly call moving to a different stand for one game being comparable to Spurs playing games at Wembley!

I tend to welcome the occasional move of seats, as it gets me away from the lanky helmet who spends the entire game sat next to his sister catching up on the weeks events.

I'm guessing they want to fill out the rest of the ground and have the only empty stand as the one that isn't facing the cameras.

(assuming it's filmed/broadcast). There will be some financial/image reason as to why they've done it. Personally I think they'd be better off just opening the whole thing, try and spread the atmosphere a bit rather than having one silent stand (that isn't the Chapel).

I have discussed it with them previously and received these separate replies:

"We apologise for any upset caused by the Kingsland stand not being open for this fixture. The decision was made based on the attendance on that previous cup round vs Crystal Palace. Due to this attendance it was not viable for us to open this stand, as we would need more staff, for security reasons and financial. As always we never intend to upset or cause frustration to our Supporters as their attendance and ongoing Support is what our club thrives on."

and...

"The chapel was opened prior to Kingsland as this is a smaller stand and makes sense to open this first.The Itchen stand is and always will be opened fist as this is at the front of the stadium and in direct link to the Ticket Office staff so that if there were for any reason any issue we are able to access Supporters a lot quicker. This is also due to the Players entering the pitch via the dugout which is also on the Itchen side."

For the Sunderland game we reached the situation where the ground (ex Kingsland) was very nearly sold out a couple of days before the match I don't know what would have happened had there been a large walkup crowd on the evening itself. Subsequent press reports referred to Saints' fans showing little interest in the game because we only sold 21,460 tickets. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2057229/southampton-vs-sunderland-empty-stand-at-the-efl-cup-clash-shows-that-maybe-fans-stayed-at-home-to-watch-great-british-bake-off-final/

I get that. I don't see why you can't do that in a different part of the ground though? And I can't see how it would feel like an away game.

For what's it worth, I think it's a little petty closing the stand but I can see why they do it; particularly as we now seem to have such a shallow, whingeing, pathetic fan-base full of moaners that we can't even sell out a cheap cup semi final.

What will make the whole thing most like an away game is if home fans don't come, or do come and spend the whole evening moaning into their flasks.

I get that. I don't see why you can't do that in a different part of the ground though? And I can't see how it would feel like an away game.

For what's it worth, I think it's a little petty closing the stand but I can see why they do it; particularly as we now seem to have such a shallow, whingeing, pathetic fan-base full of moaners that we can't even sell out a cheap cup semi final.

What will make the whole thing most like an away game is if home fans don't come, or do come and spend the whole evening moaning into their flasks.

You will never get a local group of STs to get another group of tickets in another part of the ground, it's not practicable especially as the club sell tickets randomly. Then there are those who have been caught out before where the club release the tickets on a stand by stand basis, the Kingsland being the last. If they buy a seat elsewhere they then firn that 'their' seat has been sold to some Johnny-come-lately.

We could have sold out the Sunderland game but you can't sell tickets for a stand that has been closed.

This is a straightforward business matter. This is a professional club that makes money by asking customers to pay to see the team perform and they are not going to do that by closing a large part of the ground.

How does that work if all the Itchen STs like me take up their seats? There are no spare seats in the Itchen centre.

People like Lastman73 end up having to take the left overs in the other 3 stands which usually means in a very poor position and which is grossly unfair. Who can blame him if he decides he's not prepared to accept second best.

ST holders buy their seats for a very good reason, to secure a decent viewing position that suits them for every game.

My point exactly !! Glad someone else out there thinks straight !!

You will never get a local group of STs to get another group of tickets in another part of the ground, it's not practicable especially as the club sell tickets randomly. Then there are those who have been caught out before where the club release the tickets on a stand by stand basis, the Kingsland being the last. If they buy a seat elsewhere they then firn that 'their' seat has been sold to some Johnny-come-lately.

We could have sold out the Sunderland game but you can't sell tickets for a stand that has been closed.

This is a straightforward business matter. This is a professional club that makes money by asking customers to pay to see the team perform and they are not going to do that by closing a large part of the ground.

Heartily agree with you. I would say the majority of the Kingsland stand are some of the longest standing season ticket holders. I was one of those who moved en masse from the Upper East Stand at the Dell. We all meet up at the match, and enjoying the banter is all part of supporting Saints. At the Sunderland game I ended up queuing for ages with thousands of people trying to get in before kick-off because nobody knew where they were going and had to find the correct turnstile. Queues were so long people didn't know if they were waiting in the right line.

This time I've booked seats opposite my season ticket, but I notice that 1 block was already unavailable, even though it had just gone on sale. However, looking over to the Itchen centre during the Sunderland game, there were several hundred empty seats in prime positions. Very annoying!