If not Puel, then who..

SKD

Seems like there is a divide between fans on if they think Puel is the right man for the job, so thought it'd be a good idea to raise some potential replacements if the club do pull the trigger.

This is not a thread aimed at discussing whether you think Puel should / shouldn't be sacked and more at if he was to go, then who would you like to replace him.

For me I'd like to see one of the following:

Unai Emery (top pick & I think we should go all out to get him) - Struggling at PSG but no chance of him joining us until he leaves PSG.

Marcelo Bielsa - Done a great job at Bilbo (arguably a similar club to us), currently unemployed and would, I would hope, see us playing attacking exciting football again. However having looked at his last two clubs (Marseille & Lazio) i'm not too sure he'd hang about or buy into our strategy of selling best players and replacing with potential.

Roberto Mancini - Knows the league and done well at City. However would imagine he's too much of a character and not the 'yes man' Les is after.

Manuel Pellegrini - Currently managing in China but I think he was under appreciated at city and by looking at them this year, it shows he did an alright job. Maybe in hindsight he was the man we should have gone for? Not sure he suits the style of manger / coach we go for however.

If we are to go British, I'd be looking at either Mark Warburton or Gary Rowett - But both would be a massive gamble given they've not proven themselves at the top level and never coached in the PL.

Avoid

Eddie Howe (just seems like the right man at the right club, not sure on his ability tbh) Frank De Boer (same as Howe, realistically anyone can win the league with Ajax and he's failed in Europe & at Inter), or an ex united old boy Giggs & Neville ect...

I would like to think that the club have their eye on the next potential manager and i'm sure it'll be someone left field that the majority haven't heard of.

Seems like there is a divide between fans on if they think Puel is the right man for the job, so thought it'd be a good idea to raise some potential replacements if the club do pull the trigger.

This is not a thread aimed at discussing whether you think Puel should / shouldn't be sacked and more at if he was to go, then who would you like to replace him.

For me I'd like to see one of the following:

Unai Emery (top pick & I think we should go all out to get him) - Struggling at PSG but no chance of him joining us until he leaves PSG.

Marcelo Bielsa - Done a great job at Bilbo (arguably a similar club to us), currently unemployed and would, I would hope, see us playing attacking exciting football again. However having looked at his last two clubs (Marseille & Lazio) i'm not too sure he'd hang about or buy into our strategy of selling best players and replacing with potential.

Roberto Mancini - Knows the league and done well at City. However would imagine he's too much of a character and not the 'yes man' Les is after.

Manuel Pellegrini - Currently managing in China but I think he was under appreciated at city and by looking at them this year, it shows he did an alright job. Maybe in hindsight he was the man we should have gone for? Not sure he suits the style of manger / coach we go for however.

If we are to go British, I'd be looking at either Mark Warburton or Gary Rowett - But both would be a massive gamble given they've not proven themselves at the top level and never coached in the PL.

Avoid

Eddie Howe (just seems like the right man at the right club, not sure on his ability tbh) Frank De Boer (same as Howe, realistically anyone can win the league with Ajax and he's failed in Europe & at Inter), or an ex united old boy Giggs & Neville ect...

I would like to think that the club have their eye on the next potential manager and i'm sure it'll be someone left field that the majority haven't heard of.

Gary monk for me plays good football and done well with swansea look what they have done since he was sacked

Claude Puel. He's the only one I want.

You better shape up,

'Cause you're the only one,

And my heart is set on you

You better shape up,

You better understand,

To my heart I must be true.

Puel you're the one that I want.

(You are the one I want)

Oh, oh, oh. Honey.

The one that I want.

(You are the one I want want)

Oh, oh, oh. Honey.

The one that I want

(You are the one I want want)

Oh, oh, oh.

The one I need.

Oh, yes indeed.

I was speaking to a former player today who still has a contact in the club. I'll be very careful with how I word this due to libel. It was said that Puel has had his hands tied as far as selection and tactics goes. The players aren't a particularly happy bunch as they know something is amiss with the senior management of the club. It would appear, as some on here have surmised, that there is some dishonesty from certain areas. Let's just say that the captain wasn't initially in the wrong. Also, Eric Black isn't the problem. Not especially well liked by some, but not the issue at the training ground. The players like and respect Puel, however, the manager is as unenthused by the way we are being made to play as the players are. His only fault, reading between the lines is that he has allowed himself to become a puppet. He also said, we won't get relegated, but if things continue as they are, we will struggle to match the previous 3 seasons as all of our teams are in the bottom half of their respective tables, with no stand out performers in any team. The academy has some good players, but the standard is not high enough to sustain the current business model, which also supports what Koeman alluded to last season. Something needs to change, but not where we think it does.

This isn't a WUM post, no agenda (I have splinters in my are so am neither a wetter or clapper), just passing on the details of a chat with a respected former player

I was speaking to a former player today who still has a contact in the club. I'll be very careful with how I word this due to libel. It was said that Puel has had his hands tied as far as selection and tactics goes. The players aren't a particularly happy bunch as they know something is amiss with the senior management of the club. It would appear, as some on here have surmised, that there is some dishonesty from certain areas. Let's just say that the captain wasn't initially in the wrong. Also, Eric Black isn't the problem. Not especially well liked by some, but not the issue at the training ground. The players like and respect Puel, however, the manager is as unenthused by the way we are being made to play as the players are. His only fault, reading between the lines is that he has allowed himself to become a puppet. He also said, we won't get relegated, but if things continue as they are, we will struggle to match the previous 3 seasons as all of our teams are in the bottom half of their respective tables, with no stand out performers in any team. The academy has some good players, but the standard is not high enough to sustain the current business model, which also supports what Koeman alluded to last season. Something needs to change, but not where we think it does.

This isn't a WUM post, no agenda (I have splinters in my are so am neither a wetter or clapper), just passing on the details of a chat with a respected former player

I seriously doubt that our manager has his hands tied as far as tactics and selections are concerned...

I posted the below after hearing Reed talk earlier this month - if you recall the interview with Gary Neville last year too...... Reed spoke about it being the end of the gaffer era and how he was in charge of everything at the club.

He basically can't sack Puel or he will need to sack himself.... Puel is simply the front man for Reeds "showcase" club and is playing out Reeds system and style AND Reeds rotation policy

He can't critise Puel for ANYTHING as its ALL Reeds idea.

Puel was essentially hired as he was the most submissive candidate - Reed is calling all the shots he says that himself..... " I’m basically responsible for everything to do with football at the club from the top to the bottom."

Thats why he always plays down the "manager" talk. They are just coaches.... Just here to coach

Puel is just the puppet and is simply here to coach players - the style, the rotation policies, the transfers, the "vision", thats all Reed.

I think we are safe this season but I worry about next if Puel is still in the hot seat, we can expect to be plundered again this summer as I have said if Puel is still in place will he be able to attract the quality of players that is required.

De Boer. Or Hoddle

Can I ask why Hoddle who hasn't done anything bar be a pundit for many years. How many positions have there been where he has been overlooked?

I thought Pellegrini was right in the summer and that hasn't changed.

Our academy isn't as good as it could be and he would have given us space until next crop are ready.

He played Inneacho ? so gives them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we were to make a change then Roger Schmidt (I wanted him before he went to Leverkusen when Poch left) or Emery, decent chance neither will be at their current clubs in the summer. Don't think Nagelsmann, Hasenhüttl, Favre or Dardai would be interested. Definitely not anyone from these islands.

If we were to make a change then Roger Schmidt (I wanted him before he went to Leverkusen when Poch left) or Emery, decent chance neither will be at their current clubs in the summer. Don't think Nagelsmann, Hasenhüttl, Favre or Dardai would be interested. Definitely not anyone from these islands.

Age 29, I'm not sure the club would entrust the role to him.

I do wonder though if perhaps its the DoF or Sporting Director role that needs to be upgraded with a younger version, as someone pointed out on another thread yesterday Reed is 65 later this year. Reading an article about the Red Bull franchise (Leipzig in particular), and Rangnick appears to have overseen a pretty impressive growth and scouting there.