The new bobby stokes ??

Lastman73

Ok so we are one efl game away from a final at Wembley against Manchester United (unless a real upset happens but not likely).

I was too young to go to the FA cup final in 76, but if (when) we make it, who will be our new Bobby ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he gets 4 absolutely nailed on to score golden opportunities then possibly Redmond. He wouldn't have scored Bobby's goal though he'd take too many touches.

I feel bad for slating him because he did play very well last night but if he'd tucked one of those others away this would be a much more realistic thread.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If he gets 4 absolutely nailed on to score golden opportunities then possibly Redmond. He wouldn't have scored Bobby's goal though he'd take too many touches.

I feel bad for slating him because he did play very well last night but if he'd tucked one of those others away this would be a much more realistic thread.

Don't feel too bad, I agree with what you say. He had a good game last night probably even his best yet? Still a few too many mistakes though with ball control, if he could iron these out he could be an awesome player !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at Redmond as more a new 'Terry Curran' last night. The best thing he did was score the winner in the home semi-final in 79. We drew the away 2-2 and made the final...

JWP definately

Ward-Prowse.

Both skates tbf.

He was never my cup of tea - glad he'd scored the winner at Wembley though ��

When Saints did the open top bus tour the day after, they stuck a mic under Stokesie's nose for a few words and he just said "I'm off the list..."

That goal, and what a beauty it was, may have given him a bit of a lifeline at Saints. Turned out to be a good few days for him as he was given the keys to a brand new car for scoring the Wembley winner before Channon's Testimonial on the Monday. He couldn't even drive!