Norwich build up thread

southbourne saint

The last thing either team wants is extra time. So I suggest a gentlemen's agreement that if a team is winning with 10 minutes left, the losing team throws in the towel. None of this 92nd minute equaliser nonsense. If no one is winning with 10 minutes left, both teams agree to sub their goalies for an outfield player.

BTW, any chance there will be a dodgy stream tomorrow?

----------------Lewis---------------

Martina Stephens Virgil McQueen

----------------Reed---------------

-------Hojbjerg----JWP-----------

Sims--------------------------Tadic

----------------Long-----------------

So short in the attacking areas :(

Lewis

MartinaYoshidaFonteMcQueen

Reed Hoj JWp

Sims Redmond

Me

Make Fonte play and earn a crust and I'll go up top because I can probably not score just like our other forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis

MartinaYoshidaFonteMcQueen

Reed Hoj JWp

Sims Redmond

Me

Make Fonte play and earn a crust and I'll go up top because I can probably not score just like our other forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am excited by this "Me" we have signed - I knew Les would not let us down, thank the Lord

No noncing about with this rotation business I don't want to be reading stories about players not being fit enough..... They are paid thousands of pounds a week that is a feeble excuse! man up! you bunch of wet tarts I want to see some attacking play and some goals not much to ask is it....

No noncing about with this rotation business I don't want to be reading stories about players not being fit enough..... They are paid thousands of pounds a week that is a feeble excuse! man up! you bunch of wet tarts I want to see some attacking play and some goals not much to ask is it....

Incredible that some still consider that money earnt is directly related to energy levels !

Strange IMHO !

Hopefully the likes of Stephens, Hesketh, Reed & Sims will get starts.

Forster

Martina Stephens Van Dijk, Mcqueen

Davis, Romeu, Clasie

Sims Jrod, Hesketh

Davis is out (injured) and VvD has a niggle, so probably Reed and Yoshida in for those two.

Hope we go strong for tonight.

Cup is now our best hope for europe and I wouldn't want us to put all eggs in one EFL basket.

With 6 sides fighting for the league this season the FA cup is up for grabs fo sho

Would love a trip back to Milan or even South of France next season.... COYS

As much as anything I want to see some pressing, a high line and positive football. I don't want to see 9 players strung out in two lines across our penalty area...

we are playing a depleted Norwich side and should play to win convincingly..

I do expect rotation tonight but not wholesale in the league games.

Even bloody Lincoln City can run flat out closing down for 90mins and so should we able to do this as a Premier League outfit or should that be 'unfit' .....

As much as anything I want to see some pressing, a high line and positive football. I don't want to see 9 players strung out in two lines across our penalty area...

we are playing a depleted Norwich side and should play to win convincingly..

I do expect rotation tonight but not wholesale in the league games.

Even bloody Lincoln City can run flat out closing down for 90mins and so should we able to do this as a Premier League outfit or should that be 'unfit' ..... ��

This. We should be fielding a lot of well rested experienced players who should be busting a gut for the entire game trying to push their way back or into the 1st team and make an impression. Sims, McQueen, Hesketh (although recently returned from injury so maybe not), Stephens, Martina, Long, Reed. All of this lot should show some desire and energy tonight.

Hope we go strong for tonight.

Cup is now our best hope for europe and I wouldn't want us to put all eggs in one EFL basket.

With 6 sides fighting for the league this season the FA cup is up for grabs fo sho

Would love a trip back to Milan or even South of France next season.... COYS

Can you see us beating Arsenal in the next round though?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Play full strength team, possibly pick up major injuries in a (relative to our season) meaningless game, Puel out. Play weakened team, too many changes, Puel out.

This is a good chance for the kids, at home, as favourites. Win and face Arsenal in the next round.

We beat Arsenal away in the League Cup with a mix of first team and some youth. #shortmemory

They had their 3rd team out, to be fair.

As this wouldn't be a midweek fixture and they seem to favor the FA cup, I would have though they would play a stronger side.

We beat Arsenal away in the League Cup with a mix of first team and some youth. #shortmemory

I'm fully aware of that. I've simply asked the question to Heisen, I haven't actually stated my opinion. I believe we can beat them in the cup

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They had their 3rd team out, to be fair.

As this wouldn't be a midweek fixture and they seem to favor the FA cup, I would have though they would play a stronger side.

That's not really true though is it... Maybe missing their best 4 or 5 players, but they still played Gabriel, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka, Ox, Ramsey and Iwobi for large parts of the match, and all of those make either the first team or bench every week. I agree that they'll probably field a slightly stronger team for the FA cup game, but to say we only beat their 3rd team is a bit harsh.

He'll play the kids , What do you recon the turn out will be ? I'm going under 15k!

Not sure how many Norwich are bringing but as of yesterday we had only sold about 10k home end seats, really low turn out despite the "affordable football" £12 tickets. Not sure if it would have made much difference but should have just done £10 and £1 for kids.

i'm sure we'll sell a few more today and walk up, 14k attendance i reckon with whole Kingsland and family stand closed.

Norwich are putting on free coaches for their fans but doubt that will be a good enough incentive for them.

That's not really true though is it... Maybe missing their best 4 or 5 players, but they still played Gabriel, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka, Ox, Ramsey and Iwobi for large parts of the match, and all of those make either the first team or bench every week. I agree that they'll probably field a slightly stronger team for the FA cup game, but to say we only beat their 3rd team is a bit harsh.

Doesn't really matter, they had some dire players on the pitch, like Reine-Adelaide and a team is only as good as it's weakest link, young keeper was pretty awful as well.

Two scratch teams of youth players & misfits, played before a small and uninterested crowd. Should be a fkn classic! Magic of FA Cup. I'm not much scared of the Canaries tho, Canaries are chickens. Comfortable win for the Saints youth, I would think!

FT: SAINTS 0 - 0 NARCH

ET: SAINTS 0 - 0 NARCH

PENS: SAINTS 1 - 0 NARCH (Lewis)

Saints march on!

Two scratch teams of youth players & misfits, played before a small and uninterested crowd. Should be a fkn classic! Magic of FA Cup. I'm not much scared of the Canaries tho, Canaries are chickens. Comfortable win for the Saints youth, I would think!

FT: SAINTS 0 - 0 NARCH

ET: SAINTS 0 - 0 NARCH

PENS: SAINTS 1 - 0 NARCH (Lewis)

Saints march on!

You back here Bear? Sotonians too tame for you then .

You back here Bear? Sotonians too tame for you then .

hi windows i missed you too! Sotonians is good site srs, but they are having a bit of a witch hunt against peados at the moment, so I have taken myself our of the way for the Time Being.

hi windows i missed you too! Sotonians is good site srs, but they are having a bit of a witch hunt against peados at the moment, so I have taken myself our of the way for the Time Being.

Nothing like a good witch hunt to pass away the winter. I remember the police knocking at the door when I was living in Broadstone

asking questions about a badger strangling witch coven on the Heath.

Edited by Window Cleaner

First game tonight since the Royal Oak closed that I've been able to have a couple of pre-match pints. (As wasn't drinking last time.) Where's a good pub on the South side of the stadium? Chapel Arms? Standing Order? Or should we just aim for the stadium and drink there? (Usually park in Eastgate) I miss the Oak for pre-match atmosphere. :-(

Suggestions please!

Hopefully the likes of Stephens, Hesketh, Reed & Sims will get starts.

Forster

Martina Stephens Van Dijk, Mcqueen

Davis, Romeu, Clasie

Sims Jrod, Hesketh

Roll up, roll up. Nearly time for this weeks SFC Team Tombola. Get that drum spinning Claude and pick out the lucky winners.

First game tonight since the Royal Oak closed that I've been able to have a couple of pre-match pints. (As wasn't drinking last time.) Where's a good pub on the South side of the stadium? Chapel Arms? Standing Order? Or should we just aim for the stadium and drink there? (Usually park in Eastgate) I miss the Oak for pre-match atmosphere. :-(

Suggestions please!

Big fan of The Platform - and then get the "special bus" to the stadium, just in time for KO!

Quality range of crazy beers. Yes, it's a different kind of pre-match atmos, but equally as good as any beery pish-up pub.

Nothing like a good witch hunt to pass away the winter. I remember the police knocking at the door when I was living in Broadstone

asking questions about a badger strangling witch coven on the Heath.

Badger strangling witch coven! Now there's an internet forum group that I would pay a fiver to join!!