Driving (a bus) with 1 arm

SO16_Saint

I know it's never good to start something with 'I'm not being discriminatory, but'

But I was on a bus today and the driver had 1 arm.

Now I'm no driving expert, yes I drive, but is it not a tad unsafe to drive a 30 foot plus Long, x tonne vehicle carrying 50 people with 1 arm?

I couldn't drive a car while holding a cup of coffee permanently.

There were clearly times when he struggled; turning the corner while indicating.

Just me that finds this worrying?

Plenty of people drive with a phone in one hand.

Seriously, if this has been cleared by the authorities then that must be a good thing? Was the bus adapted in any way? I used to have a one-armed customer in Paris who used to drive us to evening restaurants in his Volvo estate through the Parisian traffic. I was never concerned until he phoned up to book a table and was driving with one knee.

I had an excavator driver only had one arm. One of the best I ever seen. He used to wind up youngsters by being in the engine compartment and when the youngster walked passed he would come out screaming with a bottle of red sauce on his stump and squirt it everywhere

What were you doing posting this 10 minutes into the 2nd half?