Saints v Norwich Match Thread

St Chalet

So we can continue to play boring negative football using different players?

This is the concern I have. I get that we are down on quality but I'm not convinced that adding Gabbiadini (for example, given he is most strongly linked) will make us a more potent outfit as we aren't set up to attack with any particular potency.

Agreed, the board have so far let him down, he's been left with a post Mane/Pelle/Wanyama squad and hasn't yet been given the chance to add his players to it, we are woefully short on quality players right now, how I see that Puels fault!!?? blaming the manager for everything is out of order.....no surprise with some of the thick ****s on here though.

You are right about the transfers. Having said that, is Puel playing this type of football out of choice or necessity?

I'd love to know how many times we've failed to score in the first half of a game this season.

Watford (h)

Man Utd (h)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (h)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (a)

Leicester (a)

Burnley (h)

Inter Milan (a)

Sunderland (h)

Inter Milan (h)

Liverpool (h)

Sparta Prague (a)

Crystal Palace (a)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (h)

Middlesbrough (h)

Stoke (a)

Everton (a)

Burnley (a)

Norwich (h)

I have too much time on my hands.

Watford (h)

Man Utd (h)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (h)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (a)

Leicester (a)

Burnley (h)

Inter Milan (a)

Sunderland (h)

Inter Milan (h)

Liverpool (h)

Sparta Prague (a)

Crystal Palace (a)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (h)

Middlesbrough (h)

Stoke (a)

Everton (a)

Burnley (a)

Norwich (h)

Wow. Worse than I thought.

If you want us to be like Swansea and Hull and sack our manager after every 10 games then go ahead and support them.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, you aren't really addressing his point? You can't justify the current situation by saying that we shouldn't act like Hull and Swansea.

Watford (h)

Man Utd (h)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (h)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (a)

Leicester (a)

Burnley (h)

Inter Milan (a)

Sunderland (h)

Inter Milan (h)

Liverpool (h)

Sparta Prague (a)

Crystal Palace (a)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (h)

Middlesbrough (h)

Stoke (a)

Everton (a)

Burnley (a)

Norwich (h)

Damning evidence.

Watford (h)

Man Utd (h)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (h)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (a)

Leicester (a)

Burnley (h)

Inter Milan (a)

Sunderland (h)

Inter Milan (h)

Liverpool (h)

Sparta Prague (a)

Crystal Palace (a)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva (h)

Middlesbrough (h)

Stoke (a)

Everton (a)

Burnley (a)

Norwich (h)

That really is worrying.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, you aren't really addressing his point? You can't justify the current situation by saying that we shouldn't act like Hull and Swansea.

I don't think there is any circumstance which justifies us sacking the manager without us being in some sort of relegation battle which simply won't happen.

If the board spent some money and added quality to the squad and we're not progressing, then it might be a good decision to make a change.

I don't think there is any circumstance which justifies us sacking the manager without us being in some sort of relegation battle which simply won't happen.

If the board spent some money and added quality to the squad and we're not progressing, then it might be a good decision to make a change.

Something not right though, don't you agree ?

Typical Saints story, solid in defence but struggling to create any chances, I'm a "happy clapper" but regardless of the result Puel has once again sent a team out who struggle to create anything, I'm all for kids in the academy playing, but regardless of whether Sims or Tadic plays, there's clearly something up in our set up and our approach - this can change with good coaching. I'm questioning his methods and that of our coaches, these players are good enough to dominate teams like Norwich and create a stack of chances - but since Puel has been manager we've struggled game in game out to muster up chances other than those created from corners and free kicks. The board should be looking at hiring a new manager to start next summer, as Puel can't take us forward next season, but getting rid of him now could mean another poor appointment.

Steve Claridge sounding suicidal watching this. And he's being paid to watch it.

Listening to Solent in the first half was like over-hearing two blokes chatting about nothing on the next table in a cafe. There might as well not have been a game going on the amount of interest it was generating for them to talk about. The halftime summarising was hilarious.

Playing Devil's advocate here slightly (as I do have a preference for stability): should we wait until we get sucked in? If we lose to Leicester we will be 15th and that, according to Les Reed himself, constitutes a relegation battle (see his comments about Leicester a few weeks ago when they occupied that position in the league). I presume, therefore, that if we drop to 15th we could consider replacing Puel?

Whilst we are clearly short on quality and need reinforcements, I'm not totally convinced that alone will turn it around for us.

Playing Devil's advocate here slightly (as I do have a preference for stability): should we wait until we get sucked in? If we lose to Leicester we will be 15th and that, according to Les Reed himself, constitutes a relegation battle (see his comments about Leicester a few weeks ago when they occupied that position in the league). I presume, therefore, that if we drop to 15th we could consider replacing Puel?

Whilst we are clearly short on quality and need reinforcements, I'm not totally convinced that alone will turn it around for us.

I don't think we'll be in that position. The Liverpool game showed that, on our day, we are a very good side.

We do need to win against Leicester though, it's a massive game.

Good point, although I am not allowed to mention such things.

Well, in that case Puel may walk. That would prove that it is lack of investment that is the problem. Makes you think, are we up for sale ?

No, it doesn't. Makes me think the players the club invested in are not working out, hopefully, yet. I trust the club are orking on this. Maybe we will be sold, if the right bid came in. I don't think Puel will walk unless he does feel nothing is being done.

I don't think we'll be in that position. The Liverpool game showed that, on our day, we are a very good side.

But, like it or not, if results don't go our way, we will be in Les Reed's definition of a 'relegation battle' if we lose to Leicester.

It's got to a point where people are pretending we've scored a goal in the match thread now. :scared:

it's because it's not streamed, and so people see others relying on this thread for updates, and so it becomes hilariously funny. I think it should be an instant ban, since it shows epic stupidity.

skate claridge sounds happier now.

No, it doesn't. Makes me think the players the club invested in are not working out, hopefully, yet. I trust the club are orking on this. Maybe we will be sold, if the right bid came in. I don't think Puel will walk unless he does feel nothing is being done.

Fair enough, but if Puel thinks the game is up regarding investment he may well go back to France, Who could blame him ?

Or it showed that Liverpool had a bad day. I admire your positivity but honestly it's been dire in the majority of games this season - the squad isn't as bad as some make out but Puel is underachieving with who he has at his disposal.

Or it showed that Liverpool had a bad day. I admire your positivity but honestly it's been dire in the majority of games this season - the squad isn't as bad as some make out but Puel is underachieving with who he has at his disposal.

There have been bad moments, I agree, but you can't play down that Liverpool performance. That was one of our best performances of the season, irrespective of how well or not Liverpool played.