**** POSITIVES ****

Heisenberg

... me again, then! :rolleyes:

21) Fonte has left.

Ok, this may seem like a negative at first, but I think recently he seems to have been putting a bit of a downer on things. Understandably after being left out of Euro games (I'd be hacked off, too), but still a bit unprofessional - 'professional' footballers who are stroppy like that lose a bit of my respect. Anyway, as a result, maybe the dressing room might be more positive now?

We'll see...

Also, we get cash.

Oi, Les! As you're buying: new striker, mate! And half a shandy for the missus!

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the statistics website FiveThirtyEight (based in the USA) and they do a lot of things on American politics and sport, but they've got a new feature on the Premier League

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/

According to their model, we'll finish in 10th position. And it gives us a 3% chance of us getting relegated.

It also gives us a 51% chance of winning on Sunday.

Anyway, for any stats geeks like me, it's interesting to have a look through it.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the statistics website FiveThirtyEight (based in the USA) and they do a lot of things on American politics and sport, but they've got a new feature on the Premier League

According to their model, we'll finish in 10th position. And it gives us a 3% chance of us getting relegated.

Anyway, for any stats geeks like me, it's interesting to have a look through it.

Interesting stuff mate....

We still have a 1% chance of winning the league :)

Pample, have you read Pollyanna?

was that the same source you used when you said we would 'easily beat' WBA?

• 2 months later...
How long do we have to put up with this ridiculous facade that glasgow is building here? Clearly this will be used as evidence that he is actually a saintsfan once he starts to troll again.

Don't be silly

Edited by trousers

This season really hasn't been as bad as some have tried to make out although it is kind of drifting towards the end rather than ending with a bang. I enjoyed the European games (probably because I only did the home games to fair) and any season where you beat Liverpool home and away over a two legged semi has got to be a half decent season. If nothing else we will all have this to remember about this season

10) Pied will play for us one day, soon-ish.

11) With Gardos coming back, that's 2 extra defenders for the potential loss of only 1 (Fonte).

12) Our 'goalscorers' are... scoring goals again: JRod, Long, Redmond.

13) Tadic can only get better than currently.

14) Boufal didn't go to ACN so we might get him back [hopefully] sooner than if he had gone.

15) We still have VvD - and he's rested.

16) Soares is on form (thank god because Martina was ****e last night... sorry, positives only, positives...)

17) Best 'joint' cup runs for years, probably

18) Despite our apparent bad form, we are still mid-table. Imagine what could be if we get form back.

19) Selling Fonte gives us more cash for a better striker.... come on, Mr Reed, do the maths.

and finally...

20) We. Are. THE SAINTS!!!

COYS!!

Can I be fairly smug here, just for a minute?

Positives that remain positives:

10) He's getting closer - 60 mins for the U23s this week.

13) Tadic has improved last few games

16) Cedric's looking good

17) a cup final is fantastic

18) ok, still mid-table, but it's looking up

19) Gabbiadini arrived!

I'll ignore the bad ones. But I will add another:

Yoshi - he's really stepped up.

The positives for me:

Josh Sims, Mcqueen, Stephens kicking on the future is bright for youth talent.

Signing Gaba and the impact he has made

Redmond showing what he is capable of.

Romeu, Van D, Yosh, Soares, Bertrand have had good season.

Sam G hitting the goals in for Blacburn.

Negatives

Clasie, Long, Rodriguez to inconsistent should be moved on.

Rubbish home kit I hate the bra design

I feel we should of progressed further in Europe

Injury to Charlie Austin I think he is decent.

Initial adjustment to Puel the initial sidewards passing style was boring to watch.

Puels interviews are like watching paint dry

Selling Fonte and not getting in a replacement quicker.

Fraser F I feel has gone backwards.

• 1 month later...

Can sometimes be difficult to remain positive during the summer, with player sales and management and takeover uncertainty.

A positive just now however is the message to Liverpool and our refusal to deal with them again (at least regards VVD)

... me again, then! :rolleyes:

21) Fonte has left.

Ok, this may seem like a negative at first, but I think recently he seems to have been putting a bit of a downer on things. Understandably after being left out of Euro games (I'd be hacked off, too), but still a bit unprofessional - 'professional' footballers who are stroppy like that lose a bit of my respect. Anyway, as a result, maybe the dressing room might be more positive now?

We'll see...

Also, we get cash.

Oi, Les! As you're buying: new striker, mate! And half a shandy for the missus!

Fonte seems to have been a lot more 'professional' than van Dijk. Fonte has just played his 23rd game for the European Champions, Portugal, and they kept yet another clean sheet. The only negative rumours we heard about Fonte were the usual ones Les Reed's PR team put out about nearly every player and manager who's being sold. We could have kept both Koeman and Fonte for another year if we'd really wanted to. And if Les, your 'old mate', is choosing the new striker, he'll probably be overpriced, injury-prone and not very good. Paul Mitchell was the man who found the good players and managers.

1. Last season we had the 2nd highest average home gate in our entire history.

2. Our fans were magnificent again at Wembley.

3. We had our 4th consecutive top 8 finish. I don't care about the points total. Where the league table is concerned, it's only the position that counts.

5. It sounds like Ralph Krueger is starting to assert his authority as chairman and attempting to stop the sale of our best players. Ralph comes across as a man of principle and it will be good to see him take more control.

Fonte seems to have been a lot more 'professional' than van Dijk. Fonte has just played his 23rd game for the European Champions, Portugal, and they kept yet another clean sheet. The only negative rumours we heard about Fonte were the usual ones Les Reed's PR team put out about nearly every player and manager who's being sold. We could have kept both Koeman and Fonte for another year if we'd really wanted to. And if Les, your 'old mate', is choosing the new striker, he'll probably be overpriced, injury-prone and not very good. Paul Mitchell was the man who found the good players and managers.

You can all keep flogging that one about Les and his PR team if you like, but seeing as I know for a fact that his behaviour was less than appropriate, and he tried to force a move as soon as Utd came calling in the summer. The loyalty thing is nonsense too, because when he was asked why he hadn't tried to move before now, his response was, and I quote, "because no one has tried to sign me until now".

I'm sure that the club is by no means perfect in the way they handle things, but this constant need to find a way to blame them for everything that goes wrong and refuse them credit when it goes right is getting tiresome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Probably had an email or PM from the mods [emoji6]

Nope. He's just doing what he does, building up a whole catalogue of ****posts so that the next time someone questions his loyalty he can link this thread showing how "positive" a fan he is.

I hope he one day gets the help he needs.

Nope. He's just doing what he does, building up a whole catalogue of ****posts so that the next time someone questions his loyalty he can link this thread showing how "positive" a fan he is.

I hope he one day gets the help he needs.

It`s to late for him... he barking and no amount of help will be of any use, only Toadhall`s style of "help" will have any effect

Alot of Internet hardmen being nasty bullies but not alot of positives :?

Please dont embarrass yourselves further with the personal threats and name calling.

Full thread specifically for the Internet bullies here >> https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56987-Thread-for-insulting-other-posters#.WbfzwXPTXqA

It's a shame really. You start positivity threads; while others like ALWAYS start threads about fellow posters.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57975-SWF-Stalkers-Thread

Guess you can only do you pal -and hope a bit of that goodwill rubs off on others.

We are rubbish, not being negative just being realistic the summer clear outs and not adequately replacing our talent has come back full circle and is biting us in the ass. The players we have are dross, coaches also have gone backwards. Not sure what the hell is going on with formation / team selection either something isn't right at the club. Now slate Puel all you want at least he had the lads organised ok boring at times. I watched the Watford game and it was a shambles no organisation players not tactically aware what the hell are they working on in training? because i'm not seeing anything on the pitch. Players just look disinterested..... lacking in confidence.

What has happened to our pressing attacking style? that was the real Southampton way.......

People keep saying bring in this player i.e Tadic / Boufal but in reality what is the point they are all to inconsistent or are not up to it. Mass clearout needed including coaching.

This season is a write off. Although, we may escape if 3 teams are worse than us.

Let's draw a blue line under this, prepare for next season, control the controllables, talk to the man in the mirror ..... and pray for the return of Mr Positivity.

Bin the technical coaching, we need the second coming of Nigel Adkins.

And Rickie's available, btw. Fire up the DeLorean.

I think Mr Leslie may be meddling in the team, similar what he may have been doing for Puel, both seemed to have changed there style from previous teams now here and both now deliver total uninspired sh**

That's not a positive. Our opening five home and away games selling out, in spite of the poor results, is. If we won a major trophy in this century, we'd have 40,000 fans hammering at the doors every home game and 2,000+ every away game. For its size, we are arguably the most underachieving team in the country yet the fans keep turning up. That is totally positive.

That's not a positive. Our opening five home and away games selling out, in spite of the poor results, is. If we won a major trophy in this century, we'd have 40,000 fans hammering at the doors every home game and 2,000+ every away game. For its size, we are arguably the most underachieving team in the country yet the fans keep turning up. That is totally positive.

Sorry posted on wrong thread