The itchen

Lastman73

I'm sat in the itchen looking around and it's like a morgue, the old boy in front of me is sipping bovril..... just about sums it up really.

Wish I could be in block 36!!!

Is it a library ??

No it's just dull , what's the point in coming to football if your not going to make the most of it and support vocally ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sat in the itchen looking around and it's like a morgue, the old boy in front of me is sipping bovril..... just about sums it up really.

Wish I could be in block 36!!!

Is it a library ??

No it's just dull , what's the point in coming to football if your not going to make the most of it and support vocally ??

What's the problem with an old man sitting there watching the game with a Bovril? There are noisier stands in the ground if that's where you want to sit but don't judge other people for the way they support our club. As long as they aren't be idiots like the idiot that climbed the partition against Spurs then what's the problem?

Nearly every set of home fans are quiet anyway. We have really good away fans so that's the main thing.

What's the problem with an old man sitting there watching the game with a Bovril? There are noisier stands in the ground if that's where you want to sit but don't judge other people for the way they support our club. As long as they aren't be idiots like the idiot that climbed the partition against Spurs then what's the problem?

Nearly every set of home fans are quiet anyway. We have really good away fans so that's the main thing.

Put your handbag down mate I'm not judging anybody! It's was more of a reflection of the whole stand as a general!!

I'm used to sitting the other side where there is an atmosphere but, because the kingsland was not open I was forced to sit in with the quitter lot and it was not very atmospheric.

Put your handbag down mate I'm not judging anybody! It's was more of a reflection of the whole stand as a general!!

I'm used to sitting the other side where there is an atmosphere but, because the kingsland was not open I was forced to sit in with the quitter lot and it was not very atmospheric.

Usually, Itchen north (blocks 1-3) is better than Northam.

I was in the corner of the Chapel/Itchen. It was like a library, really, and I'm not the vocal type. Wasn't much to get excited about though.

Me and my brother said next time we're gonna sit in the Northam and see what it's like. No one will be able to hear me chant the wrong thing!

Terrible atmosphere. I was smack in the middle staring at what looked like an empty stadium. At least we didn't have to put up with too much of the animated advertising hoardings. Dangerously crowded concourse too.

10 years ago I used to be in the Northam drinking beer ,I've transferred to block 36 with my boy and my tipple now is hot chocolate another ten years I can see me evolving into a Bovril man and ending up in the Chapel haha!

10 years ago I used to be in the Northam drinking beer ,I've transferred to block 36 with my boy and my tipple now is hot chocolate another ten years I can see me evolving into a Bovril man and ending up in the Chapel haha!

Don't do it !!!!!!!

The modern day Itchen is almost a bucolic idyll. In the late 70s/early 80s there was, for a period, a completely enclosed steel cage in the Archers/West Stand corner, packed full of raging teenage skinheads, boiling furiously like a cauldron left forgotten on the Aga hot plate, spitting and hurling abuse, and constantly on the verge of breaking through the steel mesh.