Krueger Speaks

Batman

We are 3 players different to last season's team.

Is...

- Austin really inferior to Pelle

- Boufal really inferior to Mane

- Romeu really inferior to Wanyama

???

Boufal hasn't played enough for any Saints fan to justify him not being as useful as Mane. Romeu is having a superb season as first choice and Austin was the pre-emptive replacement for Pelle and is our top scorer.

What you have confirmed now is that our squad in the second half of the season is weaker than the squad we have now.

We had AUSTIN, PELLE, ROMEU AND WANYAMA last season, yet now we only have two of them without replacement

Do not bring Redmond into this, because Puel would have likely given Juanmi a game a week anyway, and Jay Rod still isn't 100% anyway.

Anyways, as for Krueger's comments: not a surprise. However, when we sell, can we be more stubborn about it and sell a lot later? At least, don't release bu**sh*t articles please?!?! We were told that Mane would not go for less than £40m, yet he gets sold at £33m. Also why do we sell so so early- why not make clubs wait until September or deadline day- another extra months wages only costs about £200k-£300k: selling late means that player doesn't get proper pre season with his new club to learn new methods etc

I don't mind selling to big clubs, it means we have done well- but recruitment needs to be 100% on and it is a high risk strategy, one we will have to live with.

Finally, with quotes of us receiving £60m for VVD, would not surprise me if we sold for £35m at the start of June.

What you have confirmed now is that our squad in the second half of the season is weaker than the squad we have now.

We had AUSTIN, PELLE, ROMEU AND WANYAMA last season, yet now we only have two of them without replacement

Do not bring Redmond into this, because Puel would have likely given Juanmi a game a week anyway, and Jay Rod still isn't 100% anyway.

Anyways, as for Krueger's comments: not a surprise. However, when we sell, can we be more stubborn about it and sell a lot later? At least, don't release bu**sh*t articles please?!?! We were told that Mane would not go for less than £40m, yet he gets sold at £33m. Also why do we sell so so early- why not make clubs wait until September or deadline day- another extra months wages only costs about £200k-£300k: selling late means that player doesn't get proper pre season with his new club to learn new methods etc

I don't mind selling to big clubs, it means we have done well- but recruitment needs to be 100% on and it is a high risk strategy, one we will have to live with.

Finally, with quotes of us receiving £60m for VVD, would not surprise me if we sold for £35m at the start of June.

You're not happy with 33 million pounds?

*sigh*

I am Puel in but you do have to say if Koeman stayed and we had still recruited the same 'replacements' we would probably be in a better position than we are at the moment... Puel has come in and changed the style of play, which will take time for players to understand, get used to and gel, and I do believe it will all start to click when he gets another pre season under his belt. However, if the club had kept Koeman there would be continuity, no change in the style of the play, so nothing to really unsettle the players, making it hard, in my opinion, to judge Puel's first season against Koeman's last

Right. We live in an age that requires instant gratification.

Yes, this.

Its clear KL is getting her money out. Her attack dog has just hung a "For Sale" sign around the neck of all of our players, and we are massively in the surplus over the last year of transfer activity.

They are taking a calculated risk that the brand will not be significantly damaged by the time she decides she has recouped enough and a buyer will still be interested. They must be praying for this cup win.

Last summer was as good as it will get, its clear. Seems to me we are now in Lowe territory. Nothing has changed.

Wonder where we would be if Markus and NC were still about...

Wow ... wow!

"When I started, we were a comparatively small club. In the revenue ranking of the clubs, we were ranked 63rd in the world. Today we are ranked 17th.”

default_eusa_naughty.gif Naughty boy Ralph, most of that comes from the massive increase in Sky revenues.

He's obviously updated the CV and primed the interview patter recently, ready for the off - somewhere in Ralphland this exists as PowerPoint show stopper just after his invention of the hotdog torpedo...

Krueger says he has to make transfer policy clear to fans.............

2016/17 - Mane, Wanyama, Pelle

2015/16 - Morgan, Clyne

2014/15 - Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert

Thanks Ralph I think we got it :rolleyes:

Add a decent goalkeeper to that and you a top 6 eleven - when all in their prime.

Boruc

Shaw, Lovren, Chambers, Clyne

Lallana Morgan Wanyama Mane

Lambert Pelle

(Maybe more relevant thread for this post)

Funny how when we are doing badly the players get evaluated as not good enough for the league but yet last season many of the same players were apparently evaluated as good enough for the prem. It isn't the players, it is the tactics behind them (both on the pitch and in the boardroom) that has been wrong this season.

The real trauma of the club failing to capitalise on the success of the last few years and in failing to appoint an exciting football approach is the loss of support from youth. In the millennial age of immediate reward and instant gratification there is no time for Sports entertainment businesses to rest on their laurels. If Saints execs do not regularly provide a product that excites and delivers enjoyable competitive football then they will quickly lose generations of our youngest supporters who are weened to buy a product and then expect immediate entertainment, success, glory, and big image branding all over their favorite social sites.

Yes it sucks but this is the reality of modern and evolving culture. The club either move with it or fall behind.

Edit: Also should note that the players we hope to attract/keep at any given point are also part of the same millennial mindset; instant success and reward for as little effort as possible because they are special... problem with these guys in football is that their special snowflake complex is reinforced.

Edited by Mallagroth

So make a player see out his contract when he doesn't want to stay? Similar to Payet? Bonkers. If a player wants to leave there is nothing a club can do. It never ends well. Best you can hope for is you get another season out of them, like we generally do. I don't understand why our fans can grasp this.

OK but you are missing one key point. Why has it become inevitable now that good players want to leave two years after signing. There is something rotten in the State of Saints FC that quickly turns players off and wishing they were elsewhere.

It can't be the empty trophy cabinet as they will know that when they sign on and proudly show off their new shirts. Methinks more likely Kreuger speaks with a very forked tongue. In the media he is always spouting positive spin mostly aimed at fans and other gullible audiences who want to hear what they want to hear but inside the club something very different must be going on which quickly makes players regret they ever came here. Until this is addressed and corrected the revolving door syndrome will continue unabated.

OK but you are missing one key point. Why has it become inevitable now that good players want to leave two years after signing. There is something rotten in the State of Saints FC that quickly turns players off and wishing they were elsewhere.

It can't be the empty trophy cabinet as they will know that when they sign on and proudly show off their new shirts. Methinks more likely Kreuger speaks with a very forked tongue. In the media he is always spouting positive spin mostly aimed at fans and other gullible audiences who want to hear what they want to hear but inside the club something very different must be going on which quickly makes players regret they ever came here. Until this is addressed and corrected the revolving door syndrome will continue unabated.

Drivel.

Victor and Virgil spent two years at Celtic before they wished they were elsewhere and signed for us. Must be something rotten in the state of Celtic.

Sadio - two years at Salzberg before he wished he was elsewhere. Must be something rotten in the state of Red Bull.

Pelle - two years at Feyenood. Must be something rotten in the state of Noord.

Players on a career trajectory want to progress to a new club. Who'd have thought of such a thing.

If you can find any evidence, anywhere for any of our players even intimating that they "regret they ever came here" then bring it on. But you won't because they don't.

I think you hear what you want to hear, which is unfounded muddled conspiro-garbage in your head.

The absolute dumbest thing about this interview - and the thing that has annoyed me most - is Ralph thinking the way to 'make our policy clear to fans' of an English club, is to do so in a German football magazine interview.

You've got a corporate website, an active social media presence and numerous other channels. If you feel you really need to make it clear to us, be a man, grow a pair, use the website or a fans forum, spell it out, tell it straight.

I'll assume you're a moron and therefore incapable of reading the audited club accounts or are you another of those who believes, again due to being a moron, that the owner, without a shred of evidence, is taking money out of the club?

Calling me a moron is unnecessary, rude and the language of somebody who is inarticulate! I can read accounts, by the way I am in business, have a Masters degree and manners!

At no point did I accuse anybody of anything. I merely asked why we appear to behave differently from our peers.

yours is a frustration that i have mentioned a few times in the last few seasons. The playoff final is always trumpetted as the most valuable match in the world as it opens the door to the PL riches. Well we got into that club (without the play off game of course)and have sold th family silver since.

You will be directed to the accounts and told that we have made no money. Well I cant be bothered to read through the accounts and truthfully its not my profession and so would miss the important bits if they were hidden away.

If we need to survive by sellig 30m players then our business plan is rubbish and clubs of a similar size in our league must be bankrupt.

You are right. By the way most accountants try to minimise profits on paper to reduce corporation tax. Declaring too much profit is stupid unless you want to pay dividens.

The Romeu better than Wanyama momentum gathering on this thread and others is laughable. Wanyama kept him out of the side for pretty much all of last season and he wouldn't get in the spurs side ahead of him either.

I think if Wanyama was in our squad in its current state he wouldn't get in the spurs team today either. Romeu has looked good in a **** season, he could either be even better with a better team or he could just be a polished turd in a toilet bowl. I will say that he looked very good against Liverpool and some of the harder working teams we've played.

It's going to be hard for anyone to definitively say either way until something changes.

(Maybe more relevant thread for this post)

Funny how when we are doing badly the players get evaluated as not good enough for the league but yet last season many of the same players were apparently evaluated as good enough for the prem. It isn't the players, it is the tactics behind them (both on the pitch and in the boardroom) that has been wrong this season.

The real trauma of the club failing to capitalise on the success of the last few years and in failing to appoint an exciting football approach is the loss of support from youth. In the millennial age of immediate reward and instant gratification there is no time for Sports entertainment businesses to rest on their laurels. If Saints execs do not regularly provide a product that excites and delivers enjoyable competitive football then they will quickly lose generations of our youngest supporters who are weened to buy a product and then expect immediate entertainment, success, glory, and big image branding all over their favorite social sites.

Yes it sucks but this is the reality of modern and evolving culture. The club either move with it or fall behind.

Edit: Also should note that the players we hope to attract/keep at any given point are also part of the same millennial mindset; instant success and reward for as little effort as possible because they are special... problem with these guys in football is that their special snowflake complex is reinforced.

Well said indeed. I disagree only insofar as PEH is concerned: not all 'yoof' are quite the same. Perhaps it's because he's Danish, but it's probably because his parents kept him grounded.

The Romeu better than Wanyama momentum gathering on this thread and others is laughable. Wanyama kept him out of the side for pretty much all of last season and he wouldn't get in the spurs side ahead of him either.

Wanyama always played part of a 2 man defensive midfield Romeu does the same job for the most part on his own , Wanyama doesn't have the discipline to do it on his own imo he'd be carded every game!