Liverpool Away Build Up - SEMI FINAL

Saint Garrett

Liverpool fans are not confident. Swansea more or less copied our tactics and they're worried teams have got them sussed out. Henderson and Clyne have knocks as well so they're doubtful.

Depends if they play Matip or not I expect. I think he's been cleared to play now so that will make a bit of difference to their defence. Just don't understand Klopp's refusal to play Sakho, Klavan is a clown, Matip wasn't available and yet he continues with his obstination.

Depends if they play Matip or not I expect. I think he's been cleared to play now so that will make a bit of difference to their defence. Just don't understand Klopp's refusal to play Sakho, Klavan is a clown, Matip wasn't available and yet he continues with his obstination.

Matip came on in the Swansea game so I'd expect him to play on Wednesday, sadly.

Have you considered their intention might be to get Sakho and Liverpool want us to wait until after the semi final so he can't play?

Then he is an idiot. Because we should never have sold Fonte without having a replacement. Could all have been done on Thursday.

Only a muppet would expect Liverpool to strengthen our team right before a cup semi final against them.

There is absolutely no defence for what he has done with Fonte, the timing is horrendous and could very well cot us a cup final. I just hope for all our sakes that our best player and captain is fit!!

Then he is an idiot. Because we should never have sold Fonte without having a replacement. Could all have been done on Thursday.

Only a muppet would expect Liverpool to strengthen our team right before a cup semi final against them.

There is absolutely no defence for what he has done with Fonte, the timing is horrendous and could very well cot us a cup final. I just hope for all our sakes that our best player and captain is fit!!

would he really have played Fonte if he was about to leave the next day?

No, too risky. Would you buy a car that had been in an accident the day before? More to the point, would he have been fully committed if a deal had been agreed and he knew that he was leaving next day?

Players about to leave are never played. You cant risk that they get injured in that game and then the deal fall through.

Still a few hundred tickets left I noticed. Just off to collect mine. Excited now.

If VvD is out i'd like to se

......................FF................

Cedric. Yosh.Stephens.Bertrand. McQueen

................Clasie.....Romeo...................

.....................Tadic..........................

.............Long........JayRod...................

Or

...................FF.....................

Cedric...Yosh....Stephens.....Bertrand

..........Clasie........Romeo..........

Redmond.......Tadic........Jayrod

...................Long.....................

If VvD is out i'd like to se

......................FF................

Cedric. Yosh.Stephens.Bertrand. McQueen

................Clasie.....Romeo...................

.....................Tadic..........................

.............Long........JayRod...................

Or

...................FF.....................

Cedric...Yosh....Stephens.....Bertrand

..........Clasie........Romeo..........

Redmond.......Tadic........Jayrod

...................Long.....................

Why would you want them to take a huge risk and switch to a formation they haven't used under Puel? Last time was under Koeman many months ago and it is a huge risk using it unprepared. Only worth switching if they've had weeks of preparation in that system in training as a back up to the 433, no evidence atm Puel ever intends to use that system.

Why would you want them to take a huge risk and switch to a formation they haven't used under Puel? Last time was under Koeman many months ago and it is a huge risk using it unprepared. Only worth switching if they've had weeks of preparation in that system in training as a back up to the 433, no evidence atm Puel ever intends to use that system.

Agreed. It would do more harm than good defensively if we were to switch.

Assuming VVD is out, my team would be unchanged from Sunday with Stephens taking his place and Long coming on a bit earlier. Same game plan with quick build up putting pressure on them from the start. If we sit back the entire game and invite them to attack then it's never going to end well (might have worked once at St. Mary's but I doubt it will do at Anfield).

Some hope:

"van Dijk, he is having a scan and I am waiting for the results at the moment,” said Puel.

“It was a good kick on his ankle, and he could not continue in the game yesterday.

"It’s not serious, but I don’t know if he can participate in this game. We will see in the next days before the game.”

Puel added: "It's better for Davis. We will see tomorrow in the training session if he can participate in this game or not."

So exciited about this semi final, any news on vvd? If he is not fit, who is going to play, Stephens yoshi?

I'd not get too excited about it if I were you. Our semi final record against sides from Liverpool is pretty awful. I should know,

I went to all of those in the 80s.

Edited by Window Cleaner

We couldn't be playing them at a better time.

Plymouth restricted them to one goal in 180 minutes, Swansea gave them a thumping and even Sunderland took a point.

Theyve not won any last 6 and we are already 1 up

If we get at them early and snatch a goal could be game over and party time for us :) :) :)

We couldn't be playing them at a better time.

Plymouth restricted them to one goal in 180 minutes, Swansea gave them a thumping and even Sunderland took a point.

Theyve not won any last 6 and we are already 1 up

If we get at them early and snatch a goal could be game over and party time for us :) :) :)

In my long years of watching Saints play every single one of those things you've said points towards us getting royally thumped and going out!

In my long years of watching Saints play every single one of those things you've said points towards us getting royally thumped and going out!

I'd say more heroic failure. Van Dijk fails a last fitness test and we battle gamely for 90 minutes then lose in extra time with us having a big decision go against us, with us all left ruing our luck and claiming we'd have won if Van Dijk had been fit.

With the prospect of a Man Utd v Liverpool final, they'll be a lot of powerful people baying for it to happen, the TV mobs will be rubbing their hands in anticipation. Who's the referee...........?

Martin Atkinson. At least it's not the same ref from first leg!

I'd say more heroic failure. Van Dijk fails a last fitness test and we battle gamely for 90 minutes then lose in extra time with us having a big decision go against us, with us all left ruing our luck and claiming we'd have won if Van Dijk had been fit.

To be fair the stories written isn't it? Us holding out till the end of extra time and the one of our ex players scoring in the last minute, so TV can talk about how plucky we are, our support talk about "what if Van Dijk" and the press patronise us for how well we've done, but how it's a magical moment at Anfield and shows why the players move there.

I really f*cking hope i'm wrong, but...

To be fair the stories written isn't it? Us holding out till the end of extra time and the one of our ex players scoring in the last minute, so TV can talk about how plucky we are, our support talk about "what if Van Dijk" and the press patronise us for how well we've done, but how it's a magical moment at Anfield and shows why the players move there.

I really f*cking hope i'm wrong, but...

And don't forget the atmosphere created by those brilliant Liverpool fans, another great cup night at Anfield. Then the scoring player, probably Lallana will talk with affection about his old club but he's a Liverpool player now and had a job to do and how pleased he is to be in the final.

And don't forget the atmosphere created by those brilliant Liverpool fans, another great cup night at Anfield. Then the scoring player, probably Lallana will talk with affection about his old club but he's a Liverpool player now and had a job to do and how pleased he is to be in the final.

i don't think Lallana will talk about us with any affection!!

Same starting XI as today, huge game.

Everyone who can needs to get a ticket and get up there! 90 mins from Wembley.

COYS!!!!

We will clearly start with Davis and Clasie if fit.

PS your geography is terrible, it takes well over an hour and a half to get from Anfield to Wembley. :D

Anyone got one or two spaces in their car for the trip up on wednesday? Train prices have shot up over the weekend, was waiting to hear back from someone before booking and now I can't afford the f*cking fare price. Obviously more than happy to pay petrol money.

Why not try Southampton -away travel

http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/efl-cup/liverpool-efl/

Anyone got one or two spaces in their car for the trip up on wednesday? Train prices have shot up over the weekend, was waiting to hear back from someone before booking and now I can't afford the f*cking fare price. Obviously more than happy to pay petrol money.

I think Ladysaint said he had a spare place in car

I'm going up tomorrow morning from Basingstoke and back Thursday. Happy to give you a lift up tomorrow if that fits in with your plans. Bit of a squeeze in the car mind...

If VVD isn't fit then Les's lie about a replacement coming in before Fonte being allowed to leave will bite us on the ass big time. Absolute cock up from the board that could potentially cost us our best chance of a Wembley final for years.

Totally agree. This is a massive week and there is no Fonte replacement. If we go out of both cups the board is responsible. I hope Stephens steps up but Yoshida and Stephens is not what we would have hoped for in these big games. I hope Les takes his share of the blame for a potential cock up.

Totally agree. This is a massive week and there is no Fonte replacement. If we go out of both cups the board is responsible. I hope Stephens steps up but Yoshida and Stephens is not what we would have hoped for in these big games. I hope Les takes his share of the blame for a potential cock up.

1. How was Les or anyone at the club able to predict that our best player would go down injured 3 days before this game?

2. So you're suggesting we play a player who's heart isn't in it and knows he'll be moving to a new club later that week anyway....

3. Fonte hasn't played for about a month. Why would the club want to continue paying wages (and potentially make suitors look elsewhere) to a player that isn't playing and isn't part of the match day squad.

Even if Fonte's transfer hadn't already been secured, he would not be playing Wednesday.

Absolute ridiculous statement and you clearly know nothing about how transfers take place.

As frustrating as it is, we have transfer targets which we do not let out in the media. Deals take time, I have no doubt that come the end of the window we'll have a new CB (IMO it will be Sahko. Liverpool aren't going to strengthen us before a game against them are they).

Totally agree.

Some will argue that Reed has been unlucky with VVDs injury, but why gamble on it - particularly now so close to our biggest game of season.

Fonte wouldn't refuse to play, hes said that. Reed also spoke about his professionalism and how if he stayed hed remain captain so there were no concerns with this side.

Said at the time that it was potential suicide unless he announced his replacement that night as promised.... He didnt and now were sat going into this huge game with Jack whose had 80 mins at RB and 30 mins at CB partnering our no.3 (Yoshida)

Total joke and could genuinely cost us a trophy