Dishwasher

Guan 2.0

Hi! Does anybody have access to/knowledge of a site that rates dishwashers in a reliable manner? Mine has just broken down after 11 years of service and repairs and I need a new one quickly! The only trouble is, most of the sites i've seen only have around 20 reviews which could obviously lead to manipulation/false impressions.

Hi! Does anybody have access to/knowledge of a site that rates dishwashers in a reliable manner? Mine has just broken down after 11 years of service and repairs and I need a new one quickly! The only trouble is, most of the sites i've seen only have around 20 reviews which could obviously lead to manipulation/false impressions.

Me too please! I'm looking for a semi-integrated model to replace a 20 year old Hotpoint. The trouble with the internet is that you can't see any details of the innards.

Seriously? It's a dishwasher!

I would suggest that a dishwasher that has lasted for 11 years has had a pretty exceptional life!

I you need a dishwasher quickly go to AO.com - Asda's online portal - and order one from there. I've always found there service to be very good and they do next day delivery.

Can't really advise you on which one to get as it would depend on the size of your family and how often it is used - we have four in our household and the dishwasher is on about four times a week. We bought one for about £350 - so mid-range - and so far it has lasted 6 years with no issues. Currently that is a cost of £60 per year which is more than reasonable, but I'd expect to get about 10 years out of it so a cost of £35 per year.

That's pretty good value for money in anyone's book as it could cost about £20 per year in rubber gloves if you were to do it manually!

You can get one on AO.com for £200 which will come with a 2 year warranty and should easily last 5 years - so £40 per year....

Is this some sort of coded hint at our next big signing? ;)

Nordin Amrabat from Watford maybe...? http://trueafrica.co/article/dishwasher-premier-league-footballer-nordin-amrabat-signing-watford/

"From dishwasher to Premier League footballer"

Would link up well with Boufal.

All starting to make sense now.

Guan's a crafty bugger all right.

:)

you sound fun.

Which model Bosch did you go with?

I went for the SMI50C16GB at £449 from Currys including delivery. I installed it myself over last weekend but that was interrupted by haeing to go and sit through some awful football match. They would have fitted it for £90 and taken the old one away for £19.99 but I managed to do all that myself and felt better for it. I was replacing an existing semi-intergrated old Hotpoint model so the water suply and drain connections were already there. I had to relieve the opening on one side of the door but that had never been right anyway. When the Hotpoint was originally installed the fitter buggered up the door so I still had the replacement one that had never been fitted. We also looked at a Miele but the reviews all said that the cycle time was a bit too long. Besides, the Bosch was about £40 cheaper.

The only other problem was cleaning out all the debris and broken glass from under the units. The spiders were not too big.

We also looked at a Miele but the reviews all said that the cycle time was a bit too long. Besides, the Bosch was about £40 cheaper.

Cycle times have really increased in the past few years, almost doubled - all so the manufacturers can achieve their A++++++ energy ratings. However the rating is based on the standard cycle. If you get a washer with a fast cycle option you can get a good wash in 30 minutes or so at the cost of a small amount of extra electricity.