Burnley vs Saints Match Thread

InvictaSaint

We aren't going down, there is some utter garbage in this league. 35 points will probably be enough for safety, so basically 3 wins and 3 draws.

It'll be a dull mid table affair but we aren't going down. Same as 4 wins and clean sheets in a row won't bring us Champions League football.

Good lord, we're hanging on at burnley for a 1-0 loss.

How far have we fallen.

Its the same players as the last few years, there is no excuse for this ****.

1 cup win (which should have been a lot better, i.e 3-0) and the clappers think they can say "told you so" to the rest of us. Fact is, today is what saints are these days.

Knew that would happen. We played really well and controlled the game (as we have most of the season) and yet could not score in a brothel. Chance after chance wasted (as ever).

Unfortunately Redmond and Tadic are absolutely godawful. Awful mistake by Romeu and Forster just terrible.

This is not on Puel any longer - they played really well on the most part today - this is on the club. It is painfully clear we need better attacking options and yet nothing. I feel sorry for Puel - he has been bad;ly let down by the club

This!

You are a prize t**T. This is nothing to do with Puel: they have played well but the finishing is awful. This is on the club not strengthening where everyone knows we need strengthening.

Until we can start taking chances we are going to struggle.

We've still got Long, who Koeman got 13 goals out of last season. Puel has made him worse.

We aren't going down, there is some utter garbage in this league. 35 points will probably be enough for safety, so basically 3 wins and 3 draws.

It'll be a dull mid table affair but we aren't going down. Same as 4 wins and clean sheets in a row won't bring us Champions League football.

Complacency personified.

not sure even if we won today there would be much to play for in the league?

If we had gone on a run similar to last season then there would be. Our season pretty much hangs on getting to the league cup final now. If we fail to do that then this whole season has been a complete failure and those culpable should face the consequences.

If we had gone on a run similar to last season then there would be. Our season pretty much hangs on getting to the league cup final now. If we fail to do that then this whole season has been a complete failure and those culpable should face the consequences.

Agreed not even out of our Europa League group.

I feel we're attacking from too far out. By that I mean our 'final ball' isn't from the edge of the box, but from 30 yards out. No real chance for strikers from that.

Well saved Heaton. JWP unlucky again from the rebound.

Was it JWP or Sims? I thought it was Sims... Either way I'm not sure they could have done much more with the shot. Shame they had Heaton in goal instead of Forster.

We have a pair of **** centre-forwards in Shane Long and Jay Rodriguez, neither of whom are Premiership standard.

Jay is, was and will be again if he can get a decent run in the side.

Long apparently "isn't that kind of player" so not scoring from open play all season isn't cause for concern.

Lost the game in exactly the same way as usual. One quality strike game over. 90 minutes of huffing and puffing, lack of attacking ability, silly mistakes across the park, lack of composure from most of our attacking players. We can't seem to get up for any games other than the top 6. Ah well, eventually it will be fixed and improve we just have to accept it and ride this season out by winning some of our home games.

Two 1-0 losses in a row to Burnley, both goals in the 78th minute I think. The pattern of that defeat was all too predictable I'm afraid. The longer it goes 0-0 the more likely the the opposition is going to nick one, when we couldn't score in a ****ing brothel and our keeper does **** all except pick the ball out of the net.

We didn't really deserve to lose that game.

A couple of super saves from their keeper stopped us. We played better than we did against West Brom or Everton.

Leicester game is must win though

How many games before you give in and decide this manager and setup isn't working? Serious question.