Liverpool Away Build Up - SEMI FINAL

Saint Garrett

#PrayForVVD

I've convinced my boss to give me time off work- driving up from Kent missing Thursday and half of Wednesday.

Thankfully I have my cousin in Liverpool where I can stay and I think I'll cook myself some food beforehand to save some money too.

Saints please do me some good and make this worthwhile!!!

If VVD plays I fancy us to get the draw or win to see us through, S.Davis hopefully will be fit as well.

They have scored 3 goals in 4 games, so hopefully they still have a poor scoring run still and if we can keep it tight for 20-25 the scousers will start getting frustrated.

However if Davis and VVD are missing I think we lose 2-0 or 3-1.

If VVD isn't fit then Les's lie about a replacement coming in before Fonte being allowed to leave will bite us on the ass big time. Absolute cock up from the board that could potentially cost us our best chance of a Wembley final for years.

Thinking just that myself more lies from liar les

If VVD isn't fit then Les's lie about a replacement coming in before Fonte being allowed to leave will bite us on the ass big time. Absolute cock up from the board that could potentially cost us our best chance of a Wembley final for years.

Thinking just that myself more lies from liar les

Have you considered their intention might be to get Sakho and Liverpool want us to wait until after the semi final so he can't play?

Have you considered their intention might be to get Sakho and Liverpool want us to wait until after the semi final so he can't play?

what we could have done, we sell Fonte on Thursday. Regardless if anything else.

we are a hell of a lot weaker with Yoshida and Stephens at the back if VvD is out.

To the game, We will need to score at the very least 1 goal, more like at least 2.

seems like we have found where the net is.

if VvD is out injured, do not fancy our chances what so ever.

He is our one and only x-factor and a team like us, needs that in such big games.

I prey we do not 'rotate' out our better players (mainly defenders). No need what so ever.

Forster

Cedric

VvD (hopefully)

Yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Davis

JwP/Clasie

Tadic

Rodriguez

Redmond

Edited by Batman

what we could have done, we sell Fonte on Thursday. Regardless if anything else.

we are a hell of a lot weaker with Yoshida and Stephens at the back if VvD is out.

To the game, We will need to score at the very least 1 goal, more like at least 2.

seems like we have found where the net is.

if VvD is out injured, do not fancy our chances what so ever.

He is our one and only x-factor and a team like us, needs that in such big games.

I prey we do not 'rotate' out our better players (mainly defenders). No need what so ever.

Forster

Cedric

VvD (hopefully)

Yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Davis

JwP/Clasie

Tadic

Rodriguez

Redmond

If VvD is out, how about Bertrand at CB with Yoshida and McQueen at LB??

Puel has already said it isn't possible for the same team to play twice in 3 days, so there will be a couple of changes at least regardless of VVD availability.

Would hope Jay stays in ahead of Long but would bring Davis in for Hojbjerg if available.

Good to keep JWP in following his best performance for a year or so but not if it means him and Clasie together as those two plus Romeu just doesn't work as we lack any mobility from that area.

Wonder when we might see Boufal again?

I have considered that and I also considered the thought they could have kept Fonte another week, but no, we are left short potentially just before the biggest match of the season. Just brilliant.

Of course, having not played a pro game since last season (except PL2) we would sign him and he would walk straight into the team for a semi-final. :mcinnes: It really makes you wonder what planet some people inhabit.

If all are fit, I'd go with:

------------------------------Forster-------------------------

--Cedric------------Yoshi-------------VVD------Bertrand---

------------Clasie---------Davis---------Romeu-----------

----------Redmond--------Rodriguez-------Tadic---------

Subs: Taylor, Stephens, McQueen, JWP, Hojbjerg, Sims, Long

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong 90 (or 120) minutes!

If all are fit, I'd go with:

------------------------------Forster-------------------------

--Cedric------------Yoshi-------------VVD------Bertrand---

------------Clasie---------Davis---------Romeu-----------

----------Redmond--------Rodriguez-------Tadic---------

Subs: Taylor, Stephens, McQueen, JWP, Hojbjerg, Sims, Long

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong 90 (or 120) minutes!

Personally I'd play 11 men, but that's just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he say that a replacement would be lined up? That's somewhat different to actually signed, isn't it?

THIS- Was just about to put something similar.

I have considered that and I also considered the thought they could have kept Fonte another week, but no, we are left short potentially just before the biggest match of the season. Just brilliant.

Fonte wouldn't have played anyway even if he were here still.

I'm really bricking it about this game. I think we can do it but Liverpool will be a different animal this time. I know they are in a bad run of form atm BUT, Coutinho is back fit and will probably start, Henderson who has been immense for them so far this season is back and Firmino is being played in the false 9 position which he flourish's in.

It's going to be a really tough evening but if we play like we can then we can do it!!!

I just hope some of the misses from the first leg don't come back to bite us on the arse. A nice early Saints goal will do just nicely please.

I think we'll need to score so hopefully Puel will set us up to do our fair share of attacking when we get the chance. The worst thing we can do is to sit behind the ball and invite them on to us because that will be a suicidal approach. Give them plenty to worry about as defensively they really aren't that great as proved by Swansea, Bournemouth and others - you have to have a go at them because they have major mistakes in their back line and goalkeeper (whichever one they pick)

If we high press like we did for a majority of this game then we'll have no problems. We got caught on a couple of breaks early on from hanging on to possession but I reckon our passing has gotten faster and crisper lately. Liverpool will struggle to deal with it. Nice early goal and we're in control.