VVD Out for 2-3 Months

Saint Garrett

What I found interesting was the way MOTD 2 covered it last night.

The edit just showed him going down just off camera, the commentator saying "it looks as though he fell awkwardly", and then footage of him limping off.

There was absolutely no mention at all of him being done by a nasty, spiteful late raking of his Achilles by that despicable little germ, Vardy.

What I found interesting was the way MOTD 2 covered it last night.

The edit just showed him going down just off camera, the commentator saying "it looks as though he fell awkwardly", and then footage of him limping off.

There was absolutely no mention at all of him being done by a nasty, spiteful late raking of his Achilles by that despicable little germ, Vardy.

Thought the same - very strange they didn't show it, it was a nasty one and should have been at least booked for it.

The issue here for the Liverpool goes beyond simply our best player being out injured. If VVD misses out, Puel will want to protect Yoshi and Stephens by dropping Romeu/Clasie deeper. It means our plan of attack will simply to play on the break and I wonder if Long will play up top to aid this

Really? Was a pure accident!

The petulant two-footed stamp is a massive exaggeration but in that slo-mo Vardy is very much looking at VVD's ankle and not at the ball. Easy to see why the ref gave nothing as it looks in real time to be accidental and I guess only Jamie Vardy will know if he did it on purpose or not and he certainly won't be telling anyone,

Fingers crossed VVD is back very soon he is so important to us at the minute that him being out for any length of time would be a major blow.

Realistically, I would say best case scenario is he missed Wednesday & back for Arsenal.

Best case scenario is he is fit for Wednesday.

Nobody cares about Arsenal in comparison and if he is able to play Saturday then dose him up and get him out there on Wednesday even if he then had to have a couple of weeks off.

Reed will be hoping he plays or the Fonte timing looks ludicrously short sighted, especially given a.) West Ham havent got a game til next Wednesday and b.) Fonte would surely have been willing to play this semi final as his bow out game.

Best case scenario is he is fit for Wednesday.

Nobody cares about Arsenal in comparison and if he is able to play Saturday then dose him up and get him out there on Wednesday even if he then had to have a couple of weeks off.

Reed will be hoping he plays or the Fonte timing looks ludicrously short sighted, especially given a.) West Ham havent got a game til next Wednesday and b.) Fonte would surely have been willing to play this semi final as his bow out game.

Eh? I think he was always willing to play, he was just seen as a disruptive influence. He'd be even more so leading the team out for a semifinal.

Deliberate was my opinion at the time it happened, then after re winding and watching several times the slow motions on the Sky recording I am of the same opinion, Vardy knew VVD was in control and our lynchpin at the back.

From my vague memory didn't he also have a dodgy studs up challenge on Davis up at Leicester last season and again got away without a booking?

Looked like an accident to me.

When even Graeme Souness says - with all the classic understatement of all of an ex-pro pundit not wanting to upset his fellow professionals - "Only Jamie Vardy will know for certain if he meant to do that", you know it was deliberate.

Vardy has got previous form for spiteful late challenges.

he is having a scan which sounds to me like its far worse than it looked - I was just hoping an impact injury that a bit of ice and treatment would fix.

Missing Wednesday is bad enough, but if he's out for over a month then we absolutely need to bring someone else in.

he is having a scan which sounds to me like its far worse than it looked - I was just hoping an impact injury that a bit of ice and treatment would fix.

They scan just about everything these days simply because they can and it allows them to be sure without relying on the player who maybe desperate to play for information on how bad it is. I wouldn't read anything into 'he's going for a scan'.

Hope Leicester get relegated. Nasty bunch of thugs and cloggers. I can barely believe they won the league last year. It's an embarrassment to the national game.

Hopefully they go down with Palace. About time a desperate Fat Sam escape bid failed.

My take on the injury as it looked like a bruised bone on the top of the foot near the ankle. The scan will likely confirm it.

When VVD went down he was clearly in pain hitting the ground with his hands. He knew it as not good. Long treatment and then he carried on but I watched him and he was not moving well avoiding the injured side. Each time he jumped it was not so high as usual and his headers were weaker. He took off on his non injured leg and avoided landing on his injured one. When he did land on it he immediately went down and hit the grass in frustration. He knew it was bad.

With this type of injury it can take up to 3 months to get to the point of full recovery. I suspect the club will not say much but do not expect him back too soon. Hope I am wrong but the fact Puel simply said he was going for a scan and gave none of the reassurance he did straight after the game I think he and the club realise it is not good news.

I hope I am wrong.

Badly bruised heels and feet can take a long time to heal and are very painful, as I can personally verify.

When young and fit I bruised a heel and couldn't walk properly let alone run or play any games for a whole uni term

Even with the intensive care and physio a pro footballer will get a badly bruised foot may take weeks and the foot is very complicated with many small bones that can break easily

I'm amazed Vardy got away with it as on TV it looked like a deliberate hack, with no chance of getting to the ball !

Having watched it a few times on replay it looks to me like the top of his foot took the weight of Vardy stepping onto him. I guess its going to be pretty bruised and painful for a while. The biggest problem I see if its the part of the foot you might need to take impact from kicking the ball and in 50/50 challenges. Unfortunately i suspect Wednesday is just too close to the injury.

Hope Leicester get relegated. Nasty bunch of thugs and cloggers. I can barely believe they won the league last year. It's an embarrassment to the national game.

Hopefully they go down with Palace. About time a desperate Fat Sam escape bid failed.

Arsenal had 1 point less this time last year and were top.

just shows how poor the league was last season

Vardy should not be anywhere near the next england squad on this form.

but that is not how it works

Having watched it a few times on replay it looks to me like the top of his foot took the weight of Vardy stepping onto him. I guess its going to be pretty bruised and painful for a while. The biggest problem I see if its the part of the foot you might need to take impact from kicking the ball and in 50/50 challenges. Unfortunately i suspect Wednesday is just too close to the injury.

50/50?

It was a nasty cynical challenge. If he was genuinely going for the ball, he would have slid and lunged for the ball.

Awaiting scan results according to SSN (apologies if this has already been mentioned further up). Should be an update tomorrow then? Unless Saints plan on keeping their cards close to their chest and we only know for certain when the line-up is announced on Weds eve?! Which is fairly likely.

Didn't see the game. Only watched up to the highlight following the link provided above. It seems that VVD gets the ball, JV then kicks and misses it with his right foot then slightly afterwards (and there's no need for this as he can just plant his foot down where it would have been after the missed kick) he lifted his foot up and deliberately stamped on VVD.

50/50?

It was a nasty cynical challenge. If he was genuinely going for the ball, he would have slid and lunged for the ball.

I meant that the fact that IMO the injury is to the top of his foot, hopefully only bruising, will stop him playing as thats the part of the foot that might get hurt again in 50/50 challenges. Sorry if i didn't explain myself properly.

I meant that the fact that IMO the injury is to the top of his foot, hopefully only bruising, will stop him playing as thats the part of the foot that might get hurt again in 50/50 challenges. Sorry if i didn't explain myself properly.

You did explain yourself properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha if it was a broken foot would be so typical Saints. Keep taking ridiculous gambles and eventually you are going to get caught out. Makes me laugh when on one hand the club presents itself as sensible and well prepared to take the careful approach but then takes gambles such as the Fonte and Austin ones without having adequate safety nets in place.