Four Four Two reveal the most creative teams so far this season

baggytrousers

Garbage in, garbage out.

Are you referring to your keyboard there ?

As for the stats there's not much doubting them. They're simple counts of chances, crosses and passes in the final third. Not much that could go wrong with that process and the resulting tables.

Much rather trust the official data (and the evidence of my own eyes) over pre-formed opinions from posters with an agenda.

Fact is that Saints aren't quite as boring this season as many posters on here would have us believe.

Saw somewhere that we average 4 shots on target per game (League) and this surprised me as I recall 0 vs. Liverpool, 1 vs. Spurs, 0 vs. Chelsea and 1 against Palace

Then I saw we had 17 against Burnley and 14 against WHU, so the average is about right but doesn’t really give a true reflection of us over 20 league games

No doubting we have looked good and attacked well at times (Burnley, WHU, AFCB) but we also have far too many games where we struggle to get 2 shots on target all game.

As for the stats there's not much doubting them. They're simple counts of chances, crosses and passes in the final third. Not much that could go wrong with that process and the resulting tables.

Much rather trust the official data (and the evidence of my own eyes) over pre-formed opinions from posters with an agenda.

Fact is that Saints aren't quite as boring this season as many posters on here would have us believe.

Ignore him , i do until i have the misfortune to read a post where he has been quoted but having seen it he has described his posting content very well.

Nope we are not as bad as described on here but some will never accept that as it doesnt fit the agendas.

Not the point pal. It's whether these inputs are adequate proxies or measures for the things we care about. For instance, why should anyone care about no. of passes in the opponent's half -if all those passes are in front of the defence and mean we slow down play? In this case, the number maybe correct but also be consistent with a diametrically opposed conclusion.

Edited by shurlock

Saw somewhere that we average 4 shots on target per game (League) and this surprised me as I recall 0 vs. Liverpool, 1 vs. Spurs, 0 vs. Chelsea and 1 against Palace

Then I saw we had 17 against Burnley and 14 against WHU, so the average is about right but doesn’t really give a true reflection of us over 20 league games

No doubting we have looked good and attacked well at times (Burnley, WHU, AFCB) but we also have far too many games where we struggle to get 2 shots on target all game.

You are aware of what the concept of an average is, right?

You are aware of what the concept of an average is, right?

Yep and that's why any serious analysis won't just look at the average (mean); but also measures such as standard deviation (how much spread there is around the mean), a further reason why amateur pieces like this article should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Edited by shurlock

Just bears out what most people on here are saying though - we can keep the ball, we can create - but we can not finish.

[saints Shopping List - 1 x Striker] (who knows where the back of the net is.)

Its hard to finish when we will have 1 player in the box.

I'll come back to West Brom as an example. When it was 0-0 in their first half, long had the ball in the corner flag. The entire west brom team was in 2 banks across their box, our entire outfield team was in their half.... and we had no players in the west brom box for long to cross to.

So after working the ball into the corner flag, and getting himself a crossing opportunity, there was no one challenging in the box, no movement, no runs etc. Totally pointless attacking with that outlook - We just leave ourselves open to soft counter attacks.

Not the point pal. It's whether these inputs are adequate proxies or measures for the things we care about. For instance, why should anyone care about no. of passes in the opponent's half -if all those passes are in front of the defence and mean we slow down play? In this case, the number maybe correct but also be consistent with a diametrically opposed conclusion.

th?&id=OIP.M60efbecb839f87d2afb98133915e1088o1&w=300&h=218&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

You are aware of what the concept of a troll is, right? ;)

If only you had some influence on here.... :)

You would have to be a pretty sad individual to be influenced by anyone on this forum !!

Or in life for that matter.

Be a shepherd!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk