Club won't be replacing Fonte, gardos to get his chance

Mr X

If we don't replace fonte and get a new striker this month then Les Reed is blatantly taking the fans for mugs. No excuse for not addressing both positions. Both been known for some time.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I think he's been taking us for mugs for the last couple of seasons. You can't keep selling your prize assets and replacing on the cheap. He got lucky but his luck has well and truly run out.

I think he's been taking us for mugs for the last couple of seasons. You can't keep selling your prize assets and replacing on the cheap. He got lucky but his luck has well and truly run out.

So what do you suggest? Pitch side protest, a march through the city centre, maybe picket Les's house how about a match boycott? You organise something to show the club we're not mugs mate and we'll come and support you.

Les isnt a Southampton fan, hes a failed player and manager who is close to retirement.

He makes Kat money, thats his job. He is doing his job.

Unfortunately his targets and bonuses do not appear to be football success related.

Make money money, make money money

Take money money, take money money

Not alot we can do about it really. Crowd numbers are dropping fast but that wont stop them, income from gates is small fry now....

I just want Reed to sign anyone. I don't care if they're not very good or we over pay for him , I just want a centre half onboard. If he turns out to be shiete & we're stuck with the useless lump it'll give me another opportunity to slag Reed off,he can also replace Redmond as my scapegoat , so it's win win for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Les isnt a Southampton fan, hes a failed player and manager who is close to retirement.

He makes Kat money, thats his job. He is doing his job.

Unfortunately his targets and bonuses do not appear to be football success related.

Not alot we can do about it really. Crowd numbers are dropping fast but that wont stop them, income from gates is small fry now....

Have you met him? Do you know him? Thought not, just your usual ignorant, banal crap.

I (just a normal fan) spoke about the club with him for almost 45 mins in the San Siro. He clearly wants success on the pitch as much as any Saints fan does.

His target is regular European football, CL within 5 years if one we can take advantage of a big club(s) slipping up, and winning cups. I guess his bonus is aligned with that too. For a club our size that is pretty ambitious; compare with Stoke for example, who hold a champagne party when they hit 40 points as that's their definition of success and ambition. Each year it gets harder for us, esp with FFP; plus the balance of power lies with players/agents not clubs (unless you are one of the big 4) and agents unsettle our better players all the time.

Criticise on facts and performance, not stuff you know **** all about.

Have you met him? Do you know him? Thought not, just your usual ignorant, banal crap.

I (just a normal fan) spoke about the club with him for almost 45 mins in the San Siro. He clearly wants success on the pitch as much as any Saints fan does.

His target is regular European football, CL within 5 years if one we can take advantage of a big club(s) slipping up, and winning cups. I guess his bonus is aligned with that too. For a club our size that is pretty ambitious; compare with Stoke for example, who hold a champagne party when they hit 40 points as that's their definition of success and ambition. Each year it gets harder for us, esp with FFP; plus the balance of power lies with players/agents not clubs (unless you are one of the big 4) and agents unsettle our better players all the time.

just because he humoured you, does not make these comments any less valid.

how can he sit there with a straight face, talk about being regular european participants and CL in 5 years as a goal/aspiration....whilst selling anything that moves.

just because he humoured you, does not make these comments any less valid.

how can he sit there with a straight face, talk about being regular european participants and CL in 5 years as a goal/aspiration....whilst selling anything that moves.

And another ****ing d1ck who doesn't have a clue turns up.

You can't keep players whose heads have been turned and don't want to play for you.

I won't be able to respond to your witty reply as I have to go out.

And another ****ing d1ck who doesn't have a clue turns up.

You can't keep players whose heads have been turned and don't want to play for you.

I won't be able to respond to your witty reply as I have to go out.

we have a very high number of players who dont want to play for us. how does that work with being european regulars?

So you spoke to him in October and he spoke about his grand plan to "pounce" once the big 6-7 clubs fall asleep for a season. Same (coincidence) that he mentioned the same "ambition" in his interviews earlier this month.

Waiting for 6-7 clubs to have a nightmare season.... How is that ambition? And why didn't we "pounce" last season? Did Leicester have first dibs?

I dont need to know Reed personally to past judgement - i have acknowledged his success to make money, but he has failed on the football front and even he would need to admit that - he was a failed player, then a failed manager. He then came here to oversee the academy and is now by his own admission in charge of "EVERYTHING"

He spoke about champions league - failed

He spoke about filling the new trophy cabinet - failed

He has now reset his own targets (6th to 9th) and is again failing.

Make money - tick

Meet his own targets - fail

It'll be very silly not to get one in now, need a top one signed and bedded in by September as a replacement for VVD for next season let alone Fonte.

I can see us leaving it, getting an injury and having a tin pot defence to go alongside our tin pot strikers.

If we don't replace fonte and get a new striker this month then Les Reed is blatantly taking the fans for mugs. No excuse for not addressing both positions. Both been known for some time.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

They take the fans for mugs anyway, they know the audience is captive, Tesco shoppers will switch to Sainsbury's if they feel they are getting a raw deal off Tesco. The club very nicely let season tickets behind the goals be reduced to come in line with the cap on away supporter ticket prices................. then let the Club main sponsor subsidise visiting fans to the tune of £10 per ticket, what do us mugs who put our hands in our pockets get................ our trousers down round our ankles.

We are now light at centre back at the same time we have a general strike force that can't achieve the main objective of the game, let alone hit a cows backside with a banjo. Come the 1st February if the interesting possibilities have stopped the gaping holes us idiots can see being filled, then we fans will have no trousers on to pull down......... our shirts have been off our backs for ages.

I just want Reed to sign anyone. I don't care if they're not very good or we over pay for him , I just want a centre half onboard. If he turns out to be shiete & we're stuck with the useless lump it'll give me another opportunity to slag Reed off,he can also replace Redmond as my scapegoat , so it's win win for me.

Is that your considered view or just a management summary of the prevailing view of a sizeable proportion of fans?

Whilst he's at the footballer supermarket perhaps he could get a striker too, and a litre of semi-skimmed organic milk for me.

Is that your considered view or just a management summary of the prevailing view of a sizeable proportion of fans?

Whilst he's at the footballer supermarket perhaps he could get a striker too, and a litre of semi-skimmed organic milk for me.

I simply read Duckhunter's comment as sardonic. Why do you see it differently?

We will obviously get someone in to replace Fonte. Reed said that was a comdition of letting him go and he clearly meant a new player when you listen to the interview Solent posted.

Puel is just saying what he needs to in front of the media.

We will obviously get someone in to replace Fonte. Reed said that was a comdition of letting him go and he clearly meant a new player when you listen to the interview Solent posted.

Puel is just saying what he needs to in front of the media.

Really? I'm not so sure.

Peace in our time

Les Reed, Daily Echo, 5th Jan on Fonte:

“He certainly won’t leave on the basis that he can just go.

“We would not consider releasing him unless there was a decent transfer fee and secondly that we were in a position to replace him.

We will bring someone in, there is still plenty of time left this window.

.. and on the same lines, I heard Puel's interview in the car on the way home today. I took it to mean that they were considering a new defender, but that the difficulty was getting a better one than the ones we already have, and he's not Redknapp stupid in ruining the confidence of players he may have to rely on. He's well aware of the Gardos situation, for example, and that after his injury he may not be part of the solution..

JBS, I agree but with the one exception being that if we are relegated, we are likely to "lose" 10k supporters on a weekly basis.

Not quite 10000.....

Eight seasons of PL football at SMS have averaged 30,755

Eight seasons of non-PL football have averaged 22,200 (which includes 17,849 when we went down from the champ to lge one, and 20,982 in our first season in Lge 1

For our single most recent season in the Championship we averaged 26,420.

If it's priced right and we are competitive in the Championship looks like we have a base of c24,OOO.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

I have no expectation that the club will bring in a goal scorer this month but I will be amazed if we don't bring in a centre back all the language from the club has implied that we will, my money is still on a sakho loan with option secured on the last day of the window when nobody else is willing to offer a permanent deal. If we cashed in a few of our future options/payments with Liverpool we'd probably get sakho for pretty much free which might make justifying his salary easier.

Not quite 10000.....

Eight seasons of PL football at SMS have averaged 30,755

Eight seasons of non-PL football have averaged 22,200 (which includes 17,849 when we went down from the champ to lge one, and 20,982 in our first season in Lge 1

For our single most recent season in the Championship we averaged 26,420.

If it's priced right and we are competitive in the Championship looks like we have a base of c24,OOO.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/soto.htm

LOL - I was just speaking figuratively! But, seeing as we are at it, you raise the pricing it correctly bit. Do that, and the 24k you might get, while only 6k less than PL averages, might be the equiv of 10k's worth of income.

LOL - I was just speaking figuratively! But, seeing as we are at it, you raise the pricing it correctly bit. Do that, and the 24k you might get, while only 6k less than PL averages, might be the equiv of 10k's worth of income.

Nah, prices wouldn't fall that far in Championship (the price cut would be the extra games, similar prices, four games more). Much bigger prob would be the telly money but isn't there now even bigger parachute payments so prob ok on that score for two seasons. Not going to happen anyway, this year or for the foreseeable future.. we'd have to do some really silly over-selling combined with some serious under-recruiting on replacements to be relegated.....

(amazing what a 3-0 home win can do for a chap's confidence).