Saints 1 Liverpool 0 - Meltdown Thread

St Chalet

MotM vs Liverpool (LC SF 1st Leg H)  

415 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (LC SF 1st Leg H)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Clasie
    • Romeu
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Rodriguez
    • Højbjerg
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse

A bit late to this thread but ITS THE INTERNET AND I HAVE AN OPINION

One thing I don't get is where this performance came from - so very different to previous performances recently. Still room for improvement but most of everything we tried worked.

I said it on several threads on Facebook and I'll say it - happy to be proved wrong. I honestly thought we were going to get stuffed by Liverpool.

I hope we can carry this on both into the league and at anfield (if they pull it back there's several plastic scousers I know that will go from merely annoying to absolutely insufferable)

Ref was dire.

I'm wondering if that annoying fan in the kingsland usually sits in the family stand. I have the misfortune to be in front of a guy who really thinks he should be managing at PL level. Every time the opposition get in the box he says 'that's it, goal to them'

I'll be changing seats next season

It seemed to stem from an awful referee decision. We were garbage the first 15 minutes and then the ref missed a stonewall foul, the crowd and players got a bit more up for it and it seemed to go from there.

Blocks 121 - 123 have not yet been available to buy online

As sales before last night had been slow they are proably wating to see if section 124 - 129 sell out (still loads avaialble in Blocks 127 - 129 in particular at the moment) before making them avaiable to Saints fans

2r3yszo.jpg

Block 124 is sold out and no longer showing and both 125 and 126 only have a couple of seats left in each so will be gone shortly. Block 127 is about half sold so they'll probably release 122 and 123 soon as the other blocks for Saints fans are tucked up either end in the corners. The only problem being, I can see Liverpool may have said we can send back 121-123 if Saints decide not to put them up for sale (home fans in the usual away fans bit). Hopefully tickets will now continue selling fast and we can use up the full allocation.

need to sell this out to be fair,it may be on a Wednesday night but we r 90= mins away from a final.

every saints supporter should get off their arse and get up to anfield and give the lads the vocal backing they deserve.

sadly we probably will not achieve a sell out but I bet those who don't go will want their ticket if we make the final.

up the f'ing saints

Yeah, terrible view from there. I had the added problem of the glare from the lower floodlights at the other end. They're so far away that they're at a very shallow angle. Across the pitch from my higher seats they are not good but nowhere bad as these were.

You ought to try going to away games with an ambulant/disabled person - apart from Chelsea the view practically everywhere is 50% the back of an advertising hoarding and 10 % stewards.

You ought to try going to away games with an ambulant/disabled person - apart from Chelsea the view practically everywhere is 50% the back of an advertising hoarding and 10 % stewards.

I noticed more disabled people in the front row when I was lower down, which I hadn't really noticed before - felt sorry for their poor view. Do we not use the 'cut out' bits of the stadium anymore? I'm not sure what else to call them, but halfway up the stands, the red boxes if you like? Or are they more expensive?

I noticed more disabled people in the front row when I was lower down, which I hadn't really noticed before - felt sorry for their poor view. Do we not use the 'cut out' bits of the stadium anymore? I'm not sure what else to call them, but halfway up the stands, the red boxes if you like? Or are they more expensive?

We do have platforms in the Chapel (and away section) but I don't know if we use them, most of the wheelchair users I've seen are in Block 8/9-ish at the front. But my point is mostly about away games, it doesn't matter where you go, ambulant seats are either next to the chairs or as near to the exits as possible which is useless when you almost always have to walk up steps to get into the seating areas... At Man U we could see some steps so we took the disabled entrance, they wasted half an hour of our time shunting us around the innards of Old Trafford, three different assistants... then we ended up at the bottom of the steps anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by The9

need to sell this out to be fair,it may be on a Wednesday night but we r 90= mins away from a final.

every saints supporter should get off their arse and get up to anfield and give the lads the vocal backing they deserve.

sadly we probably will not achieve a sell out but I bet those who don't go will want their ticket if we make the final.

up the f'ing saints

Wha's likely happen is section 127 will sell out in the next couple of days then it'll slow up as fans will wait for 122 and 123 to be released rather than buy in the end bits. The club will have to then make a decision and commit to paying for 121-123 or give them back to Liverpool. If they decide we won't sell many more because sales have slowed they won't take the chance of landing seriously out of pocket and send them back. LFC will sell them easily.

Then you'll get Saints fans clamouring for tickets moaning why didn't the club take the full allocation. Our fans seem to be prone to leaving these sort of things to the last minute..

2r3yszo.jpg

Block 124 is sold out and no longer showing and both 125 and 126 only have a couple of seats left in each so will be gone shortly. Block 127 is about half sold so they'll probably release 122 and 123 soon as the other blocks for Saints fans are tucked up either end in the corners. The only problem being, I can see Liverpool may have said we can send back 121-123 if Saints decide not to put them up for sale (home fans in the usual away fans bit). Hopefully tickets will now continue selling fast and we can use up the full allocation.

Blocks 121-123 are already on sale to home fans so they'll have the usual "away area" of the Anfield Rd lower.

We've got a few left in block 127 but plenty left in 128/129 I think we're going to struggle to sell that regardless even with us sending back tickets. Quite a poor effort from us overall, not sure what blocks 124-129 = for capacity but hope we do have up there is proper and gets behind the team unlike the quiet away support we've had most of this season.

124-129 = just over 3,000, depending on where they put any segregation. With the game still over a week away hopefully we'll shift what's remaining. May need a strong performance next weekend. Shame, first semi-final in years and such a lack of enthusiasm for both legs. Something badly gone pop.

124-129 = just over 3,000, depending on where they put any segregation. With the game still over a week away hopefully we'll shift what's remaining. May need a strong performance next weekend. Shame, first semi-final in years and such a lack of enthusiasm for both legs. Something badly gone pop.

Agreed I think the Euro disappointment this season has made fans reluctant to pay for more expensive midweek trips just to be let down again. Even still I've been surprised by the lack of interest in both legs.

If we do somehow get through to the final it would not surprise me if they give Man Utd a bigger allocation than us as they have x3 number of season ticket holders.