Krueger Speaks

Batman

MLG showing why he's pound for pound the top wum on here.

Glasgow watch and learn.

#masterclass

The win vs Liverpool really dented Heisen's confidence for a bit but he's returning to form after the loss at Burnley. I'd say Heisen is to WUMing what Pelle is to football; can go off the boil but needs a bit of confidence. MLG is more like Lambert, very consistent, reliable and will step it up if need be.

We had a great chance by being in EL.

It was not outside the realms of possibility that we could have won that tournament, given the attitude towards it by other clubs, yet poor recruitment and reserve squad selection cost us a place in that. We're further away from being in the top 4/6 than we have been since the first season back in the PL IMO.

He makes it sound like the only reason we get these players is because they want to move on, yet under Cortese we got players (good players) because of the ambition & project we sold players / managers. I appreciate that this was not Corteses' money and that perhaps (at the time) our spending was not sustainable, but the club really need to stop giving the fans the same bulls!t time and time again.

If the board really had the ambition to break into the top 4 and cement our place in top 6 these last 2 years where the time. Pay the money keep Mane, keep Wanyama, keep Koeman and bring in a few others to really give us a chance. Instead we've been left with (imo) a mediocre manager and generally a team of mediocre players.

Spot on really .......its just this season we had a great chance to push on and we havent .........gone backwards in our manager , player recruitment and style of play .....lets be honest we havent spent fookall and we are paying the price!

I'll assume you're a moron and therefore incapable of reading the audited club accounts or are you another of those who believes, again due to being a moron, that the owner, without a shred of evidence, is taking money out of the club?

I don't understand accounts either and I'm far from being a "moron". We don't know how the money is spent. We do, however, note that the money we receive from player sales is never reinvested back into the club as solid player purchases. We have gone backward in terms of investment in players. We're always told that the cheap replacements are the next Thierry Henri,s or the next Mane,s. I've seen no evidence of this yet. Our team, at the moment, are complete shyte and are doing our club a mis-service. Perhaps you're a bit moronic for not noticing that. Play the post, not the poster.

Why is anybody the slightest bit surprised at his comments?

Geez, we have a cup semi final at home & we still have tickets for sale on the day of the game........not so bad if we had a 75000 seat stadium, but we are not even half that.

Get a grip FFS!

And the reason for that is blindingly obvious so what exactly is your point ....

we have been very poor lately - because ????????

We sell our best players continuously and Ralph has now publicly put what we have left on the market.....

The guy is just bizarre ....

So we can expect no change in policy and so we will not grow as a team or a club. The fan base will therefore also not grow and will show similar apathy when it suits them....

The Chairman shows poor leadership in his statements and actions and talk of Champions league is cheap when he demonstrates a lack of ambition on the field and a lack of resolve to match when it comes to building the team.

A distinctly disagreeable character with no substance imo ....

No other club sells as many of its better players every summer like we do

It just does not happen.

Even this summer coming where will most certainly not be best of the rest, we will sell sell sell

What makes it worse when idiots suggest Black is an excellent coach, we have the best midfield options in the whole country and we are like Bayern Munich

Fecking tozzers

Edited by Batman

And the reason for that is blindingly obvious so what exactly is your point ....

we have been very poor lately - because ????????

We sell our best players continuously and Ralph has now publicly put what we have left on the market.....

The guy is just bizarre ....

So we can expect no change in policy and so we will not grow as a team or a club. The fan base will therefore also not grow and will show similar apathy when it suits them....

The Chairman shows poor leadership in his statements and actions and talk of Champions league is cheap when he demonstrates a lack of ambition on the field and a lack of resolve to match when it comes to building the team.

A distinctly disagreeable character with no substance imo ....

Everyone knows it so might as well say it! Fair play I say..why keep up any pretence?

And with that business model are we any less likely to get 7th as a west brim or Stoke?

No not really. Are we going to win less cups? Well we only won one ever so that's a no...

I hope he now parks all that champions league, best of the rest crap, regular European place to and just gets on being what they designed the club to be..self sustaining, the odd challenge for a better place but primary- a good shop window.

There is no doubt we will go down at some point as we take our turn with the bournemouths, norwich's , west broms and Leicesters of the world...we are what we are.. Mid size club behind the likes of Villa Newcastle, Leeds etc who will also get their turn at the top table!

It's a fair point that gets brought to the forefront every transfer window. We're currently 20mil in the green on transfers alone, meaning not a penny of the TV money, ticket sales, etc has been invested in the squad. Everything is adding up to a club sale really. I think all will be revealed in the summer once VVD is gone for a final big pay day.

Where are you getting your figures from? It was reported not too long ago that since 2013, we have actually spent £1million more than we received.

As for the TV money...almost all of that goes on our wage bill of £80+million.

Where are you getting your figures from? It was reported not too long ago that since 2013, we have actually spent £1million more than we received.

As for the TV money...almost all of that goes on our wage bill of £80+million.

How do all the other clubs manage?

Thanks Ralphy boy, i think we all know how football works, what we don't appreciate is you hanging a for sale sign round all our players heads for the world to see. Mugging us off with ****e replacements isn't appreciated either, so maybe instead of spouting off in the press about how you love to sell players and make others stronger, yku concentrate on making our club stronger

Why is anybody the slightest bit surprised at his comments?

Geez, we have a cup semi final at home & we still have tickets for sale on the day of the game........not so bad if we had a 75000 seat stadium, but we are not even half that.

Get a grip FFS!

Agreed. If people have been paying attention this exposition of our model should hardly come as a shock.

Thanks Ralphy boy, i think we all know how football works, what we don't appreciate is you hanging a for sale sign round all our players heads for the world to see. Mugging us off with ****e replacements isn't appreciated either, so maybe instead of spouting off in the press about how you love to sell players and make others stronger, you concentrate on making our club stronger

THIS! With bells on.

What makes Southampton different? "At this club when a player wants to go and we get a fair offer for him, we let him go". The other clubs are going to blown out of the water by this

Maybe that IS what makes us different. Maybe other clubs (outside top 6) tell a player they want a 3/4/5 year contract and they'll expect them to stick to it and players with ambition respond with a "Sod you then, I'll wait for a better team to make me an offer".

Maybe by us making it clear when we bid for them that if they come to us on relatively moderate wages by EPL standards, if they improve enough so that we can make a decent profit on them by selling them on to a top club then they can go with our blessing they are more likely to join us. Can you really see the likes of Mane, Wanyama, VVD, Bertrand, Hoijberg, Forster, Tadic, Cedric, Romeu, Pelle, Lovren, even Redmond joining us if we had the attitude in the first paragraph?

Is it any coincidence that we HAVE signed all those players? How many players of that calibre have Everton, WBA, Watford, Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea, Aston Villa, Hull, Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Norwich, Boro, Palace, even Leicester signed in that same time scale? Most have managed the odd one but none have come close to signing the same quality in the sort of numbers we managed to. Maybe evry other club outside the top 6 HAS been blown out of the water by the way we operate.

Maybe instead of bemoaning the fact that many of them go on to leave we should be thankful we got to see them play for us in the first place. Yes, it would be great to have had them all stay but then if we were going to insist on that we probably wouldn't have had them here in the first place.

The fan base will therefore also not grow and will show similar apathy when it suits them....

this is why we did not sell out the semi , not just the style and outcome of most matches we kick off , but the continual policy of getting a bid and immediately it seems rolling over to have our tum tickled and swiss accounts topped means eventually the fans will decide to transfer their money from match day tickets to Sky , newspapers even this forum then the club will loose out on merchandise , who would buy a shirt with a players name or a club calendar when its likely the player will be gone before you've flicked the page over or got the shirt dirty !

Yes always will be a turnover but this year is VVD on the calendar beyond August?

Maybe that IS what makes us different. Maybe other clubs (outside top 6) tell a player they want a 3/4/5 year contract and they'll expect them to stick to it and players with ambition respond with a "Sod you then, I'll wait for a better team to make me an offer".

Maybe by us making it clear when we bid for them that if they come to us on relatively moderate wages by EPL standards, if they improve enough so that we can make a decent profit on them by selling them on to a top club then they can go with our blessing they are more likely to join us. Can you really see the likes of Mane, Wanyama, VVD, Bertrand, Hoijberg, Forster, Tadic, Cedric, Romeu, Pelle, Lovren, even Redmond joining us if we had the attitude in the first paragraph?

Is it any coincidence that we HAVE signed all those players? How many players of that calibre have Everton, WBA, Watford, Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea, Aston Villa, Hull, Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Norwich, Boro, Palace, even Leicester signed in that same time scale? Most have managed the odd one but none have come close to signing the same quality in the sort of numbers we managed to. Maybe evry other club outside the top 6 HAS been blown out of the water by the way we operate.

Maybe instead of bemoaning the fact that many of them go on to leave we should be thankful we got to see them play for us in the first place. Yes, it would be great to have had them all stay but then if we were going to insist on that we probably wouldn't have had them here in the first place.

You can certainly make an argument that emerging top quality players will come to us as a 'finishing school' before they go on to a 'top' club because they know we will let them rather than holding them prisoner. But there is also a danger that strategy becomes a Catch 22 - players who like it here and would be prepared to stay if their quality team mates also stayed end up leaving because of the wholesale dismantling every year.

Im not naive, I know we cant compete financially at the top end, but I do think we sometimes sell too quickly and too readily.

Maybe instead of bemoaning the fact that many of them go on to leave we tshould be thankful we got to see them play for us in the first place. Yes, it would be great to have had them all stay but then if we were going to insist on that we probably wouldn't have had them here in the first place.

Yes, that's obviously how Stoke signed Shaqiri, Swansea re-signed Sigurdsson, Leicester kept Vardy and Schmeichel, Everton signed Morgan and Watford kept Deeney.

Really think some people are being brainwashed.

Edited by Wade Garrett

Yes, that's obviously how Stoke signed Shaqiri, Swansea re-signed Sigurdsson, Leicester re-kept Vardy and Schmeichel, Everton signed Morgan and Watford kept Deeney.

Really think some people are being brainwashed.

Exactly my point. So between all those clubs you can name 6 players that they have managed to sign/retain of the same calibre . (and I wouldn't be putting Morgan and Deeney in the VVD/Pelle class anyway). Yet we have managed to sign around a dozen on our own (and still have 8 of them). And you think I'm the brainwashed one?

I'm with Wurzel on this one. Also you just can not make a player perform who's intent on sulking until he gets his move. Mane a good example, now Fonte perhaps. In that case you have to take the money.

Whether there's an issue with recruitment i.e "Come here and you can make it big elsewhere", then the club have to take responsibility for that, but would we be able to twist their arms otherwise?

Personally, last year I was behind the club with Mane being sold due to attitude but was sad to see Pelle go.

Exactly my point. So between all those clubs you can name 6 players that they have managed to sign/retain of the same calibre . (and I wouldn't be putting Morgan and Deeney in the VVD/Pelle class anyway). Yet we have managed to sign around a dozen on our own (and still have 8 of them). And you think I'm the brainwashed one?

The mentality of our club is to sell. End of.

Amen to this, a thousand times over.

Absolutely fine with how we go about things and long may it continue.

If we keep finding gems for bigger clubs then we will continue to be one of the most successful clubs of our size in the country. Great stuff.

Have to say that is very tired worn out argument that holds very little water when your Chairman advertises that all our players are permantly for sale anyway !

So what are we trying to build here and what will we build it with if we keep selling our bricks a mortar?

Selling our assets - Mane, Clyne, Shaw, Morgan, Wanyama, Lallana, Lovren, Pelle has bagged the club a few quid... But the £60-70m profit on these you’ve then lost £50-60m on duds like Juanmi, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Forren, Gardos, Clasie, Cuco, Gazzaniga, Pied and Redmond (Possibly now Hojberg too) so the "secret" only works if you get it right everytime.... We don't!

Selling our assets - Mane, Clyne, Shaw, Morgan, Wanyama, Lallana, Lovren, Pelle has bagged the club a few quid... But the £60-70m profit on these you’ve then lost £50-60m on duds like Juanmi, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Forren, Gardos, Clasie, Cuco, Gazzaniga, Pied and Redmond (Possibly now Hojberg too) so the "secret" only works if you get it right everytime.... We don't!

Cuco earnt his transfer with the goal against arsenal man!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Once VvD; Boufal and Romeu leave it is hard to see where the next generation of £30M paydays is coming from. The model relies on us punching well above our weight in the league and playing some scintillating stuff to boot and then selling the men who achieved it. Neither of which we are doing presently. Lets pray Puel turns it round, or Ralph will be downsizing the Gulfstream.

Once VvD; Boufal and Romeu leave it is hard to see where the next generation of £30M paydays is coming from. The model relies on us punching well above our weight in the league and playing some scintillating stuff to boot and then selling the men who achieved it. Neither of which we are doing presently. Lets pray Puel turns it round, or Ralph will be downsizing the Gulfstream.

Romeu won't go for anything like £30m.

Spot on. As someone above has said, several clubs have signed the odd gem who's destined for bigger and better things but we've done it more than any other club I can think of. Sure, not every new recruit will be better than the player sold but imo Romeu is an upgrade on Wanyama, VVD an improvement on Toby, Boufal could given time be at least as good as Mane. Our fan base have become spoiled and anyone who thinks we can keep hold of players in the face of big offers from big clubs, and more to the point sign them players without promising to polish them up and give them their big move when the time comes, is deluded.

This is certainly a theory I subscribe to. Boufal's signing was what emphasised it for me, I knew nothing about the guy but I saw loads of other club's fans on Twitter amazed that we'd managed to sign such a talent, so I thought maybe it's because we sell ourselves on the idea that you can get a big move after us. As long as we keep attracting the Van Dijk's then I guess it's a pretty good idea, but it's if we start to get more of the Højbjerg and Juanmi's that it'll start to hurt us.

This is certainly a theory I subscribe to. Boufal's signing was what emphasised it for me, I knew nothing about the guy but I saw loads of other club's fans on Twitter amazed that we'd managed to sign such a talent, so I thought maybe it's because we sell ourselves on the idea that you can get a big move after us. As long as we keep attracting the Van Dijk's then I guess it's a pretty good idea, but it's if we start to get more of the Højbjerg and Juanmi's that it'll start to hurt us.

This in a nutshell -i like our business model - when it works we get to see great players like VVD , weve done really well out of it in the last few seasons - but we wont always get it right - and like all of the other clubs of our size, if we get more wrong than right we will fall down the league .....

Indeed, well put IMHO. Not that you'll have much joy trying to convince the rocket scientists amongst us :)

This in a nutshell -i like our business model - when it works we get to see great players like VVD , weve done really well out of it in the last few seasons - but we wont always get it right - and like all of the other clubs of our size, if we get more wrong than right we will fall down the league .....

I think we all know our business model, the trouble is we all knew in the summer the signings weren't good enough, but the board played us all for mugs. Now we're in a world of trouble, seemingly with no goal scorers, a manager possibly out of his depth and an unambitious board

Is there a young German player that we are interested in? Sounds like He's trying to 9rick a few ears up. Can't see anything wrong with this. Hopefully it's a tour of countries with a good footballing history.

Edited by cellone
Censor

If we don't bring in a striker it'll be deafening.

Yes, this.

Its clear KL is getting her money out. Her attack dog has just hung a "For Sale" sign around the neck of all of our players, and we are massively in the surplus over the last year of transfer activity.

They are taking a calculated risk that the brand will not be significantly damaged by the time she decides she has recouped enough and a buyer will still be interested. They must be praying for this cup win.

Last summer was as good as it will get, its clear. Seems to me we are now in Lowe territory. Nothing has changed.

Wonder where we would be if Markus and NC were still about...

Yes, this.

Its clear KL is getting her money out. Her attack dog has just hung a "For Sale" sign around the neck of all of our players, and we are massively in the surplus over the last year of transfer activity.

They are taking a calculated risk that the brand will not be significantly damaged by the time she decides she has recouped enough and a buyer will still be interested. They must be praying for this cup win.

Last summer was as good as it will get, its clear. Seems to me we are now in Lowe territory. Nothing has changed.

This, 100%.

Yes, this.

Again, you have summed it up perfectly. I hope the 'damaged' goods is not damaged enough to slip down a division or it will have been a case of shooting in foot !

Is there a young German player that we are interested in? Sounds like He's trying to 9rick a few ears up. Can't see anything wrong with this. Hopefully it's a tour of countries with a good footballing history.

Is this some cryptic ITK message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if boufel doesn't go for 40 million plus

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I am Puel in but you do have to say if Koeman stayed and we had still recruited the same 'replacements' we would probably be in a better position than we are at the moment... Puel has come in and changed the style of play, which will take time for players to understand, get used to and gel, and I do believe it will all start to click when he gets another pre season under his belt. However, if the club had kept Koeman there would be continuity, no change in the style of the play, so nothing to really unsettle the players, making it hard, in my opinion, to judge Puel's first season against Koeman's last